Who is more likely to articulate a written comprehensible sentence?

Who is more likely:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now I dun gots me both them Gen cars, I gonna jump all round now and be all woohoo, woohoo, yeah I likes em both styles, woohoo

Yeah, except the record the T-bird took, E/F SS isn't the one I wanted to keep. The record I set, raised, and then I raised again, E/F CC was set with only a light hit of spray, turned on just as the transmission went into third gear. Because I've been concerned about the powdered-metal rods, the cast pistons, and the hundred-thousand plus miles on the engine and the fact that it really is a daily driver, I was content, at that time, to take it quite easy. As I said back a ways, the turbos are on the bench in the garage, never having been mounted yet.

One of the nicest things about the combination of spray, methanol, and a pair of turbos is that with the bottle, and the methanol fuel pump switches turned off, and the little knob that adjusts the waste gates turned down to 5-6 pounds, the engine will act very much as if it were one of the Jag 'R' engines and make about 400 HP. But if called on, all it takes is a flip of the switches to open the bottle, turn on the heater, and start the methanol pump running. And then with a twist of the WG knob I can have 1K++ of power. It's all a DEMAND system, you see! I can have my cake and eat it too!:D

KS

i'll believe it when i see it.

Yeah, except the record the T-bird took, E/F SS isn't the one I wanted to keep. The record I set, raised, and then I raised again, E/F CC was set with only a light hit of spray, turned on just as the transmission went into third gear. Because I've been concerned about the powdered-metal rods, the cast pistons, and the hundred-thousand plus miles on the engine and the fact that it really is a daily driver, I was content, at that time, to take it quite easy. As I said back a ways, the turbos are on the bench in the garage, never having been mounted yet.

One of the nicest things about the combination of spray, methanol, and a pair of turbos is that with the bottle, and the methanol fuel pump switches turned off, and the little knob that adjusts the waste gates turned down to 5-6 pounds, the engine will act very much as if it were one of the Jag 'R' engines and make about 400 HP. But if called on, all it takes is a flip of the switches to open the bottle, turn on the heater, and start the methanol pump running. And then with a twist of the WG knob I can have 1K++ of power. It's all a DEMAND system, you see! I can have my cake and eat it too!:D

KS
See there in lies the problem. In order to run properly you cant just turn a knob. You will need to tune the ECU as well. If you are running on a tune for 30psi and then crank it down to 6psi the car will fall flat on its face the moment you give it the beans.... or really anything past 50% throttle. Sure the tune reads MAF AD counts but it also looks at throttle position (yes a dozen other paramiters too) and when its tuned for that boost hit the car is gonna spray way too much fuel for that and also the timing curve will be limited based on the higher boost numbers.

So in essence you would have a car with less HP to be "mild" on the street but would also be running pig rich with a crappy timing curve. Reading your thread it appears you are a pretty smart dude so I assume you took this into account and one of the switches you will flip is for a multi tune flip chip?

And to get to the last portion. Once again you said you didnt think my car could beat yours at all. Well 145 is faster then 140. That is my car going faster then yours or in lamens terms "Beating it". ;)

Johnson Contest

Before you get too carried away, recognize that the fuel curve for the methanol is completely separate from the gasoline. And I've been fooling with methanol since I was a teen-ager. One of the things I learned as a kid working on an Offy engine on straight methanol is that it's VERY forgiving of mixture. The richer you run the methanol, right down to about 4.5/1 the more power it makes. The tuning necessary is all in the secondary fuel system. If I need to monkey with the 'tune' all I have to do is to link my laptop to the diagnostic port by way of my SCT interface. Then you just push a couple of buttons and Voila!

If we didn't have a foot of snow here, I could put a little fatter pills in the aux. fuel system and/or turn the spray on in a lower gear and run faster as well. But because this really is a DD I wouldn't do it now even if it were dry out. The fuel system now in the car will make about 350-or-so more HP than I've asked of it.;)

And once more this is turning into a 'Johnson' contest. If you need to feel that yours is larger at the moment, feel free!:rolleyes:

If you want to, we can try to meet up sometime this summer. Let's leave it at that.

KS

Before I get to carried away? You just validated what I said. So now you are pissed cause we agree? You just said if you need to change it then you would hook a laptop up to it and change it. Thats pretty much what I do to mine too. Its just you wont be flipping a switch, you will be reloading the ECU. No biggie.

