Who is more likely to articulate a written comprehensible sentence?

Who is more likely:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pissing Contest?

Ugh. No pissing contest going on here. I just say lets run them and see whats what. You said my car cant beat you in the quarter or on a road course. So, lets see what happens. Come over here or meet half way. I may beat you I may not. Internet racing is fun!! :lol:

I can't even get out of my driveway for the snow, and there's more coming later today. (I live in Metro Detroit);)

I don't intend to drag race, as I said, but it might be possible to get together at an open-track event this summer. And, starting in May, there's a meeting at Maxton every month through the summer.

The ECTA (Maxton) has license reciprocity with the SCTA (Bonneville) due to safety standards that aren't adhered to at the Texas venue.

I'd like to get together with you sometime after greenup. Let's try to make it happen!

(Actually, you said you could beat me, and I said, "No, I don't think so".)

KS

:W:V

Here we go fans the :steering is set and the fans are ready. We have a :soapbox: of sorts, and the printing press is out of control, headlines are " Laser's Mark VIII vs Lil LS".
LaserSVT is putting it on Lil LS with alot of :N, and Lil LS is very :Bang. At this time it looks as if LaserSVT seems to getting the best of Lil LS *owned*. Will the :monkey: around stop, does not look like it will. LaserSVT continues to :slap: and :bash: Lil LS, and all Lil LS can do is :blah::blah::blah: :gr_hail:.

Both seem to have no love loss for one another. Both have been argue2 about who is better than the other. The air waves have been open and the fans are excited. Each remain steadfast in their hopes to :leghumper the other. So who will it be, time will tell, but as the heated :F continues, we will just have to stay tuned.

As for I the LVC journalist, I will set back and eat popcorn and get :drunk:.

As always all everything on LVC is live and in your face, but if you would like to see this up and close, then get involved and lets make it a LVC meet, and :wave suppot your favorite driver.

PS: I need more popcorn and please :give

I think it should be a full contest then.

Do the top speed 1 mile run, 1/4 mile drag race, autocross event and a subjective fit and finnish or "looks" competiton. We can have fun with this and maybe get some more cars in it. Get people together where we can rent a track for the day that has a good straight to do the 1/4 mile and 1 mile race.
Maybe do some real world usefull testing like 0-100-0 and a 60-120 race. Could be a lot of fun. I think a nice tuned Mark will suprise you and maybe the LS will suprise me too and I will stop looking at them as RWD Galants. :)

Comparison

Last time I looked the Galant was a Nipponese entry. If you were to think of the Lincoln LS as Jaguar-sourced, you'd be a lot more accurate. (I'm sure you didn't make the comment just to be snarky)

In any case, the LS will stand against any comparison, daily-driven to daily-driven, and summer and winter. But please understand, I'm not making any claim about my shiny paint.

I'd think that doing as you are laying out should include a set of road race gumballs. You most likely have enough power to destroy any street tire. It doesn't make sense to damage a car due to tire failure.

I DO detect a certain degree of brashness in your comments. Just how old are you, anyway?

KS

I say Galant cause I worked at a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mitsu/Nissan dealer for a number of years and when the LS first came out. I was super hyped over the LS and requested one for my demo car. I got a v-8 with the sport package. The car arrived and I was very excited. It was the executive sports car for someone in their late 20's at the time and fit me well. Upon getting in the car I was very dissapointed. The interior felt like a Diamante with lessor materials. The car drove and handled like a Maxima SE. It looked like a Galant GTZ.
I tried my damndest to sell it right away to get a different company car. Glad I did. LS is just not my cup of tea.

I dont see it as a Jag in any form. People say it has a Jag motor but that makes me curious why you are going so SOOOOO much trouble and expense to drop an actual Jag motor in it?

As for brash. I am brash. :D

I am offering up many categories to make the playing field level. You built your car for standing mile. My car is built for everything else. I can drive on a road course with street tires. I can drag race on street tires. I actually know how to controll a car. I have raced on SCCA tracks and was top of my class in Hawaii.

Knowing you would beat me in a mile run dont matter. I still think it would be great fun and people here would love to see it. But how lame is that? A blast to a mile? Yawn. Lets throw some corners in there! Lets get some races like 1/4 mile where cars TOTAL setup matters and not just peak HP. Then lets sit them side by side and let people vote on what car looks more inviting, what looks to be usable every day and be comfertable, whats the sleeper, what looks better in and out and under the hood.

I am a FORD guy, I love Ford cars. I will look at your car and respect the work and effort thats been done. I will respect and positivly comment on your cars outright speed. Ill be happy its not wearing a bow tie and after the competition is over I will sit down and have many beers with you and compliment your car and the day of great fun racing we had.

Dont need to turn this into an outright war. We both have hopped up cool Fords. Yours will do some things better, mine will do others better. Lets go have some fun!!!

And knowing I was in my mid to late 20's when the LS arrived should hint at my age. How old are you?

'Son'

You can call me 'Grandpa' if you want to, although my oldest daughter is just a little younger than you are.

