What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

[video=youtube;PWlDty4U2n8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWlDty4U2n8[/video]
Like this?

yea but nowhere close to as much yet but im just going to do the lca and strut to lca bushings since i didnt do and lower bushings when i replaced the ball joints

yea but nowhere close to as much yet

Was just the strut rod bushing to the LCA on that one. Car had 140k or so on it at the time but, always rubbed the tire when I was parallel parking with the 245/45's on 17" rims. Replaced the bushings and it made all the difference.

Was just the strut rod bushing to the LCA on that one. Car had 140k or so on it at the time but, always rubbed the tire when I was parallel parking with the 245/45's on 17" rims. Replaced the bushings and it made all the difference.

yea the lca,strut rod, and strut to lca bushings i have not dont yet did all the ball joints,uca's,sway bar end links, even has a rebuilt rack ;) no one likes old racks they tend to well you know :D

My front wheels have that front to rear wiggle and EVERYTHING in my suspension is brand new..

Well, replacing the MAF didn't fix my idling problem. So I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and tackle the IAC and TPS after all :( That'll be fun. Plus, when I replaced the UCA's I had to move the shock out of the way to get the rear bolts out. To do that I had to let the air out of the springs. So I took the solenoids out instead of taking the air line out (because I was afraid the line would break or crack due to age). When I got done, I put everything back together and it aired up fine. Unfortunately, this morning the front end was down about two inches. It wasn't slammed, but it did drop a little. I should have put new o-rings on the solenoids...:rolleyes: I know that. But as usual, I was in a hurry to get 'er done and hoped that it would be okay. Anyhoo, new o-rings going in this weekend.

Had it dropped off at the body shop, estimate came back at $3,200. Still waiting on the Insurance company, I might need your guy's help in getting a real value of the car for USAA if they total it. I'm currently looking into other options weather to fix or buy another.

20140228_200345.jpg

20140228_200345.jpg

Had it dropped off at the body shop, estimate came back at $3,200. Still waiting on the Insurance company, I might need your guy's help in getting a real value of the car for USAA if they total it. I'm currently looking into other options weather to fix or buy another.

View attachment 828465806
Always worth more in pieces. Sad but you'll make a lot more out of it if you let them total it, and you buy back the title and part it out.. Or rebuild/fix/repaint yourself

View attachment 828465806

Let them total it, then buy it back and fix at your leisure or just use it as a dd. I would't part it, no way.

You might consider getting a Plasti-Dip .much cheaper than Paint. Looks pretty cool too. Mine is getting done in high gloss black next week. Saw a new Camaro the other day with it and it looked sick, and I hate Camaros

Heck.... Buy it back for 500-600, buy a passenger side mirror for 50, pop out the roof the best you can, pocket $2000-$2500* and drive it till the wheels fall off. That's what I would do if it were mine.

*Assuming the Ins claim would pay out around 3k....

Buy something rust free if you get pocket money.
Straight rust free body the color you want, ship it if you have to, you have enough parts to do the int/drive train /LSC treatment.
Your trans is updated right?
They are so much easier to work on Eric.
Bolts come off....lol instead of being cut off.

Buy something rust free if you get pocket money.
Straight rust free body the color you want, ship it if you have to, you have enough parts to do the int/drive train /LSC treatment.
Your trans is updated right?
They are so much easier to work on Eric.
Bolts come off....lol instead of being cut off.

Built trans w/BE controls shift kit, Edge 10" 3k stall, 93 shaft, 3.73:1 with 28 spline posi. Plus all the other sh!t I would have to remove and reinstall again....for a third time.

Not sure what I want, mine is some what unique but needs work obviously. Most likely throw the check into my savings and sit on it till something I like comes by or paint next winter like I was already planning on.

My NOS chrome 93-96 grill came in the mail today! Will either put it on this weekend or have the paint guy install it when he paints since he has to pull the bumper anyway to paint it.

So you're going to paint a perfect chrome grille? You should trade me, I have a few good ones that are pantable quality.

Sounds like the guy is going to pull the bumper when it goes in for paint so he's considering just having him install it. At least that's what I think he's saying.

So you're going to paint a perfect chrome grille? You should trade me, I have a few good ones that are pantable quality.

What Low said.

The guy has to pull the bumper to paint it, so I'm going to see if while he has my bumper off, he can install my new grill. Otherwise, I have to pull the bumper myself (again) and put the new grill on.

I figure since he'll be into it already, won't hurt to ask and save myself a step.

What Low said.

The guy has to pull the bumper to paint it, so I'm going to see if while he has my bumper off, he can install my new grill. Otherwise, I have to pull the bumper myself (again) and put the new grill on.

I figure since he'll be into it already, won't hurt to ask and save myself a step.

Rare part.. Think I'd rather install it myself

tag #0087.jpgCE tag # 0082.jpgLSC HDLTS.jpgMy collection grows, and I like the little tags.AT LAST I have LSC lights for the 95. All the lights I've bought were ok and needed work, but these are like new.

tag #0087.jpg

CE tag # 0082.jpg

LSC HDLTS.jpg

cleaned the cup holder after a frozen soda can mishap uploadfromtaptalk1394116875347.jpguploadfromtaptalk1394116890374.jpg and got my cousin coming to do my o2 in trade for my lawn tractor plow if he dont change his mind once he sees which o2

uploadfromtaptalk1394116875347.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394116890374.jpg

Found ballast for the LSC lights, hooked the up on the bench and their ready to go. Bought a set of air shocks for the 95. Temps going to be around 40 degrees for a few days, and I can't wait to get some work done to these cars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back