Then on this pissing contest. Why do you always change chit when I meet your throw down? You said run a mile. You said you run 140 in that mile. You said my car couldnt beat that. You then say that it dont matter cause you can gear down. :lol:
FYI, my car has a full 18 gallons in it (just filled up), big ass honkin sound system, spare tire, tools, and my fat ass.
You now need to change crap to make yours faster? So what? I pull the system and tools and spare and run a half tank and will run faster yet again.
You say yours is a lowly safe tune cause its a DD? So is mine! I run a very rich 11.3:1 AF at WOT and only command 16.5* total timing and have a modest 7.4 psi. As you see I have a very safe tune too. My fuel pump is at 60% and my MAF is at 63% so I have room to add several more lbs of boost too.

Dont offer to run and then say you cant. Dont decide what I say we should run is wrong and that you only want to run a mile and then dismiss the fact that my car runs faster then yours (right at this moment) due to BS excuses. Thats so freakin rice. I expect that from a Honda owner. Next thing you know you will say lets do a roll on from 20 MPH! :lol:

How about we all roll down to TX2K12 in a year. TX2K11 is probably a little too soon. I'll call Laser out, 60-130 roll, a real ricers roll.

All mark owners who bash the LS need to read this post...

The transmission is a ford product same as used in the mustangs.
The chassis and suspension are all Jaguar as well.

If you look up pictures of the s-type you can see how closely related they are.

Mark owners are WELL aware that FoMoCo likes to cobble cars together from the ol' parts bin.

And being related to the S-Type is not something you want to advertise. At least it's not the X-Type.

Ya know, I hate to say it, but I kinda like the X-Type. I see them all over the place where I live and they are super sexy looking cars. The only problem I have with them is the Mondeo platform with the sideways engine. However, on the upside, Jag knew that none of their customers would buy a Jag that was FWD. So they used a modified version of the Mondeo's full-time AWD system with, I think it was at least 80% rear torque split. That pretty much made it a RWD car for all intents and purposes. It still has that stupid sideways engine, but at least most of the power is going to the rear wheels as it should.

Mark owners are WELL aware that FoMoCo likes to cobble cars together from the ol' parts bin.

And being related to the S-Type is not something you want to advertise. At least it's not the X-Type.

Doesnt bother me.

I like the s-type interior just not the exterior. The str is pretty damn fast and can run 0-60 in 5 seconds. I would have got one but i like the looks of the LS better.

Doesnt bother me.

I like the s-type interior just not the exterior. The str is pretty damn fast and can run 0-60 in 5 seconds. I would have got one but i like the looks of the LS better.

I like the S-Type too. It looks like a 1960 Jaguar MK 2 3.8L. I have always liked Jaguar's style. They are all beautiful cars. I don't think I've ever seen a Jag that I didn't like. I've actually been looking for a late 70's or early 80's XJ12 sedan. My uncle used to have one and it had the smoothest engine I've ever seen (or felt). The good thing is that a Jag that old should have most of the bugs worked out of it by now:D

Only Jags I like are these. Can't stand the rest. Those 80s and older XJs are rot boxes - I'd never touch one. My uncle had a Daimler Double Six - was OK, but expensive to keep on the road.

Jaguar-Super_V8_2006_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Only Jags I like are these. Can't stand the rest. Those 80s and older XJs are rot boxes - I'd never touch one. My uncle had a Daimler Double Six - was OK, but expensive to keep on the road.

Sorry aqua - got to go with the new XJ - one sexy car...

jaguar_xj2.jpg

Meh... I can't stand that new style. :yuck: Don't like the XF either. :yuck: If I had that kind of money, I'd have to look to either a 7 Series or an S-Class.

The only Jag I like or would be interested in buying if I wanted, would be the X-Type, mainly because of it's looks, outside and inside. But if I were to go that route again, I would just buy another Infinity G35S.

+1. Jags are cool, but you have to have two because one is gonna be at shop.

i knew a guy with 2 jags, and they were both always in the shop. :lol:
he sold them cuz he could never drive them.

these were old jags though. the new ones are much better reliability wise.

Pissed? No, Amused!

Before I get to carried away? You just validated what I said. So now you are pissed cause we agree? You just said if you need to change it then you would hook a laptop up to it and change it. Thats pretty much what I do to mine too. Its just you wont be flipping a switch, you will be reloading the ECU. No biggie.

