Gen 1 Headlight Project w/ HID install

This is an FYI for somebody who recently PM'd me regarding the MFS pins. This picture highlights the pins I bridged - compare this with your book - it's possible your book just numbers differently.

pin outs MFS.jpg

I just got my 5000K HID's installed on my '96 yesterday. I put them in the low beams first. I'll be doing the MFS mod soon. And I'm also planning to put a set of HID's in the hi beams too. And maybe some day, I'll have the time and energy to pull the housings and clean and re-chrome them. I've got everything I need, I'm just putting it off cuz I'm lazy.

Jamie already re-pinned my multifunction switch when I bought it from him and it works perfect. Both on together, they are bright. Took out the 10,000K a week ago and put 6,000K in to match the 6,000K in the highs. I have the 10K in the glove box just in case something ever happens to a bulb. I have some 12,000K too but damn, those bulbs look like a deep purple. I tried them out when I bought the new housings and I could see ok but with my luck, I would have ended up with a ticket and it was a little on the ricey side.

12,000K below

Lights001.jpg

Now with 6000K low beam only.

Lights003.jpg

Nice! I like the 6000K better. They're much brighter. My headlights don't look anywhere near as good as yours. They're still pretty yucky looking:) But maybe the HID's will help with night visibility.

Nice! I like the 6000K better. They're much brighter. My headlights don't look anywhere near as good as yours. They're still pretty yucky looking:) But maybe the HID's will help with night visibility.

I know you mentioned re-chroming what you have and polishing them but since you're going back with HID's in the highs and lows, I would seriously consider getting new housings. There is a difference. I have had re-chromed and now have new. This is where I got mine but they want you to do a price request. I ordered all my lenses from them and they ship quick and everything is NIB and packed from Ford. Cheaper than anyone on eBay for new lenses. Just suggesting it. I got my grille from them too.

http://www.tascaparts.com/storefron...pricing for Lens and housing - 1993-961993-96

just curios has any one tried to shave down the inside the lens on the 1st gens? would it give it a similar appearance to HID's.. or look like crap?

I have thought of this before, but as mentioned, the reflector part of the housing on the halogen housing is smooth, where as the HID housing has vertical lines at different spacing to direct the light. The lens on the halogen housing has the refractive lines in it. While it is probably thick enough to attempt to smooth it, you would still have to get the right curvature to it. Even then, your headlights' projection would be scattered.

I know you mentioned re-chroming what you have and polishing them but since you're going back with HID's in the highs and lows, I would seriously consider getting new housings. There is a difference. I have had re-chromed and now have new. This is where I got mine but they want you to do a price request. I ordered all my lenses from them and they ship quick and everything is NIB and packed from Ford. Cheaper than anyone on eBay for new lenses. Just suggesting it. I got my grille from them too.

http://www.tascaparts.com/storefron...pricing for Lens and housing - 1993-961993-96

I got some HID housings I am cleaning up, I heard someone on here (pretty certain it was Jamie) say that his 96 HID's didn't compare. I am guessing that was 96 HID complete vs. halogen housing with aftermarket HID. So I wonder how these housings would fare with my 6000k aftermarket kit, assuming I can fabricate an adapter...
Second, do they carry the front bumper cover painted, or the chrome trim that goes over the headlights?

I got some HID housings I am cleaning up, I heard someone on here (pretty certain it was Jamie) say that his 96 HID's didn't compare. I am guessing that was 96 HID complete vs. halogen housing with aftermarket HID. So I wonder how these housings would fare with my 6000k aftermarket kit, assuming I can fabricate an adapter...
Second, do they carry the front bumper cover painted, or the chrome trim that goes over the headlights?

What Jamie said was "yes"

You would see fine with the HID kit and the adapter ring you would need can be bought from (DLF) here on the site.

Not sure on the bumper covers but (yes) to the chrome brow. Right at $100 NIB

jesus dude how many times has it been covered, the same way we put aftermarkets in out gen 2's, you need the delrin rings that DLF makes for us!

jesus dude how many times has it been covered, the same way we put aftermarkets in out gen 2's, you need the delrin rings that DLF makes for us!

Jamie, c'mon... I don't sit here & ponder all day on LVC.... I did the search, read as much as I could & came across empty handed. I'm installing HID's on the new 96 LSC headlamps that I just got. As you ALREADY KNOW, I work until 7pm at times so sitting 2 hours through a search result is not an option for me. If someone on LVC is so kind as to direct me in the right direction (since that is what we are ALL "including me" here for) I will look up DLF's thread to see if it helps with what I'm looking for but if someone (that means you too Jamie, you know you want to look for it, then do sexy things to me when you see me at the meet), lol... C'mon help me here, I'm not as savy as you!

i just told you lo,l want me to come to your house and get on your computer in front of you to show you? i said, contact dlf, get a set of rings, then order your hid's 9006 base bulb, 6000k and put the :q:q:q:q in.

god damn sometimes you need to be soup ladel fed, forget a spoon.

i just told you lo,l want me to come to your house and get on your computer in front of you to show you? i said, contact dlf, get a set of rings, then order your hid's 9006 base bulb, 6000k and put the :q:q:q:q in.

god damn sometimes you need to be soup ladel fed, forget a spoon.

Dude, lmao... YOU finally got it! I want you in my house tonight, lol... I saw DLF's thread, he makes the adapters to install HID's on regular headlamps. I want to know bout the wiring itself. Is it on his thread too? Can I install any aftermarket headlamp on my 96 LSC housings?

