What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

yea, i started by pulling that off, and concluded that won't be enough room....idk

yea, i started by pulling that off, and concluded that won't be enough room....idk

All I remember doing is removing the fenderliner, Air res and maybe the intake box to better access a bolt. It's been so long...

Changed both O2 sensors and replaced all my rear bulbs with new bulbs plus put an LED bulb in the tag light. So much brighter :)

after I removed the air intake box and the snorkel, it came out easy...only had to remove the fender liner, Thx SBCap
PB090777.jpg
(3) 13mm bolts, relay supply, motor line, supply and vent hoses...done
---
PB090778.jpg

PB090777.jpg

PB090778.jpg

amazing how easily that snorkel came out with non-rusted bolts..God bless southern cars

I can send you one until you can buy you a good Motorcraft new one. I don't mind. Shipping shouldn't be much for it to get there and I know you'll take care of it.

Thanks Terry, but hold onto it for now.
I was planning on pulling it out again today. Last night on my way home from work it was working and it worked all day today.
That relay is expensive! Is there a chance the relay can work sometimes and sometimes not? I'm just not convincing myself that it's the blower motor. It doesn't make any noise, just works, then doesn't, then works again.
How many people on here have replaced there blower motors or the relay?

I haven't changed a blower motor in years! I thought they would always make noises before going out. This thing is quiet as a mouse when running.

Dropped the oil pan on my '93 today. Also removed my oil filter adapter housing bolts. Took a bath in antifreeze after that.

Also dropped my exhaust and got it out of the way. Got almost all the bolts out of the exhaust manifolds.

Got the motor mounts off the car (still good too!) And also managed to break a motor mount bolt off in the block. Eff me!!

I'm sure they are interchangeable but I don't know with what. Those were probably made in huge mass. Bound to have one at your local JY and the chance of it going bad is pretty slim but as you can see, it happens. I really think it's in the box and not the fan but could be wrong.

Positive it's not this?

http://www.autopartsnetwork.com/lincoln-mark-viii-s-625-hvac-blower-motor-connector-standard-motor-products/avchG3BTXPUViO0m3b?utm_source=google&utm_medium=gps&utm_term=Lincoln+Mark+VIII+HVAC+Blower+Motor+Connector+Standard+Motor+Products+S-625&utm_campaign=google_base&gclid=CJbLgOam3boCFUhk7AodXywAlA

That relay resistor is also in a 93-96 Cougar so that gives more cars to snatch it from.

Sitting in Manhattan watching all the Lincoln's driving by....image.jpg
Topsy Turvy day it seems :shifty:

image.jpg

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to make GEN2 front seats work in a GEn1? I just put the back seat from my 97 LSC into the '95 and I want to put the front seats in too because they're so much more comfortable than the GEN1's. I know I probably can't get the heated seat feature to work, but will the power and memory functions work?

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to make GEN2 front seats work in a GEn1? I just put the back seat from my 97 LSC into the '95 and I want to put the front seats in too because they're so much more comfortable than the GEN1's. I know I probably can't get the heated seat feature to work, but will the power and memory functions work?

Greg did a good writeup with pics a while back. He installed a complete Gen II interior in a silver GenI

I'm sure they are interchangeable but I don't know with what. Those were probably made in huge mass. Bound to have one at your local JY and the chance of it going bad is pretty slim but as you can see, it happens. I really think it's in the box and not the fan but could be wrong.

Positive it's not this?

http://www.autopartsnetwork.com/lincoln-mark-viii-s-625-hvac-blower-motor-connector-standard-motor-products/avchG3BTXPUViO0m3b?utm_source=google&utm_medium=gps&utm_term=Lincoln+Mark+VIII+HVAC+Blower+Motor+Connector+Standard+Motor+Products+S-625&utm_campaign=google_base&gclid=CJbLgOam3boCFUhk7AodXywAlA

That relay resistor is also in a 93-96 Cougar so that gives more cars to snatch it from.

Already removed the wire from the connector and re-worked that last year.
Am I positive it's not that again? No I'm not. I guess it's worth another re-work before I replace anything.

I never did a write up because I did this before LVC existed. It is easy to do but also easy to brake/tare something if your not careful.

I took the seat skins and foam off Gen II seats and installed them on my Gen I frames. just take your time and gently roll the leather up. just be careful of the hog rings and the super velcro.

Here are some crappy cell phone pictures of my gen II seats in a dirty Gen I.

CIMG0089 (Small).jpg

CIMG0091 (Small).jpg

565.jpg

I now have LSC floor mats and a CE wheel with a 98 airbag.

CIMG0089 (Small).jpg

CIMG0091 (Small).jpg

565.jpg

I never did a write up because I did this before LVC existed. It is easy to do but also easy to brake/tare something if your not careful.

I took the seat skins and foam off Gen II seats and installed them on my Gen I frames. just take your time and gently roll the leather up. just be careful of the hog rings and the super velcro.

Here are some crappy cell phone pictures of my gen II seats in a dirty Gen I.

View attachment 828463568

View attachment 828463569

View attachment 828463570

I now have LSC floor mats and a CE wheel with a 98 airbag.

That's pretty awesome. Did the seat control switches have the same connectors? Or did you have to do any rewiring for that? I'm planning to do this with my '95.

That's pretty awesome. Did the seat control switches have the same connectors? Or did you have to do any rewiring for that? I'm planning to do this with my '95.

I don't think he touched the seat controls, those are gen 1 seat controls, just swapped the 2nd gen leather and seat foam, which is a good idea..never thought of doing that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back