Black Knight Rebuilt...Another $300 Progress Thread

It's been a while since I updated, but I've been steady working. Doing the stereo now. I always go with double din stereos. This question always comes up from time to time whether a double din will fit in a gen 2. It will with a bit of modification.

While the dash was out, this was the perfect time to run all my wires for my system. So once the dash was back in, everything is in it's place. As you can see, a double din will not fit.
102_0001.jpg

When I do double din installs in Marks, I use a double din cage. I am particular to Pioneer, so I always use Pioneer ADT-VA133. Here's the cage before the modification. I clearly does not fit. :cool:
102_0002.jpg

Next is to cut up to the bottom of where I have the marker. This will give the cage enough room to fit.
102_0003.jpg

Next, start making your cuts with the dremel.
102_0004.jpg

102_0005.jpg

102_0006.jpg

Once the cuts are made, this is what it will look like, and the cage will slide in and fit pretty snug.
102_0007.jpg

102_0009.jpg

I wont go into connections or anything like that, because if you are undertaking this mod, you should already know what you're doing. :rolleyes:
So anyway, when it's all said and done, this is what you'll have. a nicely fitted screen. Mine is Pioneer Z130BT.
102_0011.jpg

Nice write up looks very clean, wish I had a head unit like that.

Here are a few more interior pics. The interior is pretty much done now.
102_0014.jpg

102_0016.jpg

102_0017.jpg

102_0018.jpg

102_0021.jpg

Notice my sunroof switch. I put the microphone for my Bluetooth up there.
102_0024.jpg

It's been a while since I updated. Figured I'd post some more pics of what I've been up to. The car is back together, she's looking like she should. Today I had a little bit of body work done. The left quarter panel on the had a nasty dent on it.
IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

I wanted to get this fixed before I put the seats and side panels in. Now I prided myself on doing a lot of the work on my car, but some things had to be left to the professionals. This is one of those jobs. This is the first step in preparation of a full respray.
IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, taping it up like that would have created a hard line. Are there tape marks on it? Should have scuffed the whole quarter up, and then painted.

Hmm, taping it up like that would have created a hard line. Are there tape marks on it? Should have scuffed the whole quarter up, and then painted.

Dude, whole car will be painted in three months. I'm not worried about a line. I am more happy the dent was fixed. In two hours at that. :shifty:

This is an awesome thread to read through. I felt like a boss just doing the suspension conversion on my mark. Wouldn't know where to start with some of the stuff you've done here. Good job.

Dude, whole car will be painted in three months. I'm not worried about a line. I am more happy the dent was fixed. In two hours at that. :shifty:

Oh well, to each his own. Just trying to help, didn't know it was getting painted in 3 months.

GMAN, how is that headliner holding up? I had my headliner fall in my van a couple of years ago and I used the 3M spray adhesive (I think it was the 88), but it didn't hold very long. However, I think the foam base was falling apart in my case.

I hope your liner holds much better!

GMAN, how is that headliner holding up? I had my headliner fall in my van a couple of years ago and I used the 3M spray adhesive (I think it was the 88), but it didn't hold very long. However, I think the foam base was falling apart in my case.

I hope your liner holds much better!

The headliner is holding quite nicely. I sprayed both sides, and let it tack up for 30 minutes before I applied the fabric to the headliner.

That thing is going to look Sharp! I like that you removed the bumpers and trim to get a good paint job.

That thing is going to look Sharp! I like that you removed the bumpers and trim to get a good paint job.

Thanks Dan. I've been working on this for a while. I took every trim piece off because I wanted an excellent job. Now I have to find a new back glass.
IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

amazing paint job i really want a blk mark but idk on what to set a side for paint that looks that damn good

Thanks Dan. I've been working on this for a while. I took every trim piece off because I wanted an excellent job. Now I have to find a new back glass.
IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

Nice job, now sell me your rims lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back