13.412 ! 96 MarkVIII THANKS HOTTIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jibit said:
that stuff works? I tried the tazer guns hoping for the same affect and it only made my hair stand up...........:facesjump
Dave, have you ever tried a cattle prod. :D

mespock said:
Well put Dave!! Well Put... There has been too much discussion.. I believe the point was made many posts ago... And Debi even appreciates all the input..

No matter what happens Debi still got to celebrate the slip.... Don't know how many Jello shots she did after but I bet there were a few!!!

That reminds me I'll need to get some good Jello molds for the July Meet....
No matter what is said now or posted now, i agree Rich, Debi got to celebrate the time slip and will get to continue her celebration of the time slip, because she earned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jibit said:
I'll be honest, this thread has gotten on my nerves. Its mainly because of the know it all attitudes. I'll probably get ripped for this post but I don't care. I'm having a bad day so you guys can be blessed by my presence! First off, theory is never reality. Just because it should happen a certain doesn't mean it will. For those of you saying that because you have this and that mod you should have this particular time, realize that you can't add numbers and never know how things react to each other until you try them out. To top it off, cars react different. I know some cars......Joey's cough, cough, that are just mean bone stock, compared to any other stock marks. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I'm also saying that you shouldn't be telling anyone if they are right or wrong either. Damn it! I need a beer! :drunk:

Btw, Driller you have too much time on your hands! Where the hell did you get all that info.........I need to take the time out to read it! :D

Jibit, when those of us who have been racing for years and KNOW what it takes to get a certain vehicle to a certain ET and MPH see this then that is when the BS flags start to come out. There is no room for interpretation about this. The anything can happen saying does apply. But it applies one heck of a lot more toward running as fast as before or slower due to bad driving. The anything can happen excuse/reason when dropping 2+ seconds off your ET and adding 10+ MPH trap speed is just ludicrous. Sorry but a person couldn't get that trap speed on a cold day in Antarctica with a ram air and a 75 degree heated downhill track with those mods! lol.

There are certain cars that are somewhat freakish from the factory, but not by this large of a margin. Then factor in the previous time slips from that night and you got the big picture. Sorry but you dont drop 2+ seconds off ET and add 10 MPH trap speed between going from a hot car and bad run to a cold car and a great run. There just isn't going to be that HUGE of a difference.

Those of us whom are pretty knowledgeable in this have stated many times why it could not happen and then even analyzed why it didn't happen and there are still people that don't understand or agree with the findings? Not theory, but actual factual evidence that proves what really happened. Sorry but for those of you who believe this still happened, you are living in your own world not governed by such laws as physics. Well, all I got to say to those individuals is to lay off the ganja pipe.

I really don't know what your purpose was for stating the know it all comment, but we stated what really happened because we do know. Maybe not all of everything about racing, but enough to tell that this didn't happen.

Since none of us were there that night but Debi, no one can prove that it didn't happen, all we have to go on is her word and that is good enough for me. A ganja pipe never touched one and never will, there are to many problems in this crazy world to mess with that.

pepperman said:
Since none of us were there that night but Debi, no one can prove that it didn't happen, all we have to go on is her word and that is good enough for me.

Pepper... you really think that. :)

Those of you who still choose to believe that timeslip give us real racers a bad name. I have encountered ricers with more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
rocket5979 said:
Pepper...you really think that. :)

Those of you who still choose to believe that timeslip give us real racers a bad name. I have encountered ricers with more sense.
Damn, but I agree! I'm no big racer but have ran several cars many times to know enough that it isn't possible. Taking the car to the track weeks on end, spending money and time to improve its time is being insulted here. Its just not as easy as track conditions being right. Everyones tried to be nice and explain why, but still some believe.

Why is it that you must call me names? I have never insulted anyone or what they have done to better their cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not really calling you names. He's just stating that to believe in the possibility of the time slip being real is just stupid in general. I'm not calling anyone stupid, but its stupid to believe its possible.

pepperman said:
Why is it that you must call me names? I have never insulted anyone or what they have done to better their cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You DO know that one definition of insanity is: Constantly doing things different and expecting the same results. Or vice versa...

