Whats broke on your car?

Ok, I'll also add that the oil pan is rusty but doesn't leak. Won't get replaced unless it starts gushing.

Drivers side door lock actuator is noisy when chilly.

Majority of the issues are cold related. :(

- telescoping only works if I push the steering wheel upward, if not, the tilt button's up/down does not work..

- ballast

- blend

- on the seat, reclining only works half the time. All other movements work.

- oil leak, probably coming from the oil pressure switch (adapter gasket area is bone dry)

- broken rear O2 thanks to the exhaust guy. Discounted it from the bill, but I haven't gotten around to buying a new sensor.

Seems that the lasagna trim had been replaced before I got the car, so that's awesome.

Saggy, I am running Bosch oxygen sensors without issue. I would personally not run cheapies. Might as well get good ones.

The 95
-ABS Senssor
-Paint/Body
-Driver's DP
-Rear sway bar mounting
-Rear shocks mounting

-Allot of afterrmarket parts taking up space in my garage that I cant install because I just bought a house.
-BOC
-X pipe
-Mufflers
-Sub Frame Braces
-Diff Brace
-CE steering Wheel
-And lots of small stock replacment parts because I like new/shinny working stuff

broke stuff

AC lines behind the dash leaking.Sway bar links need replacing and wont pass emissions.Other than that its bitchin.Oh yeah and oil leak at sending unit.

AC lines behind the dash leaking.Sway bar links need replacing and wont pass emissions.Other than that its bitchin.Oh yeah and oil leak at sending unit.

Why r u having trouble passing emissions? Is the CEL on? Has the exhaust been modified?

Well you guys already saw my list, but I'm starting to change my mind after reading this because it seems worth all the effort in the world to restore a car with no lasagna!

Urgent issues:
Outer tie rod ends have torn boots and are beginning to clunk a tiny bit...

Minor nagging faults:
Lasagna
Power antenna could be replaced
A couple dash lights are out
Sunroof doesn't always want to dip down to retract (probably only needs screws to be readjusted)
Wet oil pan
Possibly needs accumulator and spring to be replaced in the valve body (always shifts soft, never any tire chirps:( )
Driveshaft vibrations abpove 75 mph (I have a '93 shaft awaiting new U-joints and a balance)

After I bought it for $2300, I found replacement used front shock assemblies for $60, then rebuilt all the front end wear parts save for tie-rod ends and forward strut rod bushings and it has fared well. At less than 105k miles, there are many more years to go! :)

Where to start?

2012-12-26170703.jpg

My worst problem is there are only 2 pedals to drive with, and the shifter can't move sideways. :p

Black '97

*Dreaded "Gear Data Display Error" (Going to be fixing that soon)
*Rear brakes (DITTO)
*Little red light fixture at the bottom of the Driver's side door comes loose every 3-4 days. (I'm LAZY)
*Passenger side seat track - has its moments when it only comes forward 1/2 way.
*Needs paint (Also fixing that VERY SOON - I'm biting my nails, Car will undergo its transformation in 2-3 weeks.)

Everything else works as it should.

Prairie Tan

*Bought it with perfect leather but my fat @ss is starting to ruin the left side of the driver's seat.

*Other than that, this car is near perfect, 99.9% perfect interior (Has CE Upgrades) etc...

Everything on this car works as it should.

looks like a great start. now to pull that terminator motor for a baddddd mark8

I am in complete agree-ance with this gentleman.

Saggy, I am running Bosch oxygen sensors without issue. I would personally not run cheapies. Might as well get good ones.

I would love to get those as front O2 replacements in the near future, but for use as rear O2's, I think it would be waste as the rear's don't do much but to tell the ECM that the cats are working. I don't believe the rear's do anything to improve emissions other than that.

Ok, my passenger side headlight ballast went bad but luckily I had an extra pair of slim digital ballasts. I swapped them both out and was good to go again. I need new hood struts but didn't know until tonight. While I was on the last ballast, the damn hood came down and hit me in the back of the head. Wasn't hard but enough to piss me off. I didn't push it up far enough apparently because when I pushed it back up all the way, it stayed. I still don't trust them to hold. Easy and cheap fix.

Clockspring, have the part will fix soon.

Moon Roof, new gaskets soon, have that too.

Throws, very rarely, a CEL 39 which is clutches in the torque converter. I will J-mod soon as I have the parts.

Air System Warnings. I will be fixing the "coil" problem in the spring.

Occasional clunk/pop from the front end I just did.

Needs an alignment.

Tach needs replaced. I have another but it's cold out.

Couple running lights out in trunk lid

Roof has the dreaded dead clearcoat.

Hood needs paint too...

Members online

No members online now.
Back