Whats broke on your car?

1998 I purchased in NV last Aug. with 117,000 miles on it, there is not one single spot of rust on the whole car. Currenly parked for the winter in the shed ready for mods.

Broken stuff:
Speed Control and horn, have a new clock spring to put in.
Neon, Have not looked into it yet, not high on the list.
Broken driver seat trim, seat functions fine so going to try and repair it over the winter.
Door button entry thing does not work.

Not broke but getting changed this winter anyway:
I have a trac Lock and 4:10's ready to go in.
Sct xcal 2 ready to send to Lonnie
Magna Xpipe muffler and dual kit ready to get working on.
93 drive shaft.

Nothing major that I can think of really. No lasagna because the rear window is fairly new and has been in the garage for the past 3 years, for the most part. I do have the popping sound behind the EATC for about 2 min but after it's warmed up, that's gone. Not even worth complaining about. My third cat does stink if I get on it but all that is about to be gone and replaced with Magnaflow muffled X and Magnaflow mufflers, new tips and 2.5 SS mandrel bent pipe.

I need a new windshield. Mine has little pits all in it but I'll get that done this Spring.

once I fix the motor mount,
if you do both sides,and you should, remember that alot of aftermarket pass side mounts (ex. AZ) have a center bolt that is 1/4'' long and prevents the k-frame from going back in place

-the brown one: front pump seal tranny leak
-the white one: need to reinstall o.f.a. with new gask; repair rad; redo headlights, new tires, blend door, coils (just bought it, more repairs tbd)

Aside from the lasagna rear window trim, absolutely nothing! In the 3+ years I've owned it, it needed a fuel pump, starter, and Jamie did the blend door. Other than cosmetic stuff and fluid changes, that's all I've done. That's why its My Great 8!!

I have a bulb out in the rear light bar, and my passenger side window motor has been acting funny. Other than that, she's solid!

14 items on the 98 i just bought. all minor except the airride and valve covers. i make a list and fix as i can. only the 2 i listed keep it from bing a driver.
my 97 DD it needs the oil filter adapter and has a small trans leak from the pan.
the rear bumper needs replaced or repainted due to a rearend impact. rear weatherstrip.
replace swaybar endlinks.

went outside to work on the airride, wife threatened violance. so i sit here surfing and watching santa clause 2

went outside to work on the airride, wife threatened violance. so i sit here surfing and watching santa clause 2

Don't you hate that? Daniela gets on to me about working on the car, but she usually doesn't like the answer I give her.....

if it wasnt for her i wouldnt have got this car. she told me to quit drooling over the car as i drove by. she told me go check and i brought it home a week latter. it was supposed to be a parts car for my97 lsc. but its too nice so it will be brought up to DD status and the white 97 becomes the fun car.

Last edited:
if it want for her i wouldnt have got this car. she told me to quit drooling over the car as i drove by. she told me go check and i brought it home a week latter. it was supposed to be a parts car for my97 lsc. but its too nice so it will be brought up to DD status and the white 97 becomes the fun car.

Nice! There is a white Thunderbird Sport Coupe I think around 1993 MY that I've been driving by for over 4 years. It's down on 4 flat tires and dirty as all get out because it's been sitting forever, but I still drool over it.

Someday when I get some Benjamins in my pocket, I'm gonna see if I can't get it. After I get it home, I'll decide whether to restore or part it out.

where do I start

interior issues :
telescoping portion of column
blend door
needs new interior speakers
drivers seat has a small tear

exterior :
minor rust on door bottoms
small spot of rust on rockers
scratches needs a buff
rear window tint
headlights are due for a buff

mechanically:
oil filter adapter housing gasket
slight exhaust leak
valve cover gaskets (minor leaks around COP)
evap emissions leak CEL
abs unit
LF crash sensor
rf sway bar link
air bags in front
alignment

The 93...
  • trans dipstick leak
  • clockspring
  • e-brake cable(s)

the '96...
  • oil filter adapter gasket
  • drivers door interior panel
  • windshield washer fluid level sensor

The 'mod' list is much longer. LOL :D

The 93...
  • trans dipstick leak
  • clockspring
  • e-brake cable(s)

the '96...
  • oil filter adapter gasket
  • drivers door interior panel
  • windshield washer fluid level sensor

The 'mod' list is much longer. LOL :D

And I thought I was the lone ranger with the broke ebrake cables :D

And I thought I was the lone ranger with the broke ebrake cables :D

It's not necessarily 'broke', it just hangs and doesn't release properly.

I have new cables (I think), simply need to just 'do it'. I would like a new slack adjuster though.

I have new cables (I think), simply need to just 'do it'. I would like a new slack adjuster though.

Sounds like pedal assembly

Lets see, oil filter adapter gasket leaking, instrument panel trim cracked, power window buttons pushed down into the door panel, console lid spring broke, p/s cup holder broke, clearcoat flaking, neon not working, traction control engages intermittently (aggravating, as hell when I forget to turn it off:D), d/s door lock button doesn't work, left cruise control button lights burnt out, d/s inner door handle light burnt out, I could probably list a few other things, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head:)

97: Nothing that I know of or can find with the exception of a minor cold-start issue in the tune. Performance-wise I think there is a lot of issues though. :p

98:

*Blower motor
*Lasagna window trim
*Heated seat for driver's side doesn't work
*Neon ballast is out
*Burns oil
*Clunking from right side front wheel most likely associated to SRBs (which I do have)
*Doesn't like to keep traction on street tires. LOL

Aside from all of that, the 98 still goes like a bat out of hell and is still taking 7,000rpm shifts without a problem at over 155K miles. "Oh, your Honda can rev out to 9,000? That's nice." :rolleyes:

Sounds like pedal assembly

mine does the exact same.

its one of the cables. i can pull on it with the vice grips back by the tire and release it.
until then all the cable hangs under the car.

Reading the rest of this thread makes me feel really good about my car.

:p

1. blend door
2. ash tray cover
3. neon ballast
4. driver backward/fowars seat track movement
5. engine

Members online

No members online now.
Back