Help me....... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! :leghumper

omfg, listen to me you cuban bastard, regular housings have a 9005 based bulb, you can buy 9005 based hid's and they pop right in the housing, dlf makes adapter rings for HID housings, the rings he make are for both 96 HID housings and gen 2 housings, the hole in the back of the 1st gen and 2nd gen headlights is the same, both gen cars used the same factory hid bulb. DLF's rings are made to fit over the large hole in the low beam socket of the hid housings so you can adapt a 9006 after market hid bulb to them. you need doug's rings to put after market hid bulbs into your new lsc housings, do you understand now you lack of sleep retard?

omfg, listen to me you cuban bastard, regular housings have a 9005 based bulb, you can buy 9005 based hid's and they pop right in the housing, dlf makes adapter rings for HID housings, the rings he make are for both 96 HID housings and gen 2 housings, the hole in the back of the 1st gen and 2nd gen headlights is the same, both gen cars used the same factory hid bulb. DLF's rings are made to fit over the large hole in the low beam socket of the hid housings so you can adapt a 9006 after market hid bulb to them. you need doug's rings to put after market hid bulbs into your new lsc housings, do you understand now you lack of sleep retard?

OMG I'm laffin my azz off here :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm gonna risk a bit of flaming wrath heaped upon my unworthy skull by asking the same thing: the specifics of the wiring. I've got the HID kit from VME, I've got the delrin adapter rings from DLF. They need to go into a '96 LSC with dead low-beams.
Do the new DC ballasts drop-in-replace the original AC ballasts? Plug right in, or is there wire splicing involved? Also, is there an inverter or some component that needs to be bypassed/scrapped?

Please Master, help young padwan to understand.

:gr_hail::gr_hail::gr_hail::gr_hail::gr_hail:

JIf someone on LVC is so kind as to direct me in the right direction (since that is what we are ALL "including me" here for) I will look up DLF's thread to see if it helps with what I'm looking for but if someone (that means you too Jamie, you know you want to look for it, then do sexy things to me when you see me at the meet), lol... C'mon help me here, I'm not as savy as you!

It took me about an hour, but I needed the same info.
And Lo and Behold, I found it! :eek:

Check this thread.
Second post is DLF's, and it has a link to LOD, where he posted the above in even MORE mind-boggling full color detail.
Really cool the way he made that mounting bracket for the new ballasts, too. Gonna do mine the same way.

So neither of us need to piss Jamie off any further. He was right; Search and ye shall Find. :D

The only question I've got is whether those clear plasic box-looking covers (with the High Voltage warnings on em) are supposed to also exist on a '96 LSC. Cos mine ain't got em. :confused:
Pulled the bulbs out to look at em, and somebody had stuck halogens in there, which were blown but twisted in and out of the unit as though they belonged there. And they ARE stock LSC HID housings, I polished up the lenses so they're clear as glass again. So I'm not sure WHAT gives there... :confused:

i wasnt pissed at all lmfao i was busting alex's balls because he should know better!

I knew dat. But I still can't read yer response without laughin my @ss off :lol:

Still puzzled about why the LSC housings had 2 Sylvania 9005 HB3 bulbs stuck in em (and they fit like original equipment). Gonna break out that '96 Mark VIII Ford shop manual I just paid 40 bucks for and see if I can figure this out).

Below is an outline of my headlight refurb, from the initial rechroming, to aftermarket HID fitment and associated modifications: (multi function switch mod for lows and highs and check exterior lamp message removal)

View attachment 32830

Hello Aquabrit I was wondering if you can send me the attachment that you put in the 1st post in the thread. I click on it and can't get the attachment. Either if you can email to me at projectviper255@yahoo.com or if you can repost the attachment and make a new post in the thread. It looks like allot of people liked the file and i am doing the HID conversion so it would be a great help to me.

Thank You

Joe

Hello Aqabrit I was wondering if you can send me the attachment that you put in the 1st post in the thread. I click on it and can't get the attachment. Either if you can email to me at projectviper255@yahoo.com or if you can repost the attachment and make a new post in the thread. It looks like allot of people liked the file and i am doing the HID conversion so it would be a great help to me.

Thank You

Joe

Hello Aquabrit I tried clicking on your first post if you could e-mail me all that info that would be great. Just bought a used set of headlights installed them this past weekend and I would like to try to restore the old ones. Unfortunately the drivers side was a iffy pass on inspection....but i got a sticker lol yay! Told me next year probably won't pass. Thanks emp450@yahoo.com

its my understanding that this file is lost forever. hopefully it returns as id like to see the rechroming portion.

What was here will never be back again. I can't even remember when the whole thing was lost but you can dig through (BAD97LSC) and the OP of this thread and get enough information out of it to know pretty much what you're up against when you go to restore the housings. Mine were restored by (BAD97LSC) when I bought my car off him but I ended up selling those housings to someone else on here and just bought new ones and today, they still look just as they did when I took them out of the box. There is a lot of work involved with doing them and getting them right.

And to whoever got mad or upset and told someone to search, it is difficult to search on here. If I want to know something or I know I have seen something on here before, I go to Google and put in whatever I want to know and let Google bring me back here to where it's located. Google can find it much quicker than I can search for it on here.

Members online

No members online now.
Back