13.412 ! 96 MarkVIII THANKS HOTTIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driller,

Thank you for the scientific approach. Posting both numerical and graphical documentation to prove your point. Tips, hints and techniques for rookies to practice and take to heart. I tip my hat to you Sir you are one class act.

For those interested, here is a link to horsepower and ET calculators:
http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm

torquemonkey said:
Driller,

Thank you for the scientific approach. Posting both numerical and graphical documentation to prove your point. Tips, hints and techniques for rookies to practice and take to heart. I tip my hat to you Sir you are one class act.

For those interested, here is a link to horsepower and ET calculators:
http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm
:I with torquemonkey. Driller that could be the title to that how to book. :D

rocket5979 said:
I don't like to pee in anyones Cheerios here, but with your mods that time and trap speed just arent right. It sucks bad enough when you believe something that is false for a day or two. It sucks even more when you go to the track the next time and actually expect to run that same time and then fall really short. I just dont want you to set yourself up for disappointment is all.

And that sentiment is exactly my motivation as well.

MsM8tress said:
What MarkVII? The Mark VII was not racing sorry to confuse you. I saw the Mark VII parked while I was in line waiting. I knew if I stood around it long enough the owner would pop up and sure enough after 2-3 minutes of looking it over, there he was ;) Man that MarkVII was hot!

I want to go today, but I know the track will be packed, and it won't be dry or clean! I might just to tell Phil (the guy who works there who kinda took me under his wing) the reaction I'm getting with the tracks slip!

SMOOCHES hun,
MsM8

When you come to Cecil we will sort it out. They use more VHT on TNT days than anywhere I have ever seen. There are so many very fast cars running that they keep it prepped like a race day, and the actual elevation is only a few hundred feet above sea level.

pepperman said:
Driller that could be the title to that how to book. :D

Couldn't resist. :lol:

DragRacingForDummies.jpg

driller said:
Class dismissed. Your homework assignment is practice your Reaction Times and work on your sixty foot. Be sure to study as there WILL be a pop quiz! ;)

I'm glad you posted the graphs and all that to properly compare those slips. I would have been WAY too lazy to do that! :D

pepperman said:
Scott, what are VHT and TNT days?

Let me be more specific in my laziness, VHT trackbite. It's a traction compound that they spray on the track to aid in traction. TNT= Test and Tune.
Cecil doesn't have as good facilities as 131 Motorsports or Rockingham, but they have the best prepped track I have seen.

i'm really confused as to why there was so much confusion about this....the ET was obviously not from her car, and there are so many reasons that could have happened....I've gotten several "wrong" timeslips at the track, be they wrong times, MPH that couldn't possibly have matched my ET, or a completely wrong slip alltogether with another car's number, or my number and the car behind me's times, etc....happens regularly! So much drama for such a simple issue!

Yes it does happen, I got a mid 9 second slip at 145+ at 131 Motorsports Park in Martin, MI. This was after their $20,000,000 upgrade.

Thanks for the nice definitions driller. Alot of us look at the numbers and see the obvious, you spelled it out nicely. My LSE I can almost predict my 1/4 time by looking at the 60'. I can actually almost gauge my time by looking at my speedo as I cross the line also. You regular racers know what I mean. If you stick it, and cross the line fast, you may have your new best. If you don't do neither, its just another pass, hopefully you learned something on it.

scott9050 said:
Yes it does happen, I got a mid 9 second slip at 145+ at 131 Motorsports Park in Martin, MI. This was after their $20,000,000 upgrade.

See how good upgrades on the track can help your cars performance!
lololol

HOTTIES I LOVE YA ALL!

DRILLER - WOW! you are all I know you are! I think I am going to study this for a while. That is awesome driller! This is like Christmas! I'm on it driller, homework assignment taken and will be ready for quiz!! I can't say thank you enough for all the work you have done! WOW!!!!! That was totally worth all the flack I've been getting. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!SMOOCH!!!!!!

Pepp - your too sweet HOTTIE - SMOOCH!!!!

Scott - I can't wait! One q thought, can I get the wrong run time, and or wrong number when not only Terry told me that I he saw the clock in my lane read 13.421, but the guys in the booth were so impressed with it they called Brian (he works in the middle of the track) at home at 11:00 that night and told him about it? He told me today when I went and showed him that I finally got my Mark on the track. I had no idea they called him!

Brian - no smooches for you...I'm too busy looking at this REAL slip I got when I REALLY drove my MarkVIII down the track, and ya know HOTTIES. i REALLY believe that I did.

It was the 2nd oil slick of the night, they really cleaned that track down and stickied it up good, nice cool breeze going, I was the 4-5 run down it, my engine was stone cold, had less than 1/4 tank, I had taken out any wieight and I was finally getting the hang of not squeeling off the launch. I don't know if I will ever get those conditions again, but ya know, I probably will.....so get your key boards tuned up boys ;)

Like I have been saying, I really really do have to work on my launches, I could tell from my slips I was all over the chart on everything!