As I intimated, the LS could just as easily be called a Jag or a Thunderbird when it comes to the powertrain and chassis. It's just the body that's different. I believe the interiors for both my car and yours came from the same place. (Utica?) Therefore such things as design and materials will be, substantially, parallels.

As was noted somewhere around here a little earlier, I happened on an AJ 27 engine for only $750.00. The major difference is an extra millimeter of stroke. It's my intention to use a set of heads from a later-acquired 3.9 due to the simplicity of not having to deal with the VVT found in the Jag.

Please understand that my car is a daily-driver first and any other use comes second. My 'schtick' for close to thirty years of doing project cars and writing about them in one or another performance car venue, has been that they are done in 'weekend-sized pieces'. Drive the car home from school or work on Friday night and have it back in service in time for Monday morning. It takes some planning, but it's what makes sense when working on a daily driver.

If you want to claim to be a better driver than I, or that you have stickier tires or shinier paint, I really don't know what to answer. I'm sure my reflexes are thoroughly ordinary. But then I've believed that we were talking about the abilities inherent in the as-modded versions of the Mk VIII and LS, and not some other standard of comparison.

You have the natural advantage of having an engine with an overwhelming support structure. Everything you need can come from the corner store. I have to order main bearings, etc, from England. They simply are not available over-the-counter in this country. Therefore, I'm pioneering in my engine development. But then, I find it to be fun. And the end result will, for sure, not be a 'belly-button'.

Hopefully we'll be able to put some kind of a get-together together for sometime later this year.:):)

KS

The Lincoln LS shares the DEW98 chassis with the Jaguar S-Type and Ford Thunderbird. Suspensions and floorpans are pretty much identical between the three cars. It was originally designed by a Ford/Jaguar joint venture and if I'm not mistaken, used on the S-Type, then the LS, and finally the T-Bird. The Ford/Lincoln 3.9L V-8 is basically a slightly destroked version of the 4.0L Jag AJ V-8. For all intents and purposes, the LS and T-Bird are Jaguar S-Types with different bodies and interiors.

I've only driven one LS in my life. It was a 2005 V-6 automatic that my mom brought home to test drive. Personally, I loved it. It was very comfortable and extremely well appointed. And for a V-6, it had some pretty good gitupandgo:) And the handling was fantastic! I have to say that LS handled 500% better than either of my Mark VIII's. It rode firm yet not bouncy, and it handled curves like it was glued to the road. I would love to have one. And I will some day.

You can call me 'Grandpa' if you want to, although my oldest daughter is just a little younger than you are.

As I intimated, the LS could just as easily be called a Jag or a Thunderbird when it comes to the powertrain and chassis. It's just the body that's different. I believe the interiors for both my car and yours came from the same place. (Utica?) Therefore such things as design and materials will be, substantially, parallels.

As was noted somewhere around here a little earlier, I happened on an AJ 27 engine for only $750.00. The major difference is an extra millimeter of stroke. It's my intention to use a set of heads from a later-acquired 3.9 due to the simplicity of not having to deal with the VVT found in the Jag.

Please understand that my car is a daily-driver first and any other use comes second. My 'schtick' for close to thirty years of doing project cars and writing about them in one or another performance car venue, has been that they are done in 'weekend-sized pieces'. Drive the car home from school or work on Friday night and have it back in service in time for Monday morning. It takes some planning, but it's what makes sense when working on a daily driver.

If you want to claim to be a better driver than I, or that you have stickier tires or shinier paint, I really don't know what to answer. I'm sure my reflexes are thoroughly ordinary. But then I've believed that we were talking about the abilities inherent in the as-modded versions of the Mk VIII and LS, and not some other standard of comparison.

You have the natural advantage of having an engine with an overwhelming support structure. Everything you need can come from the corner store. I have to order main bearings, etc, from England. They simply are not available over-the-counter in this country. Therefore, I'm pioneering in my engine development. But then, I find it to be fun. And the end result will, for sure, not be a 'belly-button'.

Hopefully we'll be able to put some kind of a get-together together for sometime later this year.:):)

KS
Never claimed to be a better driver. You put out there on several occasions you hold the record for his or that. I was just being as upfront with you. I have nothing to measure really who is the better driver.
I know what cornering forces my car can handle and what a modded LS can handle and know my "numbers" are better. Does that mean in the real world the car will do better? Not really. Your car may be able to transition better, may do better on weight shift when braking hard, may do better on an off camber decreasing radius turn..... who knows?

And I dont care who you are. Shooting for over 1000hp is not putting the cars DD first and foremost. Anything over 500 hp is damn near a waste for your or my chasis.
Like I had indicated earlier I can run 1000 rwhp too with the internals I am installing but thats rediculous for a street car and longevity of any other part. So I will drop it to a reasonable 550ish.

Again, we are all Ford enthusiasts here and you and I share a passion for superior performance in our chosen Ford product. I think we can get along based on these facts and not fight over crap like the standard F-body to Mustang argument. :lol:

The Lincoln LS shares the DEW98 chassis with the Jaguar S-Type and Ford Thunderbird. Suspensions and floorpans are pretty much identical between the three cars. It was originally designed by a Ford/Jaguar joint venture and if I'm not mistaken, used on the S-Type, then the LS, and finally the T-Bird. The Ford/Lincoln 3.9L V-8 is basically a slightly destroked version of the 4.0L Jag AJ V-8. For all intents and purposes, the LS and T-Bird are Jaguar S-Types with different bodies and interiors.

