13.412 ! 96 MarkVIII THANKS HOTTIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rocket5979 said:
Well lets see here... Driller's best is a 13.5 and he has this as a performance modlist:

Pro-M 85mm MAF
K&N RU3480 Air Filter
Intake silencer/resonators removed
Meziere Electric Water Pump
Custom Intake Tube
1-2 Accumulator upgrade
B&M SuperCooler Transmission Cooler
SCT Performance Chip
MSD Superconductor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires
MotorCraft AWSF-22C Spark Plugs w/ modified 0.048" gap
HyperTech #1011 - 160 degree thermostat
DeMolet DenseCharger Cold Air Intake
Cam Shim
1996 EATC(Electronic Air Temperature Control)
LMS Pro Billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Fuel Pressure Gauge
FRPP(Ford Racing Performance Products)4.10 ratio Ring & Pinion
FRPP Traction Lock
HydroTex MultiFilm 80W-140 HyDiamond Gear Oil
Muscle Products MT-10 Metal Treatment
Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
LMS PROPOLY polyurethane carrier bushing kit
ART(Accelerated Racing Technology) Cat-Back 2-1/2" Single-X Dual Exhaust
DynoMax UltraFlow Mufflers
DynoTech Engineering Metal Matrix Composite Aluminum Driveshaft
Baumann Engineering RK-AODE Shift Kit
2-3 Accumulator upgrade
Sensor Lowered Air Suspension w/ Spyder Valve
26x9.50-16 Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. Drag Tires
PA Performance 4G Cobra 160 Amp Alternator
Performance Distributors Screamin' Demon Coil Packs
Steeda UnderDrive Crank Pulley
SCT DynoTune
Kooks 3/4 Length Jet-Hot coated Headers
SCP Solid Motor Mounts

Yeah, something doesn't add up when comparing a Mark with only a few hundred in mods running a faster time than a MUCH MUCH more modded Mark. I believe Driller's times, especially based upon his modlist. Msm8's seems a little off, to put it in a nice way.
Why does it seem a little off to you, like i said if conditions are right Debi's time can happen and did happen. Proof has been posted and she has witnesses to prove it, what more proof do you need.

Oh man.....ok....seeing drillers time (driller is my hero, I am his #1 groupie, his A1 fan) and his mods.....no one...NO ONE ELSE could have convinced me there MAY have been an error, hummm only with my 1 run out of 9,.... and the other 100 or so drivers got correct readings all night.....my bubble just popped and all I have is a worthless piece of paper.

NOT!!!!!! I don't care, I'm framing IT!!!!!!

Oh it was a "Compulink Autostart" I know I will call Ed, he runs there all the time - I will let you know what he says, and his bud Mike too!

brb ;)

Debi, you don't have to prove anything to anyone, you have the proof and witneess's that's all you need HOTTIE :)

yeah, shes got some steep gears in there too, 4.10's or 4.30's. i was talkin to her and figgure it to be that. so....HIGH F'n FIVE to you deb! i want to do that now :(

Either you don't really know what has been put into that car, or that timeslip is 100% bullsh!t top to bottom.

13.4 @ 105 in a Mark VIII? With those mods? LOL!

A 98 Cobra would just eek off that time with similar mods. :rolleyes:

Funny how we have yet to hear from your witnesses or see any proof that timeslip didn't come from a WRX STi. These tricks are best played on people who have never been to the track. This is the wrong place for these games.

Dominus said:
Either you don't really know what has been put into that car, or that timeslip is 100% bullsh!t top to bottom.

13.4 @ 105 in a Mark VIII? With those mods? LOL!

A 98 Cobra would just eek off that time with similar mods. :rolleyes:

Funny how we have yet to hear from your witnesses or see any proof that timeslip didn't come from a WRX STi. These tricks are best played on people who have never been to the track. This is the wrong place for these games.
Dominus, no one is playing games here.

pepperman said:
Why does it seem a little off to you, like i said if conditions are right Debi's time can happen and did happen. Proof has been posted and she has witnesses to prove it, what more proof do you need.

Pepperman I hate to get personal with you, but you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground if you truly think that mere CONDITIONS can cause a friggin 2+ second drop in ET with a gain of 10 MPH TRAP SPEED!!! HOW CAN I CONVEY TO YOU HOW MUCH OF A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE THAT IS!!!??? I have been dragracing for years now. I have built racecars before and am buiding another as we speak. Well, two to be exact. I know my sh1t, just as some others on here do too. Bottom line is that Deb's Mk8 with the mods posted that she has and a 100 mph tailwind could still not have done that ET and MPH. If you actually raced more you would realize just how GARGANTUAN of a difference 10 MPH in trap speed really is.

I am not calling Deb anything, but something is most definately awry with that slip.

