Who is more likely to articulate a written comprehensible sentence?

Who is more likely:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
articulate
adjective |ärˈtikyəlit|
1 (of a person or a person's words) having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently : an articulate account of their experiences.
2 having joints or jointed segments.
• Zoology denoting a brachiopod that has projections and sockets that form a hinge joining the two halves of the shell.
verb |-ˌlāt|
1 [ trans. ] express (an idea or feeling) fluently and coherently : they were unable to articulate their emotions.
• pronounce (something) clearly and distinctly : he articulated each word with precision | [ intrans. ] people who do not articulate well are more difficult to lip-read.
2 [ intrans. ] form a joint : the mandible is a solid piece articulating with the head.
• ( be articulated) be connected by joints : the wing is articulated to the thorax.
DERIVATIVES
articulable adjective
articulacy |-ləsē| noun
articulately adverb
articulateness noun
articulator |-ˌlātər| noun
ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: from Latin articulatus, past participle of articulare ‘divide into joints, utter distinctly,’ from articulus ‘small connecting part’ (see article ).

It is more the fact he drives an LS than the fact he lives in Tennessee...however they are related.

That wasnt his he stole it.

He should have been driving a bronco instead.

And cammerfe I am just internet bsing. Who knows who has what. And while I talk crap about LS cars I do like them but its hilarious how bad the Mark LS crowd fight. When I see them at car shows I go up and give the owners props and talk with them.

I dont know what you have done or plan to do with your LS but unless you are putting a hotter motor in it I dont see a LS 3.9 being able to be built to the level I can build mine.

If Maxton is one mile blast then we have that here too. Its called the Texas mile.

I know what my 1/4 trap speed is and I know what my cars max speed is and know it hits it just after a mile. That top speed is more then you think it is. :D

If anyone in the ls section thinks they can hang with your mark then wow.

my car can move but its no match for a blown 4.6....now if i had a pullied jaguar str (460hp around there) maybe i could hang. or of course a pullied terminator.

1 [ trans. ] express (an idea or feeling) fluently and coherently : they were unable to articulate their emotions.

From the horse's mouth. To express something can be done in words, arts, song, dance, writing....;)

Ecta

With all DUE respect, and said (written) with a smile, I didn't start this. A few comments are in order:
1. Since I started this project, I've had to start a new business to be able to feed myself. Other things beyond the (race) car must come first. And a trip (760 miles each way) to Maxton from Metro Detroit for a weekend of racing costs about $1500.00. So things have been sorta slow on the race front.
2. Please be aware that the LS is my daily driver. Far from being gutted in any way, the only things removed are the plastic cover on the engine---to make access to the engine continually easier---and the removable trunk floor and spare tire, since the fuel cell sticks up about three inches too far to fit the floor panel.
The car, roll cage, methanol fuel system, permanently-installed fire suppression system and all is what I have to drive day-in-and-out. I have removed the belly-pan since it's aluminum and the winter ice and salt would be hard on it. Likewise, the trans blanket is hanging on the wall at present.

The business is showing signs of life at long last and I expect to be racing this summer. I not only need to assemble and install the engine, I need to install the monkeyed-with trans and go through the chassis due to the almost 150 K miles now on the car. And even with an 8K red-line, I may have to install a numerically lower center-section. I anticipate better than 30 pounds of boost from the pair of hybrid T3/T4 turbos setting 'in the wings'. The already-installed spray/methanol system will provide 400+HP.

KS:)

(My thanks to those who added to the conversation regarding 'articulate'. Articulate implies verbal communication. Don't put too much trust in some of the more modern dictionaries. You'll find out that some of them even commit such indiscretions as to suggest that 'imply' and 'infer' are interchangeable. Most of us know better, of course, as well as recognizing that presently means 'after while'. The proper form for 'right now' is 'at present'.) An appropriate definition of 'articulate' as a verb would be 'facile of tongue'.

Wait, T3/T4 hybrids are what you have? 30 psi on a 4 litre engine is a bit past their recomended range.....unless you have 4 cats and 4 mufflers and small cam. Seems like after 22-24lbs they will be nothing more then heat pumps.

I read your thread and respect the ammount of work. There are easier ways to get big power but I like the uniqueness of your project. Also I am no turbo expert and only know bits and pieces I have picked up over the years and thats why I ask if thats the best compressor size for you power goals.
Seems a large trim snail would allow for considerable lest boost but allow for the same HP numbers.

Boost

Turbos chosen to feed 2-2.5 litres each. Similar equipment to what I used (just one) a number of years ago to make 30+ PSI feeding a 2300 Ford. I had great fun with Cor-Vet-Ees.

