Black Knight Rebuilt...Another $300 Progress Thread

Here's what the interior looks like. Driver's seat is pretty messed up, the seat trim is broken. So if anyone has a seat trim, please help a guy out. :shifty:
DSC02199.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

DSC02202.jpg

A lot of work needs to be done here too. I am planning some type of black/tan combo.

Greg, play it smart this time. Keep a fire extinguisher inside the car.

This really applies to every car on the road. I had my Saturn catch fire because the previous owner swapped a SOHC engine and left the DOHC fuel line laying across the EGR valve - at the time I didn't even know it was originally a DOHC car. Everybody on the road should have a fire extinguisher handy, even if your own car is perfect you could be the person who can save someone else from having their car burn or even save their life.

This really applies to every car on the road. I had my Saturn catch fire because the previous owner swapped a SOHC engine and left the DOHC fuel line laying across the EGR valve - at the time I didn't even know it was originally a DOHC car. Everybody on the road should have a fire extinguisher handy, even if your own car is perfect you could be the person who can save someone else from having their car burn or even save their life.

x2, I've had a smaller one in my last 2 car's. Ya never know what's going to happen.

Well, It looks like the passenger seat wont move forward. Does anyone have any ideas to either get it to move forward or get to the two nuts in the back?

I have gotten it to move by sitting in the back seat. I push the top part forward and put my feet on the bottom part and push it forward with my legs. Hope this helps!

Fire and theft lol

Just watched the gf drive away in it..first off what a badass looking car...second exhaust sounds great for 3rd cat delete hpipe and magnaflows...3rd if she crashes it I will cry like a little bitch

haha.

Didn't jack with the passenger seat today. I decided to replace the sunroof that didn't close with the one from my parts car.

Little by little. Lookin' better.

Working on pulling the dash from my parts car, because it looks better. I am thinking about a black and tan combo of some type. Either tan on the bottom part of the dash and nlackon the upper part, as well as black carpet, headliner, rear package shelf. Still trying to picture it.
cfd0a838.gif

On those seat bolts, I had the same problem with mine last year after the car got flooded up to the bottom of the door sills. The passenger seat switches shorted out and it went to the full rear (and reclined) position on its own and then blew its fuse. I ended up buying 13mm and 18mm wobble sockets for those nuts, which were expensive as hell. Nothing else would work for me though. With a long extension, I was able to get the outer one off, but it was right at the limit of how far the socket would bend. I tried the same on the inner one but the angle was too tight. With some help, I ended up unbolting the lower seat cushion from the track and lifting it up to get to that nut through the seat track, so the wobble socket probably wasn't necessary for it.

Today I put in the condensor, and radiator, and burped the system. I noticed that the idle stayed at 1100 the whole time and did not lower. Not stumble in the motor, just the high idle. Should I replace the IAC?

Finally got that seat out. I put a pry bar under the back and pushed up while pushing the seat slide button. Now everything is out. Next comes the dash.
8a19dfcf.jpg

Finished pulling out the dash. Notice the dash is complete with spedometer, radio and all the wires behind it are still intact. ;)
047a947b.jpg

This leaves a clean empty car with no wires hanging. Notice the coat hanger the previous owner had to move the broken blend door.
646728e2.jpg

9937f0ed.jpg

I got rid of the prairie tan carpet, and every trace of the tan. Cleaned all the trash and vacuumed all of the junk in all the nook and crannies. It's amazing what you find when you pull the carpet. Anyway it's all clean now. I used this time to put in the brand new blend door that came with the car, and run my amp wires.
101_0030.jpg

Now that everything is laid down, first thing to go in is the carpet. Just putting the carpet down, makes it look a lot different.
101_0031.jpg

Members online

Back