13.412 ! 96 MarkVIII THANKS HOTTIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops. Didn't mean to start a sh!tstorm. :eek:

You can go on any site that has a calculator and figure out what the weight and horsepower would need to be to trap that speed.:cool:

Nobody is calling Deb (my secret sweetie) anything. Things happen at the track all the time.:confused:

Can a basically stock mark with a chip and exhaust run a 105?:shifty: Not any stock Mark I have driven in. If physics would indicate it is possible, great.

What we all want is to know what it takes to do what.

Telling a kid that comes on the site that all he needs is a chip and exhaust and he can run mid-13's leaves all of us up to criticism. He'll point to this site to diss his friends, people will log on and look at this thread and then what? I don't want our site to wind up on some rice sites with them calling us out.

If we stick to the facts, we'll all be fine.

BTW. No flaming.:mad: Please. Have fun with the topic but no name calling or any of that crapola.

And, if Ms.' car does run that, the check is in the mail. Just name the price.:)

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
How about this.

Do it again!

Oh, you know I will continue to put my boy to the test as long as I can! How many times do you get to run on a clean dry track with a stone cold engine? There will be another opportunity, I will make sure! ;)

Dom, you are one confused Hottie. I know what the slip says, I know I drove down the track, I know the slip I have is the one handed to me from the track staff, unaltered and it remains unaltered. Like I said, if it is an error, it's an error. I'm not eleminating that possibility and saying that all the comments are wrong, I will be at the Carsile (sp?) show this June, why don't you come down to the track that Scott mentioned and see whats up, (only if you promise to be nice)?

Well Hotties here you go, here are all the lips and one from the 4 I ran last wednesday also:

OK HOTTIES, I got em all in there were 9 total, but 2 I knew I screwed up, so I don't count those. Yup some are pretty crappy, some are ok.

1- right lane
time 6:01pm
R/T .108
60' 2.401
330 6.589
1/8 9.991
MPH 72..95
1000 12.859
1/4 15.269
MPH 93.27
Left 1st 1.6261

2- left lane
time 6:30pm
R/T -.175
60' 2.345
330 6.620
1/8 10.075
MPH 71.72
1000 12.992
1/4 15.434
MPH 92.06
Right 1st .6146

3 Right lane
time 7:47pm
R/T .345
60' 2.375
330 6.592
1/8 10.008
MPH 72.68
1000 12.887
1/4 15.300
MPH 93.12
Left 1st .2452

4 Left lane
time 8:30pm
R/T .247
60' 2.368
330 6.673
1/8 10.157
MPH 71.25
1000 13.090
1/4 15.544
MPH 91.73
Left 1st 3.0285

5 right lane
time 9:08pm
R/T .627
60' 2.433
330 6.782
1/8 10.296
MPH 70.59
1000 13.255
1/4 15.731
MPH 90.91
left 1st .6852

6 left lane
time 9:34pm
R/T 367
60' 2.334
330 6.655
1/8 10.160
MPH 70.80
1000 13.114
1/4 15.589
MPH 90.90
Left 1st .0535

7 Right lane
time 9:48pm
R/T -.055
60' 2.441
330 6.750
1/8 10.221
MPH 71.49
1000 13.146
1/4 15.596
MPH 91.76
Left 1st..9462

8 Right lane
time - 10:40
R/T .596
60' 1.959
330 5.683
1/8 8.682
MPH 82.73
1000 11.226
1/4 13.412
MPH 104.98
Right 1st 1.6230

9 left lane
time 10:46
R/T .225
60' 2.370
330 6.639
1/8 10.106
MPH 71.56
1000 13.029
1/4 15.479
MPH 91.78
Left 1st 3.1961

Like I said, we had sat for an hour while they cleaned the track, it was nice, dry and clean and my car was stone cold ;), I was in the right lane and was able to avoid all the water.

I am not consistent at all! I kept trying different things to see how he would do, like not mashing it, getting wet then burning or getting on a little wet and burning, burning dry..etc, then Phil explained to me how you can "stay shallow" on the 2nd light, also I kept changing lanes to get used to both.