This is an evolving project. We'll see what we'll see.:D

(No cats, no mufflers, and a set of four cams ground and installed to give me 115 degree centers and a little more lift than stock. Four inch down-pipes less than two feet long produce zero back pressure. Although the delivery portion of the hot sides will be insulated, this is a remote dual installation and the hot sides of the turbos are sized with this in mind. The cold sides will breathe through NACA ducts in the rear quarter panels)

KS

Last edited:
Anger Management

Just saw a Mark VIII in the scene on the bridge.

This stupid ass thread got started again?

If a credible dictionary redefined a term today, that is the definition that I'd choose to use from here on out. Languages change to become more adaptable to the current time, let's not forget how confusing the King James Bible is to some when at a time it was plain english. When the dictionary becomes "wrong", I don't care enough to be right.

Car against car

:lol:...So while I would easily have him in 1/4 mile and on a road course he will more then likely best me by 10 MPH on a mile run. Meh, its cool what hes doing but to call me out in a mile race is like a professional sharp shooter calling someone out to a 500 yard shootoff with them using a Remington 700 and the other guy using a 44 six shooter. :lol:

First, let's agree that this whole discussion is all in fun and NO hostility is intended.

On the other hand, suspension on my LS is by Koni double adjustable coil overs at all corners, and sway bars are circle-track sourced, gun-drilled pieces with bolt-on ends and heim-jointed links. Brakes by Wilwood. Tires are Pilot Sport P-2s on 18 inch Verde Kaos wheels. The last road-racing I had to do with was with my Austin Healey.

My drag racing has been some years in the past, and includes, more than anything else such things as an original '68 Cobra Jet Mustang---we held the SS E Automatic National Record for most of the first season---a Tunnel-Port powered Thunderbolt, a '67 Mustang, also TP-powered, a blown-gas '55 chibby, etc.
Trying to modulate the 400+ HP of spray/methanol off the line, with the LS, without blowing the tires away would likely be the problem. It would take an entirely different program than what'll be used for everything else. I don't have any intention to drag-race the LS.

I'm not sure you'd be able to beat me at anything---LS to MK VIII.:)

KS

i cant believe this thread hasnt died yet. haha the all do respect disrespect thing comes up again

He must have nothing to do before the start of tornado season.

Maxton

Then hop in your car and lets run! :lol:

See you at Maxton!

This is degenerating into a pissing contest. However:

Since I'm using the methanol and nitrous oxide as both a chemicals-based intercooler and also a way of increasing the 'octane' rating of otherwise 94-rated pump gas in addition to the torque increase, they need to be coordinated with the boost. In land speed racing it's usual to 'granny' off the line---a hole shot is unnecessary and counter-productive. A different 'tune' would be necessary for drag racing.

For those of us who pay attention to spelling, the DUE was capitalized to emphasize that while there might exist some degree of question regarding some of the proceedings, in my view this was intended to be a mild and somewhat light-hearted 'agreement to disagree'. As such, politeness and respect is, of necessity, to be observed. Nuances are sometimes lost on the peanut gallery! :)

KS

WTF are you blabbin' about?

/disrespect.

:lol:

Laser said in the top speed thread "And why do people say "no offense" right before they say something to offend? Its like saying "With all due respect" when you are about to disrespect someone."

See you at Maxton!

This is degenerating into a pissing contest. However:

Since I'm using the methanol and nitrous oxide as both a chemicals-based intercooler and also a way of increasing the 'octane' rating of otherwise 94-rated pump gas in addition to the torque increase, they need to be coordinated with the boost. In land speed racing it's usual to 'granny' off the line---a hole shot is unnecessary and counter-productive. A different 'tune' would be necessary for drag racing.

For those of us who pay attention to spelling, the DUE was capitalized to emphasize that while there might exist some degree of question regarding some of the proceedings, in my view this was intended to be a mild and somewhat light-hearted 'agreement to disagree'. As such, politeness and respect is, of necessity, to be observed. Nuances are sometimes lost on the peanut gallery! :)

KS
Ugh. No pissing contest going on here. I just say lets run them and see whats what. You said my car cant beat you in the quarter or on a road course. So, lets see what happens. Come over here or meet half way. I may beat you I may not.

Just so you have a better idea how much better your car is on a course let me tell you about my minor mods.

IRS brace, firewall brace, k-member brace, Addco front and rear sway bars, poly bushings, suspension computer, 275 series tires (Yoko S-Drive), Cobra brakes, x-pipe, Borla full exhaust, CAI, 2.2 KB blowe, SCT tune (custom by me), supporting fuel mods, T-Loc with 4 clutches, 3.73's and a few other mods here and there.

Car is ready to run right this second. So lets run next weekend. Im ready.

Now I am sure you are gonna say the car is down or something and you have to wait till Summer when you have a pair of turbos and Jag engine. Thats cool. Ill still run you on a drag track or road course. Should let you know my engine will have near double the power it has now with a forged stroker block and will also have Konis all the way around and a stall convertor. I wont have as much power as you but I bet I take you in the 1/4 and on a road course. :)

Internet racing is fun!! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back