MsM8tress said:
...driller is my hero, I am his #1 groupie, his A1 fan...

:tmi:

MsM8tress said:
...Here is the whole run:
R/T - .596
60' - 1.959
330 - 5.683
1/8 - 8.682
MPH - 82.73
1000 - 11.226
1/4 - 13.412
MPH - 104.98
got in 7 runs, yes some really sucked! I red lighted (-.175), then my worst launch w/o rl'n was .627, and my slowest 60' speed 2.433, and ugliest 1/4 was 15.731. ...

It may help explain a lot posting all 7 runs? Reaction times varying from -0.175 to 0.627 is one thing but what were the sixty foots? The 1/8 mile numbers? The 1/4 mile averages? Even with my best of 13.54 I averaged 13.6x in a dozen runs that day. Oh, and the density altitude for THAT day was over minus 800 feet.

Now being a novice, I would say my biggest problem is the 105 MPH trap speed. After that the ETs and of course the 1.9 sixty foot. All in all I find it quite an anomaly. I don't mean to imply anything, but those times almost seem plausible for a Mark VIII with about a 75 shot of nitrous?

I think "Compulink AutoStart" is simply the name of the timing system and the "AutoStart" simply means the computer starts the race once both lanes are staged instead of a manual start by human intervention.

BTW Rocket, I'd be the first to tell you my car is SLOW for the mods and work I have done.

Rocket, everything is cool , i was so happy for Debi doing good at the track.

driller said:
BTW Rocket, I'd be the first to tell you my car is SLOW for the mods and work I have done.

I know, but I was using it as a point of reference to let everyone gain a little more perspective on what it takes to get to that area of ET's and MPH. Even then her slip still had additional 4.5 MPH in it. That is HUGE in itself! hehe.

Now that I look at it closer, that slip very closely resembles a mildly modded AWD turbo 4 banger (EVO, WRX) run with the low 60', ET, and high MPH.

Rocket, Pepp just knows I wouldn't be playing with yall. Might I impose on your expertise to tell me what happend? I'm not a liar, not playing games it was my lane, my car, my number, and that is the slip the lady handed me, I have not tampered with it in any way. Now, are your telling me the computer was wrong on my run, 1 out of hundreds that day and evening (the Gahanna police dept. was running on the track all day)? I can even accept that, that would mean it's a fluke?

DOMINUS! You are off, way off, Im so insulted I'm ignoring your assanine comment.

The guy who owens the red Mark VII, Terry, and commented to me on making the 13.412, well as far as him not loggin in, after reading some of these comments, I'm thinking I shouldn't have either. I'm ashamed! What a lovely thing for someone to read after I just finished tellin him how great you guys are.

Hotties, I really appreciate all your info and help in figuring this out, however, if you can't be productive in getting to what happened, either the slip is right and I did run it, there has been an error in the "Compulink Startrak" timing the track uses, or there is another legitimate explaination, then don't bother posting, k Hotties.

Now, I've got some keying to do.

SMOOCHES,
Debi

Debi.... We have met I know you a bit. GO Girl LOL Maybe someday I will run Mark down the track... You can teach me ... Like I said before years ago I use to street race.:D :D

driller, I will post them all tomorrow, it's after 1:00 and it will take a minute, so I will get em for ya tomorrow Hun.

Im curious as heck now. I realize crap happens, has anyone else had a wrong time slip? This particuar run was very different from all the others, like I said, someone blasted oil so we sat for an hour while the strip guys cleaned the track, my engine was stone cold and for the first time the track was clean and dry, I was about the 4-5 run on the clean track and my best side, the right one ;)

I don't know how the slip could be wrong I called Ed, he lives at the trails and races two cars, both worth about 75,000. He also has race boat and races it and has even made a few mags. He said he has never heard of it being wrong, but my time does sound unusaul. I am going to meet with him and like driller said, he and I will over them to get the whole picture.

Oh Ed told me why I got yelled at by the lady at the end when we turn in to get our slip, I didn't have a helmet on. I thought at the time, why the heck is she yellin at me!?! Ed said if you go over 100mph you are required to wear one.

I know the track will not say it was wrong. So how can I find out?

SMOOCHES
Debi

MrWilson said:
yeah, shes got some steep gears in there too, 4.10's or 4.30's. i was talkin to her and figgure it to be that. so....HIGH F'n FIVE to you deb! i want to do that now :(

Thanks Hottie ;)
Smooch

It is your timeslip that is way off and assinine, but insults are a great position to take for somebody without a leg to stand on.

Dominus said:
It is your timeslip that is way off and assinine, but insults are a great position to take for somebody without a leg to stand on.

They are also a great way to source rude, immature persons who lack substance and credibility of their own, at the expense of those who stand head and shoulders above them.

