What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I just ordered a set of Falken P255/45/VR17 directional tread's for the Cobra. $400 for the set. The tires on it now are slick as a greased eel:D

I've got Federal Supersteel 595 P245/50/R16 98V directional tread tires on the LSC now. They've got almost 40K miles on them and still look brand new. I paid $260 for the set two years ago. I love the tread pattern, but they're LOUD going down the road.

after much wait,several debugging issues, a toasted tranny took my first issue free drive to carwash this morning. with the tranny done right, and the programmer i actually had to back off on the 1-2 setting becase it chirped at any speed an dumped hard into 2nd if you let off, but all said, now on to other things.had a 'miss' driving us crazy for like week checked all wires, boots, all kinds of vaccuum lines.i think im gonna seafoam the system, still need a dynotune, my off idle throttle response isnt as crisp as it should be,at least major stuff done, thank God.

Busy weekend so far.

Installed my new Prothane isolators in the rear above and below my lowering springs. The ones that were on there were pretty worn, not sure what kind they were. Anyway's, before they were sitting a hair below 26", now they're both around 27" (Front's are both 26"). I do expect them to settle a smidge lower. I'm very pleased so far.

I also met up w/ Philly0420 for my new chrome 20 spokes. He gave me a great deal and they're in fantastic shape.These will be going on once the salt wash's away.I'm using 2 of the tires that came on them in the front and putting my newish pair from the shittiy 10 spokes onto the 20's for the rear.

Thank's again Philly, it was a pleasure meeting you, even if it was for only a couple minutes. :D

P.s. I should've used your gloves, rubbed my eye accidently on the drive home..BURN..

FInally got the Nitto's mounted to my new Bullitts and I'm happy overall.

But I am getting a little rub on the rear/passenger side over large bumps on the highway (over bridges) at the factory highway height.

How tough is it to roll the fenders a little? Does it cost much to rent the device to do this?

275s are rubbing at factory ride height? What offset did you go with? My 285s barely rubbed and I am dropped at least 1.5 inches.

-Alan

275s are rubbing at factory ride height? What offset did you go with? My 285s barely rubbed and I am dropped at least 1.5 inches.

-Alan

Yea it's weird. I guess the Nitto's are a little beefier.

I think the offset for these is +45 but not sure. I can definitely tell you that I can barely put a finger between the wheel and the rear sway bar.

Did the coolant Fill procedure to the letter after oil filter gasket. And I got to drive my mark today .... No mor leaks Yea baby.

Finished polishing the chrome 20 spokes. Did the first one by hand and thought it was good. Busted out the drill and attachment and they got even better. They're ready for spring. :)

Was also able to drive w/ the new isolators in place and I'm quite pleased. Pretty productive weekend.

Rolling fenders

Last time i rolled a fender i used a wood baseball bat - took a couple of hours - little tires on the back to get the bat in and my boy pulled the car up and back -pull up on the bat to get the right load - letting it spin in your hands -- took lots of patience to keep from cracking the paint but it did a superb job man -- haven't tried it on the mark yet but im gonna.

What do you guys think:

DSC01555-800.jpg

DSC01556-800.jpg

DSC01560-800.jpg

I still need to bring it down to earth with an ASHAM8 soon

DSC01555-800.jpg

DSC01556-800.jpg

DSC01560-800.jpg

I think my IAC may be acting up...Good thing it's a GEN2:D

Fp or fpr?

for the stalling maybe, but the random high idle sounds like stuck iac to me.

clean it, if it helps, get a new one.

Finally figured it out (a few days ago:D). It turned out to be one of the PCV vacuum hoses came off the intake. The hose had apparently swolen up and started to work itself free. It finally came off and I couldn't get the car started. Looked under the hood, and there it was. So it's fixed now and running great!:)

Finally figured it out (a few days ago:D). It turned out to be one of the PCV vacuum hoses came off the intake. The hose had apparently swolen up and started to work itself free. It finally came off and I couldn't get the car started. Looked under the hood, and there it was. So it's fixed now and running great!:)

Gotta love those easy fixes.

Magnetico looks great will look awesome with the asham8
And I wish my bullitts were that nice. I wish I had center caps even.

you got the set i was gonna get when they told me they were out. they look great. someone else will have them just have to look.

I'm starting to feel guilty man :Bang

Magnetico looks great will look awesome with the asham8
And I wish my bullitts were that nice. I wish I had center caps even.

Thanks!

The caps are actually chrome but hard to tell with my terrible camera. Kinda wished they had a polished version of them but didn't. They are made by Cragar I believe.

What do you guys think:

View attachment 67311

View attachment 67312

View attachment 67313

I still need to bring it down to earth with an ASHAM8 soon

Me likey!

Just got our tax return back today! Gonna order some goodies for the cars after work. New Moog LCA's, strut rod bushings, P/S UCA, and rear shocks for the Mark, spark plug wires for the Cobra, and an alternator for my stepson's damn stinkin' wrong-wheel-drive sideways engine bastard Honda POS:D

I drove it pretty hard and it feels like the imrc's might've unstuck themselves. Either that or I am trippin on some magic power from the Mark.

Members online

No members online now.
Back