Wednesday's 4 runs I was all over the numbers too but this was my best out of 4.
7:07 pm
Right lane
R/T .248
60 2.451
330 6.985
1/8 10.623
MPH 68.14
1000 13.681
1/4 16.224
mph 88.97

There ya have it Hotties!

THANKS!!!! I really want to know,

Yeah, im sorry to say, there has got to be something wrong with that 13 sec time hun. Your not even close to that on any other run. It doesnt make sense. Its too big of a difference from all the others. You also shouldnt be running the 16s. You should be around low 14s I would guess.

Oh, and whoever thinks MsM8tress is posting BS, she isnt. She is posting honestly. I know this woman, and she wouldnt post BS intentionally. She isnt experienced at the track, and wouldnt know how to fake all the numbers.

So keep your posts worded as if she is posting honestly, because I assure you, she is.

That looks like a whole lot of fun to me, and a clean dry track with a stone cold engine is what made the difference in run #8, thats what i believe, you did good Debi no matter what happens and your times will only get better. I hope to have as much fun when i get my Mark VIII. Rocket , driller , i look forward to getting your advice when the time comes.

Joeychgo said:
Yeah, im sorry to say, there has got to be something wrong with that 13 sec time hun. Your not even close to that on any other run. It doesnt make sense. Its too big of a difference from all the others. You also shouldnt be running the 16s. You should be around low 14s I would guess.

Oh, and whoever thinks MsM8tress is posting BS, she isnt. She is posting honestly. I know this woman, and she wouldnt post BS intentionally. She isnt experienced at the track, and wouldnt know how to fake all the numbers.

So keep your posts worded as if she is posting honestly, because I assure you, she is.
Well said Godfather. :cool:

All look right except the 13.4. You can see the 60' and the ET are true to each other for the most part, the same car. The high 15 and 16 were bad runs, but the same car. Practice on the launch and it'll break the 15 with maybe a 14.8 with all conditions good. I'm sorry the 13.4 just don't fit the rest.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
All look right except the 13.4. You can see the 60' and the ET are true to each other for the most part, the same car. The high 15 and 16 were bad runs, but the same car. Practice on the launch and it'll break the 15 with maybe a 14.8 with all conditions good. I'm sorry the 13.4 just don't fit the rest.
What would explain that faulty track equipment, and if it's not faulty track equipment then what, all the runs look good Debi. :)

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
The Mark7 in the other lane ran a 18.376, isn't that about 2 secs to high?

What MarkVII? The Mark VII was not racing sorry to confuse you. I saw the Mark VII parked while I was in line waiting. I knew if I stood around it long enough the owner would pop up and sure enough after 2-3 minutes of looking it over, there he was ;) Man that MarkVII was hot!

I want to go today, but I know the track will be packed, and it won't be dry or clean! I might just to tell Phil (the guy who works there who kinda took me under his wing) the reaction I'm getting with the tracks slip!

SMOOCHES hun,
MsM8

MonsterMark said:
....Nobody is calling Deb (my secret sweetie) anything. Things happen at the track all the time.:confused:

What we all want is to know what it takes to do what.:)

Awhhh I'm blushing ;) but your dead right about what it takes to do it! Do you think I can ask them to clean my side each time before I run...and maybe not to hose it down? While I'm at it, I'll have them get something to control the track temp too! heheheh lolol hehehe!

SMOOCHES Hottie!

MsM8

Joeychgo said:

SMOOCH! heheh but cha know what, I ran it, I got the slip heheh wrong or not! It's still cool as all get out! I'll make sure to bring it to Phili ;)

Thank you Big Daddy ;) even for the part about me being trackdumb ;) (itz true...;) but no worries, I'll keep learning and make ya proud! hehehe!