Fellas, in the end, the Lady ran what she ran. The slip shows what it shows. This experience is Debi's to have forever and it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China or what anyone else has ran, or is going too.

I know what you are sayin' don't mean nuthin' to you, much like calling a guy a dirty rat bastard, piece of sh!t and not mean it in a bad way. However the Lady clearly doesn't take the words lightly.

Should a return post state something to the affect of: should'nt post sh!t without expecting some sh!t back is entirely juvenile and respecting each other is not much to ask for amoung adults.

torquemonkey said:
They are also a great way to source rude, immature persons who lack substance and credibility of their own, at the expense of those who stand head and shoulders above them.

Fellas, in the end, the Lady ran what she ran. The slip shows what it shows. This experience is Debi's to have forever and it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China or what anyone else has ran, or is going too.

I know what you are sayin' don't mean nuthin' to you, much like calling a guy a dirty rat bastard, piece of sh!t and not mean it in a bad way. However the Lady clearly doesn't take the words lightly.

Should a return post state something to the affect of: should'nt post sh!t without expecting some sh!t back is entirely juvenile and respecting each other is not much to ask for amoung adults.
:I :iconcur: torquemonkey i couldn't have said it better myself!!!

mark0101 said:
Does anyone know what she should run with those mods?

A chip, shift kit and exhaust? I can only relate to my times early on running my '93 with pretty much just a chip, gears and exhaust. With similar density altitude, about a 14.5-14.6 @ 94-95 mph. Give a couple tenths and maybe 1 mph for my car or track being slower and her car or track being faster?

MsM8tress said:
I know the track will not say it was wrong. So how can I find out?

Any track I've been to will admit their timing equipment is not infallible. Usually any errors are so blatantly obvious, there is no doubt to the seasoned observer. I've probably personally witnessed a couple each season. This spring at a test and tune, I ran alongside a Pro Street competitor who was enraged he didn't get any time listed on the slips for our run. His side of the timeslip was totally blank! I have seen quite a few obvious errors in short times as well resulting in skewed ETs. And you're right in observing there were hundreds others that were 'correct', so it would suck that the YOU of all people would have one with an error.

I'll be honest in any critiquing of the time slips anyone posts. I don't consider myself an expert veteran drag racer, just a fellow Mark VIII enthusiast with spreadsheets of hundreds of track runs I have on my own car.

In the end, it's what you and your car consistently runs - any day, any weather at any track against any competitor.

Personally, I think you need to bring that car out to St. Louis May 18-21 for the 2006 World Ford Challenge and see what it runs there!

torquemonkey said:

So then she must be God to break the laws of physics? LOL

Nobody said anything among these lines.

You plain and simply can't post BS and expect it to be believed.

MsM8tress said:
Rocket, Pepp just knows I wouldn't be playing with yall. Might I impose on your expertise to tell me what happend? I'm not a liar, not playing games it was my lane, my car, my number, and that is the slip the lady handed me, I have not tampered with it in any way. Now, are your telling me the computer was wrong on my run, 1 out of hundreds that day and evening (the Gahanna police dept. was running on the track all day)? I can even accept that, that would mean it's a fluke?

DOMINUS! You are off, way off, Im so insulted I'm ignoring your assanine comment.

The guy who owens the red Mark VII, Terry, and commented to me on making the 13.412, well as far as him not loggin in, after reading some of these comments, I'm thinking I shouldn't have either. I'm ashamed! What a lovely thing for someone to read after I just finished tellin him how great you guys are.

Hotties, I really appreciate all your info and help in figuring this out, however, if you can't be productive in getting to what happened, either the slip is right and I did run it, there has been an error in the "Compulink Startrak" timing the track uses, or there is another legitimate explaination, then don't bother posting, k Hotties.

Now, I've got some keying to do.

SMOOCHES,
Debi

Deb, what would better help us determine exactly what was the case, we need to see your other time slips from that night. Only then can we analyze and compare to help you better understand the differences.

I don't like to pee in anyones Cheerios here, but with your mods that time and trap speed just arent right. It sucks bad enough when you believe something that is false for a day or two. It sucks even more when you go to the track the next time and actually expect to run that same time and then fall really short. I just dont want you to set yourself up for disappointment is all.

These people like torquemonkey and pepper, while they mean good, are doing you a disservice by hyping you up and continuin to let you believe that your slip wasn't a mistake. Like Driller said, those people at the track running those clocks aren't exactly genuises. Your run looks a lot more like a turbo AWD 4 banger run than anything. It could have been something as simple as them inputting your number in to the computer wrong and then the printer would spit out the other guys time for you and so forth. It happened to me before.

Maybe when Debi post all the time slips from the track on friday this can all be sorted out. I know Debi would not post anything that she believed wasn't true. If the track does have faulty equipment they need to replace it, so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back