Whats broke on your car?

mossbergman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just though of this thread idea. Everybody here has a mark, and that more than likely means something is broke on it. its part of owing one of these >14 year old beasts.
Heres a short list of my issues
-broke blend door
-broke ebrake cable
-headlight out due to scil
-rattles like a mf due to **** exhaust
-leaky oil filter adaptor
-broke halfshaft
-its slow, has underpowered brakes

- Very small valve cover gasket leak which will be repaired after the first when my silly female mind makes up what color to have the covers powder coated.
- Day/night sensor non-functional

That's it!!!!!

The normal winter/cold issues:

Leaky Radiator and a hose -Very minor-
Creaking uca or lca bushings

Things i'll get around too:

Front shocks are a little soft
Rusty section on rear brake line- Not leaking though.

Thats all I can think of atm. Have had the radiator and shocks for a while but will probably wait till the spring to do them. Other than those few select things she's perfect inside and out.. All typical Mark issues work. :cool:

If you were to ask me the same question this time last year I would've had a better list. :)

- blend door
- doesn't shift past 2nd
- windshield cracked most of the way across
- hail damage

It's a project I wish I had more time for. The transmission and windshield should be taken care of before spring, the blend door is a non issue, and the hail damage will be repaired in time.

1) Driver's Side Motor Mount
2) That STUPID "Low Washer Fluid" SENSOR !!!
3) Electric Seats

Needs upper control arms and lower bushings
bags leak down
small oil leak
But is sits for winter so no biggie till next year.

Leaky trans line fitting at radiator, sh*tty 1st gen door panels separating with small cracks on arm rest, clogged cat(s)..looking for door panels STILL, exhaust will be changed soon with gutted cats, going to eliminate factory trans cooler and put in an aux trans cooler. Hopefully will be all be fixed by spring. Oh and can't forget about lasagna on back window..if that counts..never ending list.

Blend door
Moon roof track
Neon ballast
Wiper gear set
Seats seem slow to me, and the telescope forgets to come out during entry assist sometimes

I see some of your responses and remember I have those too. This thread was a depressing terrible idea lol

2) That STUPID "Low Washer Fluid" SENSOR !!!

You need another bottle, because your float is broke. I have one if you need.

My driver's seat don't move as quickly as I would like for it to move, and my telecoping steering wheel don't go up and down.

Funny this thread should pop up just as I am changing a Flat tire!

Aside from that I need to fix my windshield washer low fluid always on. Then the front joints have just started creaking 2weeks ago (car only has 60k!). Then the tilt steering doesn't tilt and last but not least one of the cup holder arms is broken off.

I think that about covers it with my latest Lincoln :shifty:

Oh ya, cupholder! Crap!!! See, I tend to overlook things that I don't care about. The cupholders are in such a stupid location that I never use them.

I like all these "nothings" when I'm sure those cars don't look like they did when they rolled off the showroom floors almost 20 years ago although I have to admit, a lot of y'all are so proud of your cars, they may be BETTER than when new !!! I have to admit, once I fix the motor mount, seats and that stupid light - I guess that's it. No, mine isn't showroom condition (it has 217,000 miles on it lol), but it looks pretty good. Couple of small clear coat bad spots, couple of mods here and there ;) .

A lot seem to complain about "lasagna" around the rear window. I guess mine has been covered most of it's life, cause my back window looks good. I have some other cosmetic stuff I'll be fixing - new carpet, headliner, and seats would be nice!

You need another bottle, because your float is broke. I have one if you need.

How much to 32359?

my timing chain is making noise..

The more people see my car, the more they can't believe it's 15 years old. It is a super sweet garage queen also with no lasagne. I got very lucky with this one. The interior is outstanding with just very minor wear on the driver's seat bolster. And the stereo system seriously eclipses the factory one... as well as the sensor lowered ride height... and the red calipers... and the LMS mufflers... and the tint... and the engine bay... and the LEDs... :L

Neon ballast...Have replacement
Drivers side seat trim. Good luck to me.
Center console lighter.

The more people see my car, the more they can't believe it's 15 years old. It is a super sweet garage queen also with no lasagne. I got very lucky with this one. The interior is outstanding with just very minor wear on the driver's seat bolster. And the stereo system seriously eclipses the factory one... as well as the sensor lowered ride height... and the red calipers... and the LMS mufflers... and the tint... and the engine bay... and the LEDs... :L

Congrats! Sounds like a sweet ride! I've had a couple of ppl ask me about mine and can't believe it's a '95, either - once at a gas station and once at the post office. I just started driving it more and more, so I think that will happen more often especially after I get it where I want it (new paint & interior).

Merry Christmas, everyone! Long Live the Mark VIII's !!!! :D

functionally?
the diff seal was leaking a little. i'm currently fixing that. but its too dang cold right now.
minor oil leak. the pan is always wet. i never see drops.
trans fluid leak. slightly bigger. i do find drops. i think one of the lines to my cooler is leaking.

other stuff? well the interior is trashed, rear window seal, cracked windshield, rust, needs paint, blah blah blah.

runs good though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back