SMOOCHES!!!
MsM8

Big Daddy, SMOOCH! heheh but cha know what, I ran it, I got the slip heheh wrong or not! It's still cool as all get out! I'll make sure to bring it to Phili ;)

Thank you Big Daddy ;) even for the part about me being trackdumb ;) (itz true...;) but no worries, I'll keep learning and make ya proud! hehehe!

SMOOCHES!!!
MsM8

MonsterMark said:
Ooops. Didn't mean to start a sh!tstorm. :eek:
:)

Now if there is any BS in this thread it right here LOL Bryan not meaning to start at Sh!tstorm LOL.... You live for them good Friend...

As I posted in the other thread... I am happy for Debi and her thrill of that race. We will find out later if it was error, fluke, or Debi typical luck.... Because I know she'll be back at the track to try again... Have fun Debi.

Please don't Diss Debi!! I know Debi very well also and one thing Debi will not do is try to BS about what she has done. Debi is very honest and a great member of this Forum...

This was her second time racing at the track... any rookie to the track would be creaming their shorts to have gotten that slip.... And excited to post it hear. What Debi didn't expect that members would be slamming her for posting what she felt was the contribution of many members who gave her pointers to improve on her time.

Her she thought that she was giving the site and members a big hurrah and thanks... to her coaches... Instead she's been given crap by some...

There is nothing wrong with going over the times. We all know that that time was amazing and most of us are questioning it's possibilities.... Our experienced racing members have stated their expertise and opinions...

And I'm sure Debi has taken it all with respenct... but let's not turn this site in to a typical Ricer site... We respect all on this site even if we don't agree with them. We don't act childish with name calling (except in the political forum).

Debi I happy you had fun at the track.... Those who have posted thanks for your input and helping us understand what can happen at the track and for explaining what is possible and not possible... I do understand physics... and the fact that the probability of a 4000 lb car running that time with the set up it claims not probable... but there is that chance of some variable we don't know but highly doubtful.

What matters is let's have fun!!!

MeSpocks quote .."but there is that chance of some variable we don't know....."

I know what the variable is, I got lots of Angels...and they all drive Lincolns!

SMOOCHES!!!!

MsM8

MsM8tress said:
MeSpocks quote .."but there is that chance of some variable we don't know....."

I know what the variable is, I got lots of Angels...and they all drive Lincolns!

SMOOCHES!!!!

MsM8
You probably had your guardian angel riding shotgun next to you in Tux when you went down the track, and that is a cool thing to have. :cool:

We'll I've looked at the times, and I have good news and bad news.

The bad news... the 13.4 run was a fluke.

The good news... you're not as inconsistent as you thought except for your reaction times which will only get better with practice.

Look at the numbers attached...

With the 13.4 run averaged in, your standard deviation for the most part is too high. Look at the averages and standard deviation WITHOUT the 13.4 run. Much more TYPICAL standard deviations without the 13.4 run.

More to come...

debtimes1.jpg

debtimes2.jpg

Debi , still did very good even without the 13.4 time, with more track time and more mods to her car, i have every confidence that she will be able to hit that 13.4 time again someday. Debi is really getting into racing her car. :)

mespock said:
There is nothing wrong with going over the times. We all know that that time was amazing and most of us are questioning it's possibilities.... Our experienced racing members have stated their expertise and opinions...

And if this was the movie "Bruce Almighty" I'd probably have a monkey crawling out of my butt right now.;)

I think Deb is a good person also. However, I like to deal in reality.

Take a look at her other runs. Divine intervention or whatever, that car didn't suddenly decide to run 12-15 mph faster.

Nothing personal. Just stating the obvious. People that come to this site deserve good info. That is all it is about. Good info. Unfortunately, this thread is not good info.

Continuing on...

Look at the graphs below and notive the unusually large 'spike' indicating the data from the 13.4 run. I have added a red circle indicating the data from the 13.4 run and a black line to indicate what the graph would appear as without the said run. Pictures speak a 1000 words, and graphs are very good at displaying numbers as pictures.

