What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Nah im ok, you starving is more incentive to quit
haha...I'm a long way from starving brother, actually just got a pay increase, there's still plenty of chronic puffers needing treatment...if you've spent this much of your life sucking on flaming cancer sticks, the damage is irreversible...might as well keep on sucking! send my your address and I'll give you a case of Pall Mall 100's- no diapers! or maybe Menthols? the REAL cowboy killer

Seriously, you guys at it again... either block each other or don't take shots at each other.

What's this "you guys" crap.. I didnt start shyt with him. Besides that, I'm ex-military, taking Shots at people was one of the coolest jobs I've had.

Besides that, I'm ex-military, taking Shots at people was one of the coolest jobs I've had.

I'm USAFR, they don't let us have guns :(

It may not be smoking but I gave up energy drinks & pop/soda back over Thanksgiving. Took about 6 weeks but I actually do feel better. I did it as a means to force myself to drink more water and lay off all the sugar that I don't need. Plus I got tired of paying $2.75 for a pop every time I went out, now I just get water and a beer once and a while.

I was smoking almost 2 packs a day until 2 weeks ago. I got an E-cig, now I can't stand the smell of cigarettes. It may not be totally "healthy" but Butterscotch sure tastes better than Tar

Gongrats on quitting. I tried the e-cig too while I was incapacitated after my surgery. I couldn't go outside and I don't smoke in my house. So I had the future ex to get me a Fin e-cig and I smoked it for a couple of weeks. But once I was back on my feet, I started back smoking my trusty ol' Marlboro Special Blend reds. I smoke about 2 packs a week. I don't smoke in my car or in my house and we are not allowed to smoke at work. So I have cut down quite a bit in the past couple of years. Before they banned tobacco on state property, I was smoking a pack a day. But I have no plans to quit. I enjoy it too much. And you have to want to quit to be able to. And I just don't want to. :)

Picked up one of my wheels from the plater today. This one was the worst of the set, so I had this one stripped first to see if I could salvage the set. Wheel actually turned out better than expected on the face, but, there were more pits in the bead area than anticipated, but, I think some JB Weld should fill those right before they are painted.

B2A33BD6-0FD4-423C-A4ED-C6AE29FF13B3.gif

Picked up one of my wheels from the plater today. This one was the worst of the set, so I had this one stripped first to see if I could salvage the set. Wheel actually turned out better than expected on the face, but, there were more pits in the bead area than anticipated, but, I think some JB Weld should fill those right before they are painted.

B2A33BD6-0FD4-423C-A4ED-C6AE29FF13B3.gif

Learn to Braze aluminum and it'll be a permanent fix.. Pretty simple and cheap

Learn to Braze aluminum and it'll be a permanent fix.. Pretty simple and cheap

Since they are wheels, I really don't want to take any heat to them. The JB weld (or maybe spring for the Eastwood Pyro-Putty) is to make sure I have a smooth surface under the paint

1997 Mark VIII LSC Grill. Pearlescent paint code WK. Could use a paint job but in good shape. No cracks. Couple of chips and some minor flaking paint.

$50 shipped or make me an offer. If anyone's interested PM me. Thanks!

IMG_20140125_130658.jpgIMG_20140125_130649.jpgIMG_20140125_130644.jpgIMG_20140125_130636.jpgIMG_20140125_130711.jpg

IMG_20140125_130658.jpg

IMG_20140125_130649.jpg

IMG_20140125_130644.jpg

IMG_20140125_130636.jpg

IMG_20140125_130711.jpg

Did another 0-60 run after work tonight. It was a little more humid and not as cold as the last time. This time I got 5.6 seconds:eek: I love this car!

I've never timed mine, but we (me and my brother) estimated somewhere around 6 seconds. I'm curious now. I might have to do that this weekend :D

I've never timed mine, but we (me and my brother) estimated somewhere around 6 seconds. I'm curious now. I might have to do that this weekend :D

I've timed all three of my Marks. But this is the first time I've had a GPS based app for my phone that can give me an accurate time. Before, I had to video record the speedometer and then count the seconds on the video to get the time. My '96 would do it in a little over 6 seconds and my '97 LSC was lucky to get it done in 7.5 seconds. But this '95 is just abnormally quick. It has so much off-the-line power it actually pushes me back into the seat when I take off at WOT. I love it! It may be the low mileage or just the fact that it was driven by an old lady and never got wound out until now, but this thing is just faaaaaaaaaaast!!! :)

This is the app I'm using on my Android phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ct.speedometer.lite
It's dead on accurate and works great!

