What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

That car hates you Chris.

Nah :) It's just my luck. And the perils of buying a 19 year old car even with low mileage. I'm just glad I have a parts car. But I really do love this car. How can you beat 0-60 in 5.7 seconds!! Neither of my other two Marks could come close to that. And I'm slowly but surely getting her fixed up the way I want. I just need to get this headlight thing sorted and then change out the front UCA's and sway bar links and then it'll be just cosmetic stuff after that.

Had to take off the Sex shoes she chewed up and put some cheap used skinny uglies on until I get my new rim and fix the front end :(
uploadfromtaptalk1391064738259.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1391064738259.jpg

Hey thaywood, I am in the process of removing my oil filter adapter gasket. Any tips or advice? Is it necessary to remove all the hoses or can you just remove the four bolts and slide the new gasket in?

Hey thaywood, I am in the process of removing my oil filter adapter gasket. Any tips or advice? Is it necessary to remove all the hoses or can you just remove the four bolts and slide the new gasket in?

i don't believe i removed any hose to do this.

You don't have to take the hoses off. Just unbolt it and slide the old gasket out and slide the new one in. You'll get oil and antifreeze all over yourself and everything around you :lol: but it's not a bad job. :)

Started her up up yesterday and let her idle for 20 minutes and then stuck a bar on the gas pedal to hold it at 2000 RPM for another 20 minutes. Then let her cool off for a bit and tucked her back in bed.

I hate winter...

Thanks. The tech article said I needed to remove all the hoses but I would rather just slip the new one in. Will give it a go tomorrow.

It can be done by just removing the bolts, however I prefer to replace the little thermostat hose and both clamps while I'm in that area, plus it gives you room to clean everything off. I like my engine spotless

Tonight I removed 14 bolts/nuts and pulled the dash back enough to remove my gen 1 BDA; opened it up and found a stripped gear
P2010874.JPG
------
P2010875.jpg
------
P2010876.jpg
-----
P2010877.jpg
-----
I have two other salvaged gen 1 BDA's that have good gears inside; BUT can I/should I get a new BDA for a gen 2 mark/TC and take the new (black plastic) gears from it and put them in my gen 1 BDA?

P2010874.JPG

P2010875.jpg

P2010876.jpg

P2010877.jpg

I had a spare gen 2 blend door actuator when I pulled my 93's blend door actuator in the hopes that it was a stripped gear. I had them both opened up and I'm pretty sure that gear can be replaced with a gen 2 actuator but I left it alone because I really didn't notice a difference between the two. I know second gen gears are better but again I really couldn't see why. Maybe mine had been changed out before?

yea, I'm just gonna use the salvaged parts i already paid for; i was really dreading this job, but with these easy step-by-step instructions on LoD I was surprised at how smooth it went- but I'm only half way done, reattaching the dash could prove to be difficult. I'm converting the int from ivory to black, so alot of this I'd do anywho

That tech article is the best. I would have never attempted to do my blend door if it wasn't for the article.

Anyways, did the gasket and tried to open the bolt on my cross over tube. My coupler broke, lets just hope that bolt doesn't get stripped.

Got the OPSU installed today. No more oil leak!!! Yay!

Also tried several more 0 to 60 runs today. I don't know what I did right last time to get 5.9 seconds, but the best I could do today was 6 .4 seconds. That's still not bad. But I was hoping for better.

Got the OPSU installed today. No more oil leak!!! Yay!

Also tried several more 0 to 60 runs today. I don't know what I did right last time to get 5.9 seconds, but the best I could do today was 6 .4 seconds. That's still not bad. But I was hoping for better.

Didn't you say the trans is on its way out? Maybe it's slipping?

Changed both my pullies...still squeaks. Time for a new belt tomorrow.

Also bought an alternator rebuild kit, just in case it's that, as suggested by another member :)

Changed both my pullies...still squeaks. Time for a new belt tomorrow.

Also bought an alternator rebuild kit, just in case it's that, as suggested by another member :)

Spray a tiny bit of Window Cleaner on the BELT only while running.. If the squeek shuts up.. Replace the belt

Members online

No members online now.
Back