But HOTTIES, out of all this wonderful info and analysis, I still have not gotten an answer to the most important question!!!!! What should I do for my boy AFTER I run him like he likes to be run ;) hehe (breakfast in bed is all I know?! lololol).

I LOVE LVC's HOTTIES, SMOOCHES HOTTIES!!!! (cept Brian, he gets a PECK!)!! ?

MsM8

scott9050 said:
Let me be more specific in my laziness, VHT trackbite. It's a traction compound that they spray on the track to aid in traction. TNT= Test and Tune.
Cecil doesn't have as good facilities as 131 Motorsports or Rockingham, but they have the best prepped track I have seen.
Thanks Scott for the info. :cool:

MsM8tress said:
See how good upgrades on the track can help your cars performance!
lololol

HOTTIES I LOVE YA ALL!

DRILLER - WOW! you are all I know you are! I think I am going to study this for a while. That is awesome driller! This is like Christmas! I'm on it driller, homework assignment taken and will be ready for quiz!! I can't say thank you enough for all the work you have done! WOW!!!!! That was totally worth all the flack I've been getting. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!SMOOCH!!!!!!

Pepp - your too sweet HOTTIE - SMOOCH!!!!

Scott - I can't wait! One q thought, can I get the wrong run time, and or wrong number when not only Terry told me that I he saw the clock in my lane read 13.421, but the guys in the booth were so impressed with it they called Brian (he works in the middle of the track) at home at 11:00 that night and told him about it? He told me today when I went and showed him that I finally got my Mark on the track. I had no idea they called him!

Brian - no smooches for you...I'm too busy looking at this REAL slip I got when I REALLY drove my MarkVIII down the track, and ya know HOTTIES. i REALLY believe that I did.

It was the 2nd oil slick of the night, they really cleaned that track down and stickied it up good, nice cool breeze going, I was the 4-5 run down it, my engine was stone cold, had less than 1/4 tank, I had taken out any wieight and I was finally getting the hang of not squeeling off the launch. I don't know if I will ever get those conditions again, but ya know, I probably will.....so get your key boards tuned up boys ;)

Like I have been saying, I really really do have to work on my launches, I could tell from my slips I was all over the chart on everything!

But HOTTIES, out of all this wonderful info and analysis, I still have not gotten an answer to the most important question!!!!! What should I do for my boy AFTER I run him like he likes to be run ;) hehe (breakfast in bed is all I know?! lololol).

I LOVE LVC's HOTTIES, SMOOCHES HOTTIES!!!! (cept Brian, he gets a PECK!)!! ?

MsM8

Debi you could give TUX a body rub and massage ;)

MsM8tress said:

And that's the problem sweetie. Some of us (including Driller) are trying very hard to let you know that it didn't happen. We explained WHY it COULDN'T have happened. No DRIVER in the whole wide world could have done it. Get it?

What can I say? Sometimes the messenger gets shot.:rolleyes:

Their site says this about may 5th:

BLITZ FRIDAY NIGHT STREET FIGHTS / NHRA STREET LEGAL

I want to see the car number on Debi's other slips. My guess is that they used a different numbers system for competitors and regular TNT people.

I'll be honest, this thread has gotten on my nerves. Its mainly because of the know it all attitudes. I'll probably get ripped for this post but I don't care. I'm having a bad day so you guys can be blessed by my presence! First off, theory is never reality. Just because it should happen a certain doesn't mean it will. For those of you saying that because you have this and that mod you should have this particular time, realize that you can't add numbers and never know how things react to each other until you try them out. To top it off, cars react different. I know some cars......Joey's cough, cough, that are just mean bone stock, compared to any other stock marks. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I'm also saying that you shouldn't be telling anyone if they are right or wrong either. Damn it! I need a beer! :drunk:

Btw, Driller you have too much time on your hands! Where the hell did you get all that info.........I need to take the time out to read it! :D

Jibit said:
Btw, Driller you have too much time on your hands! Where the hell did you get all that info.........I need to take the time out to read it! :D

You should see me analyzing my own time slips. :burnout:

I vaguely remember somthing about this condition from my electro-shock therapy sessions... I think it's called chronic compulsive obsessiveness... or something like that. :runaway:

driller said:
I vaguely remember somthing about this condition from my electro-shock therapy sessions...

that stuff works? I tried the tazer guns hoping for the same affect and it only made my hair stand up...........:facesjump

Jibit said:
I'll be honest, this thread has gotten on my nerves. Its mainly because of the know it all attitudes. :D

Well put Dave!! Well Put... There has been too much discussion.. I believe the point was made many posts ago... And Debi even appreciates all the input..

No matter what happens Debi still got to celebrate the slip.... Don't know how many Jello shots she did after but I bet there were a few!!!

That reminds me I'll need to get some good Jello molds for the July Meet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back