Gen 1 Headlight Project w/ HID install

Google search FTW.

pretty sure Martin's write up is gone. sad, but it is what it is.

Help with "Cataract Surgery"

Anybody out there done this refurb lately? Or if you have tried or have experience then I would be honored that you share your expertise/thoughts (besides buying a Gen II LSC! :D)
Thanks!

Anybody out there done this refurb lately? Or if you have tried or have experience then I would be honored that you share your expertise/thoughts (besides buying a Gen II LSC! :D)
Thanks!

Depends how much knowledge and pacience you have..if you think you can separate the lenses from the backs without messing them up then I'd say go for it. If its your daily driver then you may want to find a better set of lenses on ebay and get an aftermarket hid kit and gather all the stuff you need to put them in all at once so there's no down time. Refurbing the lights yourself may take some time and experimenting, I know I wouldn't want to try it on my only set of headlights, I'd buy a crappy set and practice on that first. Just my opinion. As for me, I just went balls out right after I bought it and dropped some money on LSC lenses and an hid kit rather then trying to screw with the stock headlights.

I have a really crappy set off a 94 and a much better set off a 95 to experiment with! I am gonna try the oven to separate, it not as noisy as the rotozip I have. It's too freakin cold outside in CLT tonight anyways. I have never smelled lexan at 400 F either! :eek: Thanks and for patience ...none whatsoever!

Members online

No members online now.
Back