Then on this pissing contest. Why do you always change chit when I meet your throw down? You said run a mile. You said you run 140 in that mile. You said my car couldnt beat that. You then say that it dont matter cause you can gear down. :lol:
FYI, my car has a full 18 gallons in it (just filled up), big ass honkin sound system, spare tire, tools, and my fat ass.
You now need to change crap to make yours faster? So what? I pull the system and tools and spare and run a half tank and will run faster yet again.
You say yours is a lowly safe tune cause its a DD? So is mine! I run a very rich 11.3:1 AF at WOT and only command 16.5* total timing and have a modest 7.4 psi. As you see I have a very safe tune too. My fuel pump is at 60% and my MAF is at 63% so I have room to add several more lbs of boost too.

Dont offer to run and then say you cant. Dont decide what I say we should run is wrong and that you only want to run a mile and then dismiss the fact that my car runs faster then yours (right at this moment) due to BS excuses. Thats so freakin rice. I expect that from a Honda owner. Next thing you know you will say lets do a roll on from 20 MPH! :lol:

Flip a switch or push a button. Don't major in minors. And I'm not at all pissed---mostly amused!:)

I didn't change anything. In the first place, any 'call out' had, as an integral part, the suggestion that we meet at Maxton during the summer. Your suggestion of 'right now' is simply silly on the face of it. Aren't you somewhere in Texas? And I'm in Michigan, up to my a s s in snow. 'Right now' is an obvious impossibility. But it sure seems as if you're getting heated, and therefore not thinking, but simply 'running off'. (at the mouth):D

I left my E/F CC record where it is for two reasons. First, I didn't have a complete set of pills with me. The jump in size that would have been necessary, considering the sizes I had in hand, was more than I cared to try, since I was on 'un-charted ground'. And though I'd been setting records throughout the day, we simply ran out of time that Sunday afternoon to make any more runs.;)

If you knew anything about Land Speed racing, you'd be aware that weight has very little to do with it. It's common to provide several hundred pounds of ballast as a traction aid. Anything more than modest airflow aids as traction devices cause too much of an increase in form drag and frontal area. So, within reason, ballast is better.

Your car might be 'running faster' than mine at the moment. Mine is setting, not moving with a foot of snow on it.:rolleyes:

So stop the willy-waving. You're making yourself look silly.:(

KS

Oh gebus chistmas. You back peddal like a damn Honda owner. I completly understand high speed runs...... I wonder if you do. Ballast is an important factor when you are far exceeding the cars designed max speed and are running at an event like the salt flats where you are running at a much higher speed on a much less grippy surface. If the car does not have traction issues (like mine) then the lighter it is the quicker it can accelerate. Just basic physics there. Since at the 1 mile mark the car is no where near its top speed it is still accelerating. The lighter it is the faster it can accelerate thus producing a higher MPH.

Once again. You said my car could not outrun yours (not exact words but we all can see how you phrased it) yet it did. Now you say "Oh its cause I didnt do this or didnt do that blah blah blah" and not a simple "Hey, I was wrong. Currently your car is faster." and just man up.
Sure your car will be faster in the future. I feel you have a good grasp on motors and have knowledge of what to do and how to do it. I beleieve you when you say you will have a lot more power this summer and then should be able to once again be faster then a lowly Mark VIII. I dont think you will hit your HP goals without blowing the motor but I believe you can get close.

The main point is you blindly state my car cant beat yours in any performance aspect. Seeing as how it is currently faster you should rethink that statement and wonder just how much faster mine is in the quarter and on a road course.

Answer To The Schoolyard Willy-Wagging

I just went out and brushed off enough snow to be able to open the hood. Then I put in a 47 nitrous oxide jet and a 65 methanol jet. That equips my spray system to provide a 300+ horsepower hit instead of the 100+ horsepower 41 nitrous oxide and 45 methanol jets I used to set the record. And that's still only about 3/4ths of what the system is capable of putting out. The poor old hundred-forty-thousand-plus-miles engine undoubtedly won't take it very long, but a mile run only takes about fifteen seconds of spray.

So in that ten minutes or so outside I added 200+ horsepower. Thats most likely enough added power to go faster than your 144---if that was accurate instead of wishful thinking. (I had my speed clocked and certified as part of the record-setting process.)

And you're the one who needs to acknowledge that you're hiding. You must be because you aren't out in front of my house ready to back up your belligerence.

You're the one who seems bent on 'right this minute'. I suggested this coming summer! WHERE ARE YOU??

Isn't this silly!

