What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

View attachment 828465345
I found this in an old hardware store, made by DAP. Glued the lens on then ran a 1/2" bead sealing the lense to the housing. Are you talking about Gen 1? Cut or cooked off the lens?

Gen 1 LSC Housings.

I used a heat gun to take them apart. I glued the lenses back together with GOOP as suggested by members on here. It says adhesive and sealant. If that's good enough then I'm fine, I just wanted to be sure. Definitely don't want moisture getting in there.

Snow... Snow 021214a.jpgSnow 021214b.jpgSnow 021214c.jpgSnow 021214d.jpgSnow 021214e.jpgSnow 021214f.jpgSnow 021214g.jpg

Snow 021214a.jpg

Snow 021214b.jpg

Snow 021214c.jpg

Snow 021214d.jpg

Snow 021214e.jpg

Snow 021214f.jpg

Snow 021214g.jpg

Installed some Bosch Icon wiper blades..absolutely love them (it POURED this afternoon so it was perfect timing for the switch).
Also installed my Gates serpentine belt. We'll see tomorrow morning when she's cold if that damn squeak is gone or not.

Speaking of wiper blades..Are the sprayers adjustable on gen2's?

Anybody?

Scored a wrongly listed gen2 #1 key fob on ebay. :cool: I also bought a new case/buttons for my existing remote and 2 CR2032 batteries. Got everything listed above for under $7.50 shipped, it was a good day. :)

Also lowered my windshield sprayers a hair to get them to spray lower and more evenly on the windshield. I now have a dry-er- roof and much cleaner glass.

Edit: There is no actual adjustment for the sprayer, but there is wiggle room where you can move it up/down a mm in either direction. May not seem like a lot but was enough to make a difference.

Installed a chrome button and spring on my multifunction switch today. Now I don need to fumble with a small screwdriver to get the w/w washers to spray.

Wish I had a camera this morning going to work. Had some fun slip sliding the Hot Rod Lincoln around on the dirt road from the house :) RWD and snow make for a lot of fun if you know what you're doing! :lol:

SNO LIN 13.jpgSNO STREET.jpg
Wish I had a camera this morning going to work. Had some fun slip sliding the Hot Rod Lincoln around on the dirt road from the house :) RWD and snow make for a lot of fun if you know what you're doing! :lol:
That's not snow. Yea there's a MK VIII under that stuff

SNO LIN 13.jpg

SNO STREET.jpg

Junk yard hopping for parts for my 2000 Grand Marquis, I can't pass up these buttons for the fuel door release. I replaced mine with a chrome one (it was grey but chrome matches the trunk pop).
CAM00060_zpst36kxna8.gif

I moved from Colorado to Arizona for a reason. Today, at the junk yard at 9 am, it was already 65 degrees. Currently pretty close to 85. I shoveled exactly zero feet of sunshine the last 20 years living away from it!

Switched out the broken drivers door handle today, plus MacGyver'd in something I made with some zip ties, aluminum fence rods...or whatever they were...and about 2 hours of time (LOL) so I can unlock my door by key. When I got the car it had no lock rods so I had to go through the passenger door to unlock the drivers side. Not anymore!

CAM00478.jpgCAM00479.jpg

CAM00478.jpg

CAM00479.jpg

Junk yard hopping for parts for my 2000 Grand Marquis, I can't pass up these buttons for the fuel door release. I replaced mine with a chrome one (it was grey but chrome matches the trunk pop).
CAM00060_zpst36kxna8.gif

Is that a spare chrome fuel button? I'd like one if you're willing to sell it

CAM00060_zpst36kxna8.gif

I installed a chrome fuel button on mine too, looks great next to the trunk popper.

I bought a whole new mark today, finally in the gen 2 boat!!!!!!!!pics will come in a thread when the snow melts off it

Finally got my 95 put back together after changing oil pan gasket and replacing my radiator with an 04 Cobra radiator.

I thought you put that tent up to put the Mark in it. You've got all the making of a nice garage growing right there in the backyard[/QUOT

There's one in the pole garage, one in the house garage, and that's the 95 under the cover. I have another one coming next week.

Members online

No members online now.
Back