What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

fan quit again. Overheated while i was jump starting the 69 cougar.
Shut it down and cooled it off. Checked later, fan isn't running.
Check plug for power. 14 volts at the plug.
Hot wired the fan. Fan won't spin.. Dead fan motor. Reads several thousands of ohms in resistance.
Order fan motor. Start removing fan.
Plastic pieces of radiator explode in my hands. Say bad words. Order radiator.
Borrow ls to go to school.
I hate old plastic cooling pieces.

+1.

Installed TRW lower ball joints and stabilizer links to the front suspension. Also Energy Suspension bushings to the rear suspension.

I'm having a light thud/clunk coming from my front/driver side. Could that be the ball joints that commonly make that noise or is it something else?

Going to order my LCA's and a P/S UCA and strut rod bushings prolly next week when we get our tax return back. The squeaking in my front end is becoming literally unbearable. I have to turn the radio wide open to drown it out. It pi$$es me off soooooooooooo bad! Those front end components are less than a year old!!! And I still can't park it because my stepson's still driving my Exploder cuz his frakkin' POS Japanese wrong-wheel-drive Honda from hell has a bad alternator. I'll also be getting an alt for the Acorn next week and installing it when I get the time. I've looked at it and OMG what a PITA! The power steering pump has to be moved out of the way and has Honda ever heard of a serpentine belt??? There are at least two belts, maybe three on this stupid car. And no spring loaded tensioners. Honda has these complicated looking tensioner bolts on the p/s pump and alt that you have to tighten to adjust the belt tension. And the dam engine is sideways and space is tight as heck. Did I mention that I FVCKIN HATE FVCKIN JAPANESE WRONG-WHEEL-DRIVE FVCKIN SHYTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the off topic rant. I'm frustrated.

Going to order my LCA's and a P/S UCA and strut rod bushings prolly next week when we get our tax return back. The squeaking in my front end is becoming literally unbearable. I have to turn the radio wide open to drown it out. It pi$$es me off soooooooooooo bad! Those front end components are less than a year old!!! And I still can't park it because my stepson's still driving my Exploder cuz his frakkin' POS Japanese wrong-wheel-drive Honda from hell has a bad alternator. I'll also be getting an alt for the Acorn next week and installing it when I get the time. I've looked at it and OMG what a PITA! The power steering pump has to be moved out of the way and has Honda ever heard of a serpentine belt??? There are at least two belts, maybe three on this stupid car. And no spring loaded tensioners. Honda has these complicated looking tensioner bolts on the p/s pump and alt that you have to tighten to adjust the belt tension. And the dam engine is sideways and space is tight as heck. Did I mention that I FVCKIN HATE FVCKIN JAPANESE WRONG-WHEEL-DRIVE FVCKIN SHYTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the off topic rant. I'm frustrated.

Did you get a warranty of your front end parts?? Most of the Moog stuff I buy at the parts houses are Lifetime warranty and they swap them out over and over no problem?? I'd be pissed too, if I had to re-buy all those parts within a year....just curious

Did you get a warranty of your front end parts?? Most of the Moog stuff I buy at the parts houses are Lifetime warranty and they swap them out over and over no problem?? I'd be pissed too, if I had to re-buy all those parts within a year....just curious

I'll have to check on that. I got the parts off fleabay. Made by a company called XCP. Probably cheap Chinese junk. That's what I get for buying the cheapo stuff. The USA made UCA I had to get for the D/S when the XCP part started squeaking is still perfectly fine after about 8 months while the XCP P/S UCA's grease boot has disintegrated. The lower ball joints "look" fine. No tears in the boot, no leaking grease, nothing out of the ordinary. But they creak like crazy! And they've been binding up lately. So I'm worried that they're gonna fall out every time I drive the car. Cheap stuff sucks.

I think my IAC may be acting up. This morning the car just cut off with me three times. Once at the end of my driveway when I stopped, it just cut off. Then again on my way to work going through the drive thru at McDonald's it cut off. Next, it did it after I put gas in it. And it didn't want to start back up. I had to press the gas pedal a little bit to get it to fire up. Then it idled up to about 2500 for a few seconds and settled back down again. Ran fine after that. I'm getting ready to go out for lunch and see if it does it again. Good thing it's a GEN2:D

Fp or fpr?

That also crossed my mind. The fuel pump, as far as I know, is original (198K miles). But it only happens when I'm slowing or stopped with my foot off the gas. If the IAC isn't opening properly, it would cut off airflow to the intake with the throttle closed, causing it to shut off (if I'm remembering correctly how it works).

for the stalling maybe, but the random high idle sounds like stuck iac to me.

clean it, if it helps, get a new one.

That's what I'm going to do this weekend. I hope that's it. It has never done that before and IAC was the first thing that came to mind.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a set of Moog or TRW LCA's for a reasonable price. I don't want to go with the "Made in Lower Mongolia by 5 year olds in a sweat shop" junk, but I can't afford $150 a pop for Moog LCA's from the parts store. Thanks.

Can somwone tell me why you guy's just don't opt to switch the bj? A moog lbj is like 30 bucks.

Is it just to simplify install?

Can somwone tell me why you guy's just don't opt to switch the bj? A moog lbj is like 30 bucks.

Is it just to simplify install?

I don't have the tools to press the BJ in/out. It's easier just to get the whole control arm. And I've got to replace the strut rod bushings anyway. So I'm just doing the whole shebang.

I have the tools to change the balljoint and I still don't. There isn't much meat around it with the factory arm and its a huge PITA at least to me. The few extra bucks for lifetime arms and never having to deal with it is worth it to me.

-Alan

Hose thawed out so I spraying her down. Figured wth and did the underside too, dirty job but the salt's gone.

She hasn't looked this good in 3 month's.

Yeeis! I received my Nitto's for the Bullitts. Now I need to figure out where to get them mounted this weekend.. Any locals have thoughts on a good place to get mounted? Preferably a shop that has no 3 year old children working on cars and has the latest mounting/balancing machines.

i gave the 94 pearlescent a new home, now im in the market for a 99+ fwd continental..otherwise i can concentrate on the c/e and give her the time she deserves..

Yeeis! I received my Nitto's for the Bullitts. Now I need to figure out where to get them mounted this weekend.. Any locals have thoughts on a good place to get mounted? Preferably a shop that has no 3 year old children working on cars and has the latest mounting/balancing machines.

Anywhere with a Hunter "Road Force gsp9700".

http://www.gsp9700.com/search/findgsp9700.cfm

size

What size did you settle on may i ask? --- looking at nittos too -- well all of them - i love the tread on the nitto.

As per all the suggestions, I went with 245/45 & 275/40 18's. Ordered them through discounttiredirect and everything came out to about $774 with free shipping. There goes my paycheck!

Members online

No members online now.
Back