What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

0f1566df.gif

Ordered my belt tensioner and 2 set's of rear Prothane isolators from es to help fix my saggy ass. So hopefully my threads on said subject will halt :) Next weekend will be a somewhat busy one.

i drove my mark for the first time on the road! I only drove it around a parking lot or bounced it around in front of my house to wash it, let me say i had a smile from ear to ear :) i love this car. it literally put me back in my seat, i was coasting down a road doing around 25-30 mph, then i put my foot down a little and boom i was put back in my seat lol. really fun car to drive

I dove into the oil adapter gasket today , had more trouble with the dang hose clamps than I did doing the gasket . Don't want to admit how long I was under the car but the wife is use to it. Got cold and dark so I'm done for the night . Seems the crossover fill plug is stuck can't seem to budge it afraid I'm gonna strip the square , why couldn't ford make that fit
A 3/8 I will never know .. Any suggestions on getting that loose? Then I can fill the coolant back up and get her going . I've had enough for one day have to finish next day off. Oh ya I did put a new thermostat and oil sensor in it while I was up to my elbows in coolant , this job has to be a right of passage for a mark viii owner .

Seems the crossover fill plug is stuck can't seem to budge it afraid I'm gonna strip the square , why couldn't ford make that fit
A 3/8 I will never know .. Any suggestions on getting that loose?

Heat it up (I use a heat gun) and then use a 3/8" - 1/4" adapter on a 3/8" ratchet, it's less likely to break than a 1/4" ratchet.

HPIM2181.jpg

I dove into the oil adapter gasket today , had more trouble with the dang hose clamps than I did doing the gasket . Don't want to admit how long I was under the car but the wife is use to it. Got cold and dark so I'm done for the night . Seems the crossover fill plug is stuck can't seem to budge it afraid I'm gonna strip the square , why couldn't ford make that fit
A 3/8 I will never know .. Any suggestions on getting that loose? Then I can fill the coolant back up and get her going . I've had enough for one day have to finish next day off. Oh ya I did put a new thermostat and oil sensor in it while I was up to my elbows in coolant , this job has to be a right of passage for a mark viii owner .

I used a giant set of channel locks to break it loose. Was better than stripping the 1/4 hole or breaking that lil ratchet :rolleyes:

Thanks guys I will give those two a shot . After this deal I'm prob gonna pay to have the intake gaskets done got the bank 1 & 2 lean codes goin on sounds like a vacuum cleaner suckin under my hood

Thanks guys I will give those two a shot . After this deal I'm prob gonna pay to have the intake gaskets done got the bank 1 & 2 lean codes goin on sounds like a vacuum cleaner suckin under my hood

My first Gen did same thing. Wound up using a good injector cleaner (don't remember brand) and after resetting codes it never did it again.

Hey it's worth a try , be cheaper than the cost of intake gaskets , thanks. Inspection runs out in April so gotta get that deal seen about , car runs like a spotted ape tho

fan quit again. overheated while i was jump starting the 69 cougar.
shut it down and cooled it off. checked later, fan isn't running.
check plug for power. 14 volts at the plug.
hot wired the fan. fan won't spin.. dead fan motor. reads several thousands of ohms in resistance.
order fan motor. start removing fan.
plastic pieces of radiator explode in my hands. say bad words. order radiator.
borrow LS to go to school.
i hate old plastic cooling pieces.

Finally tackled the blend door today. Still not done putting things back together as I'm also rewiring my head unit with the accompanying Bluetooth, satellite radio/navtrfic modules and adding the back up camera (finally after 2 years of having it sit in my tool box). Also adding some better amp wire for the sub.

Finally tackled the blend door today. Still not done putting things back together as I'm also rewiring my head unit with the accompanying Bluetooth, satellite radio/navtrfic modules and adding the back up camera (finally after 2 years of having it sit in my tool box). Also adding some better amp wire for the sub.

Honestly, I don't see myself tackling the blend door at all, at least not for a couple of years. The little temporary blend door procedure works good enough for me.

Today I ordered some Nitto 555's 245/45/18 and 275/40/18 from discounttiredirect.com for my new Bullitts. Those guys at custom wheel are definitely serious about boxing up their rims. Took me an hour to unwrap everything!

Did UCA's, LCA's, End Links and Coil Conversion on this beauty yesterday..... 94 Black on Black that had a hard life....

IMG_4725.jpg

Jesus, now it's time for some flat black and a corner light...Though I highly doubt the owner gives a shoot.

Jesus, now it's time for some flat black and a corner light...Though I highly doubt the owner gives a shoot.

Owner don't care, just his daily.... trans will be out in the next couple months I'm sure... slipping way bad

Replaced my belt tensioner. Gawd was that thing worn and noisy as fu ck. No more obnoxious, continuous whining. Idler was a little noisy while free spinning it so that'll get replaced after I finish up some of the more important thing's on my list.

It's a $3 part and 1 super easy bolt to get to, quit playin around! LoL

It's a $3 part and 1 super easy bolt to get to, quit playin around! LoL

It's a $20 part at my local auto part stores. I'm ordering a Dorman off rockauto for 12 shipped. Should've ordered both at the same time but didn't know it was worn till I had the belt off.

I couldn't wait to change the tensioner, that's how bad it was.

For anyone needing one I highly recommend the goodyear tensioner off ebay. It was 30 shipped vs. $50 for the Dayco at the local pb or az.

Yep. $20 bucks at Advance Auto/Auto Zone. I replaced both on the '97 a few months ago. Might as well do both at the same time. The idler takes like 1 minute to replace. The tensioner is a little more involved, but not bad.

Yep. $20 bucks at Advance Auto/Auto Zone. I replaced both on the '97 a few months ago. Might as well do both at the same time. The idler takes like 1 minute to replace. The tensioner is a little more involved, but not bad.

The tensioner took maybe 20 start to finish, I wanted to be extra careful taking the bolts out as it was the original. The one with the stud was being abit of a pain but I got it off w/o stripping anything.

Members online

Back