Going by your logic if the weather is right then who needs a turbocharger in a Mustang to run 8's in the 1/4??? I will just wait till January when its cold out and run my mildly modded LS and hold my breath in anticipation of getting my 11 second timeslip! ;) hehehehehhe. This has become more of a joke than anything to me by now, but if you want to know my opinion of your ways of thinking pepper, well you already have it. :cool:

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Thanks for the nice definitions driller. Alot of us look at the numbers and see the obvious, you spelled it out nicely. My LSE I can almost predict my 1/4 time by looking at the 60'. I can actually almost gauge my time by looking at my speedo as I cross the line also. You regular racers know what I mean. If you stick it, and cross the line fast, you may have your new best. If you don't do neither, its just another pass, hopefully you learned something on it.

Oh, that is the secret! Yeah I learned - I gotta wear a SPEEDO!, as long as it is pink, ummm with rhinestones! lolol But isn't it unsafe too look down while your flying down the track! Just teasing Hottie...

Yeah, any moron can look at the slips and see the obvious, but the slips only tell half the story. The 4th car to run down a cool, dry, clean fresh sticky track, staged shallow (just learned before the alleged "impossible" run), cold engine, and each run I made I changed at least one variable. I would take my slip to my track guy after each run and he would advise me things to try or leave. Oh, and the 145,000 combined miles I have put on a 94 MarkVIII and a 96 LSC MARKVIII, (those weren't put on just going to the grocery and church either babe, just put my name into the search engine of the franklin county public records web site!!). Neither of my Marks had the power this one has...weird stuff always happens to me, and I am going to go on believing that my Mark (well really I say he's LVC's Mark ;) ran that time, I don't believe anything is impossible.

Driller, in no way am I discounting your mathmatical equations, they are awesome and I wish I had your spreadsheet, I'd like to keep track of my runs with them! They are very helpful and I believe it will help me improve my consistency. I also really appreciate you taking the time to do all of that work! THANK YOU!!!!!

Scott, get your foot ready, I can't wait to ride with you, even if we don't duplicate the time, we are going to have some fast hot fun! The track here is closed till May 31 because of the Pontiac Spring Nationals :(, so I don't know where I'm going to go, or if I can everything else is a few hours away.

Thanks Again HOTTIES!

SMOOCHES
MsM8

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Thanks for the nice definitions driller. Alot of us look at the numbers and see the obvious, you spelled it out nicely. My LSE I can almost predict my 1/4 time by looking at the 60'. I can actually almost gauge my time by looking at my speedo as I cross the line also. You regular racers know what I mean. If you stick it, and cross the line fast, you may have your new best. If you don't do neither, its just another pass, hopefully you learned something on it.

you must be pritty good at bs'n yourself then. you know your speed fluctuates when your racin. you could have a fast speed and a slow time, cuz you spun it...but you could run the same speed, but a fast time, cuz you stuck it. and you dont realy know how bad the spinnin is till you see the slip.

MsM8tress said:
Yeah, any moron can look at the slips and see the obvious, but the slips only tell half the story. The 4th car to run down a cool, dry, clean fresh sticky track, staged shallow (just learned before the alleged "impossible" run), cold engine, and each run I made I changed at least one variable.

lol....wow....

driller said:
Class dismissed. Your homework assignment is practice your Reaction Times and work on your sixty foot. Be sure to study as there WILL be a pop quiz! ;)

i dont need to work on my r/t's teacher!

MrWilson said:
you must be pritty good at bs'n yourself then. you know your speed fluctuates when your racin. you could have a fast speed and a slow time, cuz you spun it...but you could run the same speed, but a fast time, cuz you stuck it. and you dont realy know how bad the spinnin is till you see the slip.

Uuuum I really dont see anywhere that LSE...... was bsing himself. If you launch just as good as the previous run and you go through the traps at a higher mph then it is pretty safe to say that you probably ran a better time.

