What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Tinted my windows myself. Bought laser pre-cut sheets off eBay. Skipped the back window for now until I can really study how to tackle it. Driver and both rears came out great (won't really know until it truly dries of course), passenger has a couple flaws that I'm hoping aren't SUPER noticeable. As you can guess, I started on the passenger side so it was my "practice" window.

Curious to how this holds up through summer, people kept telling my it's not worth getting the do it your self ones.

Curious to how this holds up through summer, people kept telling my it's not worth getting the do it your self ones.

I'll update and let you guys know. I'm a little worried myself, and honestly I didn't set my expectations high knowing that it might not hold up. If it doesn't, I'll have to just pay someone to do it. I've pretty much done any and all work to the car myself thus far and I wanted to keep it that way. Minus paint, I'm sending that **** in for someone to do March 11th lol.

Tightened up the right rear lower shock bolt and greased the front lower ball joints. The rattle in the rear is gone but the front end still creaks. I'm betting it's the upper ball joints. They will be changed out this weekend. My son's got his Pinewood Derby race Saturday so I may not get too much done to the car. Still having headlight issues. It's a bad connection where the headlight plugs into the ballast harness. It's really pi$$ing me off.

dropped the mark off at the exhaust shop yesterday to install the mandrel bent kit and the pypes race pros hopfully it will be done today or it will be sitting at the shop till middle to end of next week getting 8 to 10 inches of snow by monday

Tightened up the right rear lower shock bolt and greased the front lower ball joints. The rattle in the rear is gone but the front end still creaks. I'm betting it's the upper ball joints. They will be changed out this weekend. My son's got his Pinewood Derby race Saturday so I may not get too much done to the car. Still having headlight issues. It's a bad connection where the headlight plugs into the ballast harness. It's really pi$$ing me off.

matches.jpg

matches.jpg

Bought another one, '95 Gen 1 (base model), needed a driver while I dump 600-750hp into my '97 LSC this spring. I love it when a plan comes together. :)

-Chrome Conti handles installed
-Fixed broken anchors on D. door panel
-Installed resisters on front flashers
-Cleaned rims
-Shined tires

NOS chrome grill coming in by Tuesday. Once that's in, and I rip the old trim off, she's completely ready for paint. Only 9 days left until I'm dropping it off for paint!!!!

20140301_182319.jpg20140301_182354.jpg

20140301_182319.jpg

20140301_182354.jpg

lookin good, what color is it getting painted?

Thanks man. Been hitting it hard since I got it in August.

I'm going with Midnight Grey. I debated going with the Lava Red, just because it's such a unique looking color....but I was way to up in the air on how it would look on a Mark. Plus, if I ever need touch up, it'll be a lot harder and more expensive then Midnight.

new (to me) ride height sensor for the 93.
bought a rear sensor and put it up front, and the air ride is happy happy again.

air ride for life!

Had to take my new CE and fill it up with fuel. It only took 14.7 gallons. It looked like 1/8th of a tank in it, and it said 53 miles to go. Drove to the corner, 500 yards, and said52, next corner,51. next corner, low fuel. Had to go to the closest place, worried I was going to run out, and paid 14 cents more per gal than I paid earlier filling the 97, 1 mile down the road. I know why that station is always empty I put some pics in the other section. She's going to need some love to come up to my standards, but I don't think anything major.

Had to take my new CE and fill it up with fuel. It only took 14.7 gallons. It looked like 1/8th of a tank in it, and it said 53 miles to go. Drove to the corner, 500 yards, and said52, next corner,51. next corner, low fuel. Had to go to the closest place, worried I was going to run out, and paid 14 cents more per gal than I paid earlier filling the 97, 1 mile down the road. I know why that station is always empty I put some pics in the other section. She's going to need some love to come up to my standards, but I don't think anything major.

dont feel bad my marks getting on avg 9.6 to 10.3 mpg

WTF. unless its all in town driving and you launch off every green light
Even when my daily drive is a series of 12 1/8 mile runs, I generally only get down to 13 or 14 mpg average. After replacing my MAF I am able to knock down 17.1~17.5 mpg with only a little of 45-55 mph cruising, the rest of it is stop light to stop light WOT runs. I am happy at 17 mpg with the way I drive. I am sure my wife would get 22~24 mpg doing the same circuit, she gets better mileage around town in out 00 Grand Marquis than I do on the interstate.

The Hot Rod Lincoln got a new (well, sort of...they came off the '97) set of upper control arms, MAF, and a bath yesterday. Also put new lock nuts on the rear lower shock mounts so they won't get loose again. No more squeaky-creaky from the font end now :) And it's nice to go over a bump not be worried the front suspension is going to fall out. The upper ball joints were beyond shot.

Scored this little gem on ebay. One of those neat little things i've never had for the ol' girl. Doesn't look like it was ever taken out of the glovebox.

DSCF9125.jpg

DSCF9126.jpg

DSCF9127.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back