haha...I'm a long way from starving brother, actually just got a pay increase, there's still plenty of chronic puffers needing treatment...if you've spent this much of your life sucking on flaming cancer sticks, the damage is irreversible...might as well keep on sucking! send my your address and I'll give you a case of Pall Mall 100's- no diapers! or maybe Menthols? the REAL cowboy killer
He's right about the arterial disease. The lungs start repairing themselves as soon as you quit. I quit once for 4 months, and I noticed a big difference. It was very hard to do since I repaired cigarette machines for a living. For me, 1994 heart attach-major, 2004 triple by-pass, 2012 diabetes, 2013 stroke. Smoking-yes, agent Orange-yes. Like a dummy I still smoke. Can I get the case of menthol? Salem Gold. Quitting smoking is harder than working on these Mark VIII's.

He's right about the arterial disease. The lungs start repairing themselves as soon as you quit. I quit once for 4 months, and I noticed a big difference. It was very hard to do since I repaired cigarette machines for a living. For me, 1994 heart attach-major, 2004 triple by-pass, 2012 diabetes, 2013 stroke. Smoking-yes, agent Orange-yes. Like a dummy I still smoke. Can I get the case of menthol? Salem Gold. Quitting smoking is harder than working on these Mark VIII's.

Its not that hard if you have just a little Will Power. Ive had to quit many times for various military schools where they didn't allow any smoking, such as Ranger School and Air Borne etc etc. At those times they keep you so busy that the last thing on your mind is a cigarette, but as soon as school was over I'd head straight to the PX for another pack.
Lately I've been concentrating on my finances to get tickets paid off, car build completed, moving into a HOUSE from my Condo, and gearing the new shop up with more goodies. After going over receipts for monthly expenses
I was mostly disgusted by the $350+ I was spending on smoke that could be used on cooler things, like a PS4 and some planks to finish the privacy fence around the backyard
If you're going to switch to an Ecig I suggest getting a good one that doesn't require much maintenance with a couple different flavors to choose from during the day. I started out with Butterscotch and Strawberry Cheesecake and Belgian Coco. I added 3 drops of the Coco with a tank of Butterscotch and it produced a flavor much like a Starbucks Frap. It took me a few days to overcome the "I want a Smoke" urge by just taking a puff or 2 on the Ecig every hour or so instead of actually having a cigarette. Now I've been leaving the Ecig in my tool box and only using it maybe once every 3 hours.

GOOD JOB Keep it up, but watch the weight.

Hey! You leave my belly outta this... A declined Situp bench is next. I used to do about 200 crunches a day and had a beautiful 6 pack a couple years ago. Hurt my back and had to take time off from the gym
Used to hold 2x 25lb plates on my chest and do 3-4 reps of 20 declined sit ups...what a BURN!!!!

Hey! You leave my belly outta this... A declined Situp bench is next. I used to do about 200 crunches a day and had a beautiful 6 pack a couple years ago. Hurt my back and had to take time off from the gym
Used to hold 2x 25lb plates on my chest and do 3-4 reps of 20 declined sit ups...what a BURN!!!!
I drink bourbon--what a burn, and everytime I move any parts of my body, I hear crunches. Used to have a six pack, but I drank it and switched to bourbon. HO HO HO. Keep with the no smoking, it'll do your body good.

I drink bourbon--what a burn, and everytime I move any parts of my body, I hear crunches. Used to have a six pack, but I drank it and switched to bourbon. HO HO HO. Keep with the no smoking, it'll do your body good.

Yeah! I love me some bourbon! But I'm more of a scotch man myself. I don't drink beer anymore. Not enough kick ;) And I can't drink without smoking. It's just not possible :lol: So as long as I drink I'll keep on smoking.

Bourbon and Scotch are both good, thou I prefer Amaretto and DP myself (I have a bit of a sweet tooth)
As long as you don't end up like Frank on Shameless :shifty:

Yeah! I love me some bourbon! But I'm more of a scotch man myself. I don't drink beer anymore. Not enough kick ;) And I can't drink without smoking. It's just not possible :lol: So as long as I drink I'll keep on smoking.
In 1968 I worked at a dealer and there was a party for a guy that worked at this dealer for 50 years. Lot of big shots from gm were there. That's my first run in with old grand dad. Been with him for many years. JD bought them out and no more 86. Always hated scotch until I had some JW green. Boy that was good, and at the time it wasn't sold in USA. Bottom line, all we really have is time, so enjoy whatever you have, and be happy. Now go work on your mark VIII

Picked up a upper radiator hose and coolant for the radiator install. The other hoses were replaced at one point and looked/felt good so I didn't bother. Hopefully the repair will be get done Sunday. It has held up w/o losing much coolant at all since my incident. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back