What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I don't think he touched the seat controls, those are gen 1 seat controls, just swapped the 2nd gen leather and seat foam, which is a good idea..never thought of doing that.

Yeah its a great idea. Would cost a ton less if i can find good ones at a JY.

Damn I need to do that to my '93... if only I could find black 2nd gen seats cheap... I hate my rock hard seats.

Yep. Planning on starting on mine this weekend if the weather's good. My '97 passenger seat leather is in very good shape. The driver side has some cracking and one tear in the bottom perforated section. But that can be fixed from the back when the skin is removed. I'm looking forward to this project. Should be fun. And I'll be able to sit in my super comfortable '97 LSC seats again :D

And...I wonder if I can wire up something to make the heated seats work...

Fixed my check engine light issue (I think)!

Also switched my high beam light over to the low beam socket because the light went out. Can't wait for my damn HID kit to get here...

No it's not required, it just keeps the low beams on when you switch to high beams to keep from constantly flashing the hid's on and off. They don't like that.

No it's not required, it just keeps the low beams on when you switch to high beams to keep from constantly flashing the hid's on and off. They don't like that.

Oh ok, cool. Thanks for the heads up bro.

I think I've used my high beams like 5x in my entire life. I live in Orlando so it's never really dark enough to use them lol.

I'll keep this in mind though.

Yep. Planning on starting on mine this weekend if the weather's good. My '97 passenger seat leather is in very good shape. The driver side has some cracking and one tear in the bottom perforated section. But that can be fixed from the back when the skin is removed. I'm looking forward to this project. Should be fun. And I'll be able to sit in my super comfortable '97 LSC seats again :D

And...I wonder if I can wire up something to make the heated seats work...

Definitely take some pictures. You need the controls to make the heating elements to work. I'm just going to install after market.

Hello!

Slowmkviii. If You read this. You have full inbox.
I want send some info regarding shifter part.

Regards
Mariusz

Washed it for the last time and stuck it in the garage before the rain comes. It'll be back out on Monday, just glad I was able to wash it once more before the snow comes. I don't have many chances to wash it during winter cause it's a little low to be going through the auto's. :(

Got rid of my Helo center caps

wheel.jpg

wheel.jpg

Changed fuel filter, removed air resonator, removed air silencer and replaced driver side tail light with a great condition one from the JY.

I picked up a set of black 18 x 9 Saleen Speedstars from chargerxr, that my wife got me for my 50th birthday. Can't wait to install them this week on my 1997 Mark VIII! Will post pics when done.

Finishing up the blend door today. Changed the driver door handle yesterday.
wwtq.jpg

Finishing up the blend door today. Changed the driver door handle yesterday.
wwtq.jpg

Much as I hate to say it, I have learned that taking out the pass seat made it a lot easier to change the blend door motor. I lay down where the seat was and can look at what I am doing instead of fumbling around behind the dash.

Members online

Back