What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I drove it pretty hard and it feels like the imrc's might've unstuck themselves. Either that or I am trippin on some magic power from the Mark.

You know that you can free up the pass side one by hand right? Or do you have a diff issue with them?

I don't think they were stuck, but it sure felt like it gained another 50 ponies.

I was behind some slow poke about 3 car links behind and i floored it and it downshifted and jetted out. I got a little spook because of how quick it jumped and took off and had to really swerve around the guy.

It just felt like it opened up a bit. So I did some 'spirited' driving afterwards and fell in love with my Mark again. :)

Got this ....

d5b24a70.jpg

Now I gotta find some little girl that'll buy it

i love those rims, nice lookin car man

Me likey!

:Beer

I drove it pretty hard and it feels like the imrc's might've unstuck themselves. Either that or I am trippin on some magic power from the Mark.

Hasn't happened to me in this car but when I had my 98 Cobra, it had a mind of its own. Sometimes they stayed closed (lost to a stock Eaton Lightning one time) and other days it was a raped ape.

:Beer

Hasn't happened to me in this car but when I had my 98 Cobra, it had a mind of its own. Sometimes they stayed closed (lost to a stock Eaton Lightning one time) and other days it was a raped ape.

:I

Some guy with a 4 banger with headers, exhaust, stage 2 clutch (??) and some number he rolled off spark plug wires wanted to run me in my Mark.
So as humbly as I could I agreed with a "Well, I guess, I mean, I really don't know what it'll do. Its a real turd off the line."

We lined up from a dead stop and ran about 1/4ish mile. From the start it was a given that I won. So when we passed out mark I hit the brakes and we pulled in to a parking lot and his eyes were as big as coke bottles. He asked if it was stock, I said yep. except exhaust and intake. He drove away with nothing else to say. :-D

Ordered my LCA's, and strut rod bushings and stuff yesterday. Got a really good deal at Amazon. Can't wait to get them installed. It's embarassing to drive the damn thing now because it squeaks so loud you can hear it a mile away. I get funny looks from people everywhere I go:( The good news is that I should have my stepson's sideways engine bastage of a POS wrong-wheel-drive Honda back on the road tomorrow. That way I can park the LSC for a while and drive the Exploder until the parts get here:)

It's been tuned by 3 blind mice!
I have to find the wire harness for the intake temp sensor, and a sensor, needs an SCT tuner since cats and O2 have been "deleted" without programming.

It's been tuned by 3 blind mice!
I have to find the wire harness for the intake temp sensor, and a sensor, needs an SCT tuner since cats and O2 have been "deleted" without programming.

Yikes! Well letme know what you want out of it when you done with it, got another younger bro dying for a Mustang

Keeping myself busy with small stuff this weekend. Idler pully, cleaning a spare rear deck shelf i'm picking up today and a small project for my jl box.

Ah dang. I forgot to mention what it was. It was a dodge avenger.

i had a stock 2nd gen surprise me a month or so ago.
my bro was driving it. from a 40ish roll.
he wasn't catching me, but i sure wasn't getting away. guess that's what having 140,000 fewer miles can do for ya.

Ah ok, I'm thinking of running dual 10s like the Boston G10, but I'll probably get a better speaker set with taxes.
Am considering building a custom B-T in the area where the arm rest is, so I can use the arm rest cushion to hide it when not needed

Didn't you already cut out the x brace back there? 1 less thing to do.

I bought a '97 Thunderbird Sport with a blown engine that has 4 month old tires and a 3 month old battery that's going on the LSC (she needed the tires and the battery)! The rest of the car is being parted out for my friends on TCCoA.

Traded my two working bulbs and one working ballast for an aftermarket kit today... and got it installed for free! Yay new headlights.

Traded my two working bulbs and one working ballast for an aftermarket kit today... and got it installed for free! Yay new headlights.

Not that great of a deal. Could've sold the 2 bulbs and ballast for 225~. A a/m kit and adapter would've set you back 100. For 125 labor I would've done it myself. But at the same time you won't have to try to find a buyer for each peice or worry about the install.

Not that great of a deal. Could've sold the 2 bulbs and ballast for 225~. A a/m kit and adapter would've set you back 100. For 125 labor I would've done it myself. But at the same time you won't have to try to find a buyer for each peice or worry about the install.

The labor and not having to sell is pretty much why I went with it. That, and I wanted to experiment with a new intensity.

Yay me! I got the alternator changed out in that damn stinkin' wrong-wheel-drive POS Honda yesterday so I can drive my Exploder again! And I've gotta say it's never, ever taken me that long to change out an alternator in my life! It took almost two hours! It's been over a decade since I've worked on anything FWD, so I'm a little rusty:). "Honda: We make it simple"...my a$$! Anyway, now the Mark shall be parked while I await delivery of my new front suspension stuff.

Makes ya appreciate how easy the alt in a mark is to change. I put on the under hood headlight cover valance that I got in the mail the other day , many thanks "right on the mark". This was one of the missing pieces when I bought my mark . Now it looks like it should , under the hood at least.

After lots of trouble with the car I found out my fuel pump relay was broken (glad it wasn't the fuel pump itself).
So I changed that and now the spare parts Mark is running again :D

Pic of the little beast :) The snow is from only one night of average snowing... I hate northern Sweden ...
422757_10150576333391236_528446235_8783010_1723330356_n.jpg

Makes ya appreciate how easy the alt in a mark is to change.

Ain't that the truth!! Also makes me appreciate how much I fuggin' despise front-wheel-drive. The dumass who thought it would be such a great idea to put the engine in sideways driving the wrong wheels should have an engine shoved up...um...well...sideways:D You get the picture.

Members online

No members online now.
Back