KS

And bringing this back to the original thread, I believe I've provided enough accurate sentences, that would display articulateness if spoken, to win the whole shootin' match for the LS contingent as well.:)

The way I see it is that no specific car owner is any more well spoken, or written, than the other. There are idiots and scholars among any crowd, regardless of car model. Arguing back and forth over who's car is faster makes you both look childish and undereducated.

Here's a new topic to stir the pot: Spray is cheap and you are cheating! ;)

Why do I gotta be in front of your house? Why are you not in front of mine? The weather is in the 70's and clear. Perfect weather for racing. Come on down! Bring your big NAWZZ!!! shot and see what she does. Come on, ill wait. Ill even get the BBQ ready and some beers. You want ribs or burgers? Ill call up the local Mark and LS people and have them stop by too. Can make a party out of it.
Local drag strip is open. There is a closed airport that has a two mile run way about 30 miles from here and we can go run at Harris Hill for the road course. Great track with long sweeping corners, short decreasing radius corners, blind corners and a nice S section.

You yourself said we cant do nothing up there with all the snow so come to where there is no snow. Or we can figure something out for this summer and meet half way at a neutral ground.

Its funny you got worked up enough about my cars higher top speed that you had to go out and rejet your car to way dangerous levels in hopes to run faster when you say you cant even drive it now. :lol:
And the average was 145. One run at 144, one at 146 and one at 145. Thats a 145 average. Now while I dont have fancy equipment a dual GPS reading and knowing what a mile is (+/- 10') is close enough.

Some people, geesh. Guess I have to go outside now and change out my pulley to add another 10 lbs boost (about 200 hp) and reflash the ECU so I can keep up with your NAWZ hit. Should take me about 7 minutes. BRB.

BTW, be carefull that shot of nawz doesnt blow the welds on your intake.* :D
*(Fast and Furious quote to show I am being funny)

Scuffle

The way I see it is that no specific car owner is any more well spoken, or written, than the other. There are idiots and scholars among any crowd, regardless of car model. Arguing back and forth over who's car is faster makes you both look childish and undereducated.

Here's a new topic to stir the pot: Spray is cheap and you are cheating! ;)

Geezly Mike---
Way to hurt a guy's feelings. "...undereducated..." D'ya mean all that time I spent in school...?( At least I don't misspell words!)

As far as the new topic, I never added up the money I've spent on the system, and I'm sponsored by NX---Nitrous Express, so that would cut into what I had to lay out. But five gallons of methanol costs about fifty bucks, and a tank of spray about the same. (I've got six tanks) Then you've got the Fuel cell in the trunk, with the pump, filters, pressure regulator, gauges, and the controller and about a hundred feet of assorted -4, -6, and -8 Teflon SS braid hose and all the fittings that I did pay for.

Nah, not cheap!!:D

KS (Laser just seems to get more frantic as the day wears on so I'm just going to let the whole fracas set until this summer.):)

Geezly Mike---
Way to hurt a guy's feelings. "...undereducated..." D'ya mean all that time I spent in school...?( At least I don't misspell words!)

As far as the new topic, I never added up the money I've spent on the system, and I'm sponsored by NX---Nitrous Express, so that would cut into what I had to lay out. But five gallons of methanol costs about fifty bucks, and a tank of spray about the same. (I've got six tanks) Then you've got the Fuel cell in the trunk, with the pump, filters, pressure regulator, gauges, and the controller and about a hundred feet of assorted -4, -6, and -8 Teflon SS braid hose and all the fittings that I did pay for.

Nah, not cheap!!:D

KS (Laser just seems to get more frantic as the day wears on so I'm just going to let the whole fracas set until this summer.):)

Where did I misspell any words? Undereducated? It's a word. However, to answer your comments: when you take pop shots out of context like this, it does actually make you seem less than intelligent. I don't try to hurt feelings, or aim to sound brash, I was speaking in the tone of a voice of reason, to remind you two that you are going back and forth for no true cause.

To be clear, I meant "cheap" as in "unscrupulous", like a "yo momma" joke, or taking people out of context in order to make them seem like an as*hat, not cheap monetarily, like a McDonald's dinner date. I spoke up because the two of you arguing, considering you are adult, educated, and sensible men seemed a bit out of hand. I'm sorry if my mild-mannered comment in suggesting that arguing is childish after a certain point upset you, or made it seem as though I was being rude.

Finally, the new topic comment was a joke. I don't think spraying is cheap, it's not my preference, but nonetheless it's an option. ;)

Mike, YOU didn't misspell any words that I know of. And I was simply answering in the same vein as your comment. For my own part, all this has been said in fun!!:)

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back