What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

i was going to do that but they said they were out of the 18x10's and not getting more. that was november. oh well i also wanted black instead of the silver, what color is your 97?

They said they had one pair of the 18x10's left so I grabbed them. I think they are the charcoal painted ones. I could always get them painted in a light silver later on. Shouldn't look too bad on a dark navy blue.

Maybe they were just out of the black ones?

They said they had one pair of the 18x10's left so I grabbed them. I think they are the charcoal painted ones. I could always get them painted in a light silver later on. Shouldn't look too bad on a dark navy blue.

Maybe they were just out of the black ones?

didnt make black was what i was told. i LOVE the look of that deep dish in the rear. i found a couple alternatives, just have to wait. have to stick to the list. gears,then paint. unless of course the "deal" pops up you know!

I suggest you love it being parked at the end of your drive, and not IN your drive.

Looks like it's gonna sit on the lot for a while longer. He wants $3K for it:eek: My jaw almost litterally dropped when he said that. I was speechless. I know they didn't import a lot of them, and the car only lasted 3 model years, but sheesh! It's not like it's a rare ultra-valuable collectible or anything. The guy couldn't even tell me how many miles were on it, just that it was "over 100K" And there are several little things wrong with the car (missing PW switches, bad A/C compressor, weak battery, bad front window regulators, etc.). I told him he was not going to get that price for it, at least not from me anyway. Oh well.

On an even less positive note, I think my oil filter adapter gasket is definitely leaking. The oil smell is back. And there's still oil dripping off the brand new oil pressure sending unit I installed. Yay me:(

Jeez, looks like both of us have mysterious susp noises and ofag issues..

Except mines w/ a little coolant, not oil.

My "Low Oil Level" warning came on this morning:( So I stopped and put a bottle of Lucas oil treatment with stop leak in it. Probably won't do a bit of good, but at least it will have enough oil in it until I can fix it:)

you should see some of the stuff that comes across at mecum. ive watched early 90's vettes go for 5g. a firehawk firebird want for 9g yesterday.theres always stragglers you can get killer deals on, no marks though.

Getting the tint done. Notice I didn't say got tint done. The tint guys said that in the 20 years he has been doing tint, mine is the worst baked on tint he has every dealt with. :D
I have to take it back tomorrow for him to finish. I knew the back window would be a bitch to get off, because it is just nasty.

Tint is done and looks great. I can see out the back window now!

Looked at how frakkin' dirty she was this morning. Then drove to work. It's been too dang cold and rainy lately to wash anything. And I live down a dirt road, so washing would not have done a bit of good the past few days. The sun's finally back out again. Maybe she'll get a bath this weekend.

burned up tranny:mad:

Oh man that sucks...:(

I'm waiting for mine to go. It's starting to shift a little funny. I'm going to change the fluid/filter this weekend and see what happens. It should be pretty well flushed out by now. I've had the car for 3 years (182K miles when I got it) and this will be the fourth fluid/filter change I've done. I've been changing the fluid/filter every time it starts shifting funny (usually just "clunking" into 4th and shifting hard into 2nd). I haven't done the 1-2 accumulator upgrade yet because it hasn't started shuddering. Before I got it, it had never been changed. The little plastic dipstick plug was still in the pan when I took it down the first time:eek:

Turned

Just turned over 46,000 miles in the 94 - no issues - can't wait to get my wheels - looking at big tires - i hate skinny side walls so im wondering how 235/50/18 and 265/50/18 would look? they are 27 inches tall and 29 inches tall --- big tires.

Just turned over 46,000 miles in the 94 - no issues - can't wait to get my wheels - looking at big tires - i hate skinny side walls so im wondering how 235/50/18 and 265/50/18 would look? they are 27 inches tall and 29 inches tall --- big tires.

245 45 18 front
275 40 18 rear
stock height, common sizes, fit with little/no issues.

Does anybody know the exact "shop time" for the oil filter adap gasket?

Does anybody know the exact "shop time" for the oil filter adap gasket?

That's a good question. When mine started leaking on the '96, I took it to the shop that I use and they told me it would take 3-4 hours because the P/S pump and steering rack had to come out and the engine had to be jacked up off the motor mounts and it was a huge PITA. The total cost was going to come out to about $300 bucks including alignment. I laughed at them and walked out. Then I did it in my driveway in about an hour without moving anything out of the way. Only cost me $7 for the gasket.

That's a good question. When mine started leaking on the '96, I took it to the shop that I use and they told me it would take 3-4 hours because the P/S pump and steering rack had to come out and the engine had to be jacked up off the motor mounts and it was a huge PITA. The total cost was going to come out to about $300 bucks including alignment. I laughed at them and walked out. Then I did it in my driveway in about an hour without moving anything out of the way. Only cost me $7 for the gasket.

I'm tempted to tackle it myself. Between the mess and frustration i'd prob be better off paying my mech buddy 50-60 bucks.

I was going to do it on my 97, back in 2008, when I first bought it, but ran into some time constraints and needed the car working IMMEDIATELY. I called around and the place down the street did it for $60 in about an hour. I brought them the gasket, a couple gallons of coolant, and some oil...

After month's and month's and month's of listening to the same annoying whining noise coming from the engine, I finally decided to pop the hood and investigate. Within second's I determained that it was the tensioner. Would a bad tensioner effect voltage (read's fine on the dmm @ idle) at all? I noticed that all the light's would dim if I rolled down the windows ect. I never noticed it w/ my old 130k alt.

It's about 50 bucks from Autozone and Pb's (Dayco)

Rockauto has the Dorman for 34 shipped. Anyone have exp with them?

Other choices are the dayco @ 38 shipped and a Goodyear @ 46 shipped.

Good/bad?

Edit: Found a Goodyear on ebay for $29. That's the best deal i've found thus far.

I was going to do it on my 97, back in 2008, when I first bought it, but ran into some time constraints and needed the car working IMMEDIATELY. I called around and the place down the street did it for $60 in about an hour. I brought them the gasket, a couple gallons of coolant, and some oil...

You can't go wrong imho paying under 100 bucks labor for this job. Gasket, oil change stuff and antifreeze will run you just under of 50. To some people such as myself, it's worth paying to have it done for peace of mind, non bloodied knuckels and a clean garage floor.

PB's quoted me 375 for the whole shebang..In that case I'd just do it myself.

If he can do it for that price, I'd go for it. It really is a messy and frustrating job.

I took mine to a shop for that. Reason being that the shop had no idea that you had to replace all the coolant and all the oil (unless you had 2 clean drain pans and a new filter.) So I paid the guy $50 (.5hr at $45, plus a $5 tip due to lulz,) handed him the gasket, hid my smile, and was very happy with the end result. He was a bit mad that he had to put in $30 of fluids and spend a whole $90 hour doing the job... But on flat rate, you win some, you lose some...:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back