It becomes quite clear that for whatever reason, the 13.4 run does not fit the expected profile. In statistics, what generally happens is the standard deviation for a population is utilized to select and 'throw out' data that 'does not fit'. Similar to the often heard phrase, "throw out the best and the worst" when analyzing data for any trend.

deb60ft.jpg

deb330ft.jpg

debeighthET.jpg

debeighthmph.jpg

debquarterET.jpg

debquarterMPH.jpg

Now, let's honestly critique the results given. :)

Start with the Reaction Time. It cannot be stressed enough... practice, practice, practice. Your eye/mind/body reaction time can be trained but you have to learn your car's reaction time. Most Mark VIII racers will tell you to launch when you "see" the last yellow. Monitor your reaction time and once it is consistent start to hone it down by recognizing your car's reaction time. Let's sat you are fairly consistent between 0.1 and 0.2 seconds. DO NOT try to leave "quicker" by guessing when you see the last yellow and beating it by 0.1 or 0.2 seconds.

If you are consistently in sync, the last thing you want to do is retrain yourself. Get better reaction times by adjusting your 'position in the box'. If you are doing everything the same you should always be in the same position at the tree. You approach the lights, light up the pre-stage light then slowly advance until the 2nd stage light is lit. You are now "in the box", ready to launch. But if you are 0.1 to 0.2 or more in your reaction time, you can nudge forward and be closer to the finish line but still keep the stage light lit. But remember to be methodical and consistent in doing so. You want to nudge ahead the same every time. Now your reaction times should be lower, proportionate to the distance you have moved in the box. This is called staging deeper. Stage too deep however and you will either "deep stage"(the 2nd stage light goes out - usually not allowed) or you will "redlight" at the launch.

Practice is the key. Too bad in today's crowded tracks, novices have a difficult time getting enough practice time. But rest assured your reaction times CAN and WILL get better.

That is a good critique driller and very good advice, Debi will appreciate the good advice. :cool:

Now let's look at the sixty foot times.

You averaged 2.383 with a standard deviation of 0.039 seconds and a high of 2.441and a low of 2.334.

THAT is consistent, but consistently high. Lots of variables come into play here, the most important is obviously traction but also important is the launch of your car. If you spin, you loose time, simple. So the obvious answer is not to spin. Traction lock differentials are not standard on any Mark VIII and without such you most likely will have the infamous "one-wheel peel" where one tire simply spins. IMHO some type of limited slip differential is a necessity for any successful sixty foot times to be had.

Tires and the track preparation play a huge role as well. If you have street tires, you usually only want to spin the tires in the burnout enough to clean them or dry them if you had to pull through the water box. Drag radials usually "like it hot"(though don't do too long of a burnout). Also you basically want to adjust your tire pressures for better traction and watch your sixty foot times for the best results. Different tracks on different days will require different tire pressures.

If you have done everything you can do and are still spinning, you need to alter your launch technique. Instead of simply mashing the go peddle, you want to deliberately roll into the throttle taking a full 1/2 second or more to have it matted.

Long story short, the first 60 feet of your race determines how good a run it will be. Most people will tell you a tenth in the sixty foot is worth TWO tenths or more in the quarter mile ET.

deb60ft.jpg

Your 1/8th mile times.

You averaged 10.127 @ 71.630 with a high of 10.296 @ 70.59 and a low of 9.991 @ 72.95. You varied by ONLY 0.104 seconds and 0.827 MPH(standard deviation)!

Your 1/4 mile times.

You averaged 15.493 @ 91.941 with a high of 15.731 @ 90.9 and a low of 15.269 @ 93.27. You varied by 0.156 seconds and 0.880 MPH(standard deviation).

While obviously you'd like to see quicker times and higher MPH, you can tell your car is very consistent. Once past the 60 foot mark in a Mark VIII, the car takes over as all you have to do is keep the throttle wide open and steer straight. :D

Class dismissed. Your homework assignment is practice your Reaction Times and work on your sixty foot. Be sure to study as there WILL be a pop quiz! ;)

Driller, you should write a how to book on track preperation, very good advice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back