What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Mine started to miss one of the coils around 150k, I just replaced them all because sooner or later others will go too. More time consuming replacing one at a time rather than replacing them all at once also.

It just happened, get off my fucking back.

Hey, when you say a misfire isn't severe..someone needs to point you in the right direction ;)
I only mention it because about a month ago a lady brought me her truck, misfire on cylinder 7. She opted to not fix it, all it needed was 1 coil. Last week she comes back because truck will barely accelerate. That 1 misfire ended up costing her $1300 to replace the plug,coil and Cat and O2 sensor.

Mine started to miss one of the coils around 150k, I just replaced them all because sooner or later others will go too. More time consuming replacing one at a time rather than replacing them all at once also.

I agree, but I still have spares and far to frugal to buy a new set with them sitting in the garage. I like to utilize what I have on hand before I start buying more stuff.

Hey, when you say a misfire isn't severe..someone needs to point you in the right direction ;)
I only mention it because about a month ago a lady brought me her truck, misfire on cylinder 7. She opted to not fix it, all it needed was 1 coil. Last week she comes back because truck will barely accelerate. That 1 misfire ended up costing her $1300 to replace the plug,coil and Cat and O2 sensor.

Severe probably wasn't the best word to use, I never let them get THAT bad. It'll get fixed, no worries.

On the bright side you guys did make more money.

Suppose to do IAC and TPS today (on a Gen 1....WISH ME LUCK!) but I'm not sure I'll be able to. 50% chance of rain and not sure it'll hold out long enough for me to tear into her and get them changed. Debating starting it or not or just waiting until next weekend.

100 Acre Wood Rally again today. been driving on roads so rough my negative battery cable came loose twice.
but its awesome. the 93 and my bro's SHO have both gotten compliments parked at the spectator spots. lol.

Suppose to do IAC and TPS today (on a Gen 1....WISH ME LUCK!) but I'm not sure I'll be able to. 50% chance of rain and not sure it'll hold out long enough for me to tear into her and get them changed. Debating starting it or not or just waiting until next weekend.
Have fun, I did mine awhile back, along with the 96 imrc pod. Make sure to bring extra patience and smaller hands. It helped me to jack up the tail of the tranny just a little bit. That made extra room between the throttle body and firewall. The TB should not be cleaned btw

Have fun, I did mine awhile back, along with the 96 imrc pod. Make sure to bring extra patience and smaller hands. It helped me to jack up the tail of the tranny just a little bit. That made extra room between the throttle body and firewall. The TB should not be cleaned btw

Thanks man. Finished it just fine but i couldnt get the TPS off. The screws were stripped. Im going to have to figure out how to get them out. I skipped it for now.

Was definitely an interesting job, thats for sure.

Thanks man. Finished it just fine but i couldnt get the TPS off. The screws were stripped. Im going to have to figure out how to get them out. I skipped it for now.

Was definitely an interesting job, thats for sure.

While I'm not sure how the screws are on the TPS - don't know if this or these might help. I've got a set of the smaller ones, and the bigger ones waiting for pickup - they've come in handy more than once over the years! There on a 1/2 off sale right now is why I mention it.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...0050830x000545&aff=Y&PID=1225267&AID=11042411

(and for bigger bolts)
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...0050830x000545&aff=Y&PID=1225267&AID=11042411

drove 330 miles between 6 rally stages yesterday and today and it was awesome. i highly suggest watching a rally event someday.

that would be awesome, haha. no, just watching this year. i'm going to try to get more involved next year though.
as either a volunteer marshall or helping a local crew participating. i hear finding somewhere to volunteer isn't too hard to do.

hdlts 4 done.jpgAlmost finished with this project,just need to be glued, and sealed

hdlts 4 done.jpg

Tinkered with both cars yesterday. I think my p/s hid ballast is gone. Going to order a new one. Also, will a 97 MAF work on a 95? Removed the UCA's on the 97 yesterday. Was planning to put them on the 95 but the p/s one has a lot of play. D/s is okay. Still lots to do...

Planned to do the transmission mount from Summit, as well as the canister purge valve solenoid but ended up finding out a 95 Mark had dropped in the JY near me. Haven't seen one in there in months. Went there instead and spent a ton of time pulling the separator plate from the transmission so I can drill it for a JMod without having to touch mine until I'm ready to swap it. Was leaving and ran into a "Town Car" (it was a Continental) which had great condition chrome door handles! *Snagged*. Grabbed those, grabbed the chrome trunk button and grabbed the chrome door lock rod tips or whatever you want to call them.

Switched the chrome button in, the lock tips and then went down just now and swapped in my black with chrome button shifter assembly and pulled my broken/warn tan one that was in there :)

Guess mount and solenoid are next weekend.

SIX LIGHTS.jpg
Tony, hope you took lots of pictures so you can do a write up. Seems like the really good write up by Martin I think got lost.

I have lots of pics, but not step by step.Here's what I started with. Compared to the done pair, they were bad. All I want to know about headlights, is where's the switch to turn them on.

SIX LIGHTS.jpg

Definitely got a bad ballast on my p/s low beam. Dangit. The car has also developed a few new rattles in the front and rear suspension. Hopefully I'll get all that sorted out next weekend. The kids will be with the future ex so I'll have the whole weekend to tinker with the Hot Rod Lincoln :D And my oil leak has returned :mad: Not nearly as horrible as it was before but still there. I smelled some oil burning yesterday at a stoplight. :( Oh well. If it's not one thing it's ten others. And I have seriously got to get my Exploder back on the road. I've already hit 90k miles on the '95 :eek:

Switching back to 93 octane for good.

Good call :) I only use 93 in my Mark. I have run 87 and 89 before, but these cars seem to run best on premium. It's a little more expensive, but the increase in gas mileage, however slight, probably makes up the difference in price. A little octane booster helps too. I also like to use Seafoam and Lucas fuel treatment once a month just to keep things clean.

When shifting from Park to Drive this little guy made a big WHAM!/CLUNK!
IMG_20140224_084613526.jpg

This healed it
IMG_20140224_092724258.jpg

Good call :) I only use 93 in my Mark. I have run 87 and 89 before, but these cars seem to run best on premium. It's a little more expensive, but the increase in gas mileage, however slight, probably makes up the difference in price. A little octane booster helps too. I also like to use Seafoam and Lucas fuel treatment once a month just to keep things clean.

They do run there best on the good stuff. It just seems like I end up switching back half way through summer every year cause I don't feel like paying $5/gal for it, when in reality it's all equaling out. It's just makes ME feel better buying 89 at that particular time, kinda like i'm getting a deal...

Members online

Back