All mark owners who bash the LS need to read this post.

The LS is no way, shape, or form a galant or altima or any Japanese import vehicle. The engine is indeed a jaguar AJ-V8 and a destroked version of the 4.0L AJ-V8.

For some reason all of this information seems to be hard to swallow but it is what it is.

The transmission is a ford product same as used in the mustangs.
The chassis and suspension are all Jaguar as well.

If you look up pictures of the s-type you can see how closely related they are.

Also the first gen ls cannot be compared to seconds gens. There was a lot of changes and improvements. VVT, higher quality materials and real wood trim vs plastic, gps navigation, stronger engine and the handling is better as well.

*licks computer screen*

The snozz berries taste like snozz berries!

yup with a dohc 4.6 transplant and some sexy curves,splash of tasteful interior mods and yup tbird or cougar whatev. jaguars are the biggest pieces of chit EVER,

Just because you cant afford one doesnt mean its a piece of :q:q:q:q.

keep driving your vehicle of two decades ago.

Just because you cant afford one doesnt mean its a piece of :q:q:q:q.

keep driving your vehicle of two decades ago.

I will they don't make em like this anymore (all full of squeaks and rattles)

Edit: I have had a jag SUCKED!! my step dad has a xjs12 it is a 90 or 91 hasn't driven more that 12,000 mi in the last 10 years with $9,000 worth of work put into h/g and electronic problems. i would rather put my money and time into a festiva than a jag. and our car has the only thing jag ever even got close to right the rear ends. and fo mo co still had to strengthen them up. sorry to go off like this. I Hate f@guar.

EDIT: side note he is putting a 350 in the jag now

Meh, I like Jags. I had a XJ6 Vanden Plas that was pretty nice and I drove a friends 03 XKR that I absolutly loved! The old S types were ok too.

Anywho, I was curious seeing how 140 mph in the standing mile was the old record before it was just smashed by those other guys to 185. :eek: So I was wondering what my car could do. I just went out and marked a 1 mile section thats level and flat with plenty of braking area. Launching at 900 RPM with the OD off and selector in D and the TC off I launched with minimal spin. At 6100 in 3rd I turned the OD back on and by 6350 it finnished the gear change. Right at the mile mark I hit 145 using the GPS speedo app on my Droid and the Pioneers Nav GPS signal. I reversed direction and tried again and got 144. Third attemp (all instantly back to back) netted me 146 mph.

Not sure but 145 is more then 140, no? :D

I will they don't make em like this anymore (all full of squeaks and rattles)

Edit: I have had a jag SUCKED!! my step dad has a xjs12 it is a 90 or 91 hasn't driven more that 12,000 mi in the last 10 years with $9,000 worth of work put into h/g and electronic problems. i would rather put my money and time into a festiva than a jag. and our car has the only thing jag ever even got close to right the rear ends. and fo mo co still had to strengthen them up. sorry to go off like this. I Hate f@guar.

EDIT: side note he is putting a 350 in the jag now

I dont like those jags.

2000+ model years. And even then only a couple like the s-type r.

Meh, I like Jags. I had a XJ6 Vanden Plas that was pretty nice and I drove a friends 03 XKR that I absolutly loved! The old S types were ok too.

Bill, I had an 85 XJ6 that was Cranberry with chrome spokes. Didn't know you had owned one too. I loved that car but when I had to pay to have the rear brake rotor replaced and a $700 wheel, I sold that damn thing. Some of the spokes were leaking air. Everything was high dollar. Biggest damn 6 cylinder I have ever seen in my life and it wouldn't even spin a tire but it had major top end. Every time I got in it, all I could smell was pure leather. I had it for about a year and found someone (dentist) that collected them in Decatur, AL. and sold it to him for $8K

Demand

...Not sure but 145 is more then 140, no?

Yeah, except the record the T-bird took, E/F SS isn't the one I wanted to keep. The record I set, raised, and then I raised again, E/F CC was set with only a light hit of spray, turned on just as the transmission went into third gear. Because I've been concerned about the powdered-metal rods, the cast pistons, and the hundred-thousand plus miles on the engine and the fact that it really is a daily driver, I was content, at that time, to take it quite easy. As I said back a ways, the turbos are on the bench in the garage, never having been mounted yet.

One of the nicest things about the combination of spray, methanol, and a pair of turbos is that with the bottle, and the methanol fuel pump switches turned off, and the little knob that adjusts the waste gates turned down to 5-6 pounds, the engine will act very much as if it were one of the Jag 'R' engines and make about 400 HP. But if called on, all it takes is a flip of the switches to open the bottle, turn on the heater, and start the methanol pump running. And then with a twist of the WG knob I can have 1K++ of power. It's all a DEMAND system, you see! I can have my cake and eat it too!:D

KS

Members online

Back