Trap speed does fluctuate when racing usually due to launch and also missing gears in a manual car. That fluctuation is by fractions and maybe even a whole mph or two at times. Not 10 mph due to just conditions and launch technique. If you stick the launch you will usually not run the same speed, you will actually run a lower trap speed than when you spin. Unless your spinning forever of course, in which case you have eaten up too much track to give yourself time to accelerate to the higher trap speed.

scott9050 said:
Let me be more specific in my laziness, VHT trackbite. It's a traction compound that they spray on the track to aid in traction. TNT= Test and Tune.
Cecil doesn't have as good facilities as 131 Motorsports or Rockingham, but they have the best prepped track I have seen.

when im runnin good, im so gonna get down to cecil, it sounds like a beast of a track.

MonsterMark said:
And that's the problem sweetie. Some of us (including Driller) are trying very hard to let you know that it didn't happen. We explained WHY it COULDN'T have happened. No DRIVER in the whole wide world could have done it. Get it?

What can I say? Sometimes the messenger gets shot.:rolleyes:

heheh no not shot... worse! no smooches...oh and yeah I get it REALly I do, heheh so now I'm not of this earth, that explains soooo much! Thanks hun! ;)

MsM8

rocket5979 said:
You DO know that one definition of insanity is: Constantly doing things different and expecting the same results. Or vice versa...

Going by your logic if the weather is right then who needs a turbocharger in a Mustang to run 8's in the 1/4??? I will just wait till January when its cold out and run my mildly modded LS and hold my breath in anticipation of getting my 11 second timeslip! ;) hehehehehhe.

dont forget to look down at your speedo (just what is so interesting down there anyway!)
This has become more of a joke than anything to me by now, but if you want to know my opinion of your ways of thinking pepper, well you already have it. :cool:

Look at the pot calling the kettle black, anyone with intelligence would not need to stoop to the above comments.

MsM8

MsM8tress said:
Look at the pot calling the kettle black, anyone with intelligence would not need to stoop to the above comments.

MsM8

It wasn't a mere comment. It was a very astute description based upon information presented to me in this thread, actually. :cool:

MrWilson said:
You've been on this site longer than me but when I jumped on, people openly told you were to go and not to come back. I'm no BSer. The LSE doesn't have such a traction problem so it s been very consistent as far as speed and time. I'd be willing to post all 14 runs and would bet that with drillers spread sheet you'd find its very consistent. Last weekend the track was cold and slick, I could tell the first run that it wasn't my best, I was right. Next run I tried to adjust, same result. You confuse 800hp cars with lots of variables with a daily driver with little variables. It can only do so much better, and at some point, you've ran your best. Sad thing is if you don't admit it.

MonsterMark said:
Anyone know why it says Class 99.7 under the Right Lane HO1 car on the timeslip?
scott9050 said:
Their site says this about may 5th:
BLITZ FRIDAY NIGHT STREET FIGHTS / NHRA STREET LEGAL
I want to see the car number on Debi's other slips. My guess is that they used a different numbers system for competitors and regular TNT people.

I was curious about that today also, but work got in the way and didn't have a chance to call.

2 out of the 9 slips only I have that number under mine,
4 out of the 9 slips have that numbers under mine and the other driver
5 slips have no numbers under me or the other driver

the 2 with the number under only me, i won one and lost one
2 with numbers under both drivers I won ;)
1 with number under only me I lost
1 with number under only me I won

I'll call tomorrow and ask.

oh....gesh.....I'm sooooo easy!

SMOOCH! not "S", I aint THAT easy! heheh

MsM8

OH MAN! I JUST thought of who Deb is reminding me of lately! KEN MOTZ! heheheheehehhe. Oh man............:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller
I vaguely remember somthing about this condition from my electro-shock therapy sessions...

Driller it worked for you! and very nicely I might add.....

Jibit said:
that stuff works? I tried the tazer guns hoping for the same affect and it only made my hair stand up...........:facesjump

ummm Prezz,.. HOTTIE, put the gun down....you have no hair babe.....just put the tazer gun down and walk away. Don't worry though, your HOT AS HE11 BALD!

SMOOCH on top of that SEXXXY HOT BALD head of yours (daz right triple X)!

MsM8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back