Who is more likely to articulate a written comprehensible sentence?

Who is more likely:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats. You know how to use the spell checker.

made_you_a_cookie_eated_it.jpg

I like the LS. I like the Mark VIII. I like the Mark VII. I like the Mark VI. I like the Mark V. I like the Mark IV. I like the Mark III. And I looooove the Mark II. I'm just a Lincoln guy (technically, the Mark II isn't a "Lincoln", though). I like Continentals (the RWD ones), Town Cars, Town Coupes, Premieres, Capri's, Cosmopolitans, Zephyrs, Versailles', and all other cars made by Lincoln, except the wrong-wheel-drive ones. If I had my way, I'd have one of every RWD model ever made by Lincoln.

I like the Mark V - probably my favorite of the Mark series. Can't stand the VI, though. :yuck:

And of course, the modern crap makes me :sleep:

best mark ever:

1331994923ljpg.jpg

Not a fan of the spoke wheel but she is a beauty

best mark ever:

1331994923ljpg.jpg

Not a fan of the spoke wheel but she is a beauty

:DThat's not a Mark. It's a Continental. A '66 or '67 from the looks of it. But the old suicide door Connies were awesome! I used to have a '62 Connie in forrest green with white leather and suicide doors. And I agree with you on the wheels. I'm not a fan.

I like spokes on old cars. You guys must be stuck in the hubcap days. Bunch of old men, I say... ;)

:DThat's not a Mark. It's a Continental. A '66 or '67 from the looks of it. But the old suicide door Connies were awesome! I used to have a '62 Connie in forrest green with white leather and suicide doors. And I agree with you on the wheels. I'm not a fan.

My bad.

thought the four doors were also called marks.

Continental_Mark_IItherealmark.jpg

my favorite ford ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know about william clay fords personal mark ii? it was remotored at ford with a 460 and disc brakes put on it i looked everywhere for a good video but could not find one. It was at pebble beach one year and was considered a factory built car cooool history.

it is the last car in this video
YouTube - The Fords' Continental Mark II's (Henry II, Benson and William Clay Sr.)

As opposed to... 2 door public coupes? :lol:

No, Mark VIII's are most oriented to the driver, even though they are luxury cars, this makes them personal coupes. As opposed to general luxury cars, which are luxurious for all the passengers, like Town Cars or Sedan DeVilles being a rider's car and is comfortable for multiple passengers. Luxury comfort, I mean. Marks are suitable for passengers, but we are talking purpose, so, personal luxury coupes, that's what I meant to say. :)

coupe 1 |koōp| (also coupé |koōˈpā|)
noun
1 a car with a fixed roof and two doors.
2 historical a four-wheeled enclosed carriage for two passengers and a driver.
3 historical an end compartment in a railroad car, with seats on only one side.

Town cars and Sedan DeVilles, coupes they are not.

I understand what you meant. I was merely giving you a hard time about the 2 door coupe comment. All coupes have two doors! :p

I understand what you meant. I was merely giving you a hard time about the 2 door coupe comment. All coupes have two doors! :p

I would tend to agree with the idea that coupe = 2 doors. Some people disagree, applying the word "coupe" to cars like this:

Mercedes%20CLS%20Class.jpg

You guys missed my point. I used Town Cars and Sedan Devilles as examples of non-personal luxury cars, I was not implying they were anything other than sedans. I know you were razzing me frogman, it's no big deal I just wanted to be clear, I failed, but it was an intention... :(

I would tend to agree with the idea that coupe = 2 doors. Some people disagree, applying the word "coupe" to cars like this:

Mercedes%20CLS%20Class.jpg

True, but no one ever said Mercedes owners are the brightest.

You guys missed my point. I used Town Cars and Sedan Devilles as examples of non-personal luxury cars, I was not implying they were anything other than sedans. I know you were razzing me frogman, it's no big deal I just wanted to be clear, I failed, but it was an intention... :(

It's ok. You getZ a chocolate Kookie.

Members online

Back