What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Put my wheels on the correct way. I hate it when the tire shops put them on wrong.

Tire shop put mine in wrong too. Do i have to have a place remove the tires and put them on right or can i just switch the rims to the correct wheel?

Tire shop put mine in wrong too. Do i have to have a place remove the tires and put them on right or can i just switch the rims to the correct wheel?

It depends, are the tires directional? If they aren't you can switch them around so that they will all be rotating in the correct direction.

Depends on whether or not your tires are directional. If you have directional tires, then you will need to remove the tires and have them re-mounted on the correct wheels. If the tires aren't directional, then you can just switch the wheels to the correct side of the car and be good to go.

Edit: :lol: Lownslowlsc beat me to it by that much...

Got the air suspension fixed! Finally! New(ish) compressor and new o-rings in the rear solenoids did the trick. It was 25 degrees last night and the car was sitting exactly the same height this morning that it was at when I parked it last night. :) Yay!!! Now I'm very happy.

Cool story.. now ya got time to send me the moon roof

Depends on whether or not your tires are directional. If you have directional tires, then you will need to remove the tires and have them re-mounted on the correct wheels. If the tires aren't directional, then you can just switch the wheels to the correct side of the car and be good to go.

Edit: :lol: Lownslowlsc beat me to it by that much...

Another reason I like my Octi's

Yeah, mine are of course directional.

Both rears are backwards. I'll have to swing by a tire shop sometime and have them fix it.

2013-11-25 17.20.51.jpg

replacing the door handle and this thing broke. its the little arm for the door key lock.

luckily, i have spares.

2013-11-25 17.20.51.jpg

God I hate that part, getting the rod out is always a bitch.

its complicated. i'm getting better at it, but its still not fun.

i removed this monstrosity and replaced it with a good, newer style handle. handle is very smooth now. need to find some passenger side parts now.|

2013-11-26 00.32.13.jpg

2013-11-26 00.32.13.jpg

I remember when I did the drivers handle in my car. Took me like 2hours of messing with it, getting mad, and walking away. Came back 30mins later and got it the first try. Was soooo pissed.

And for the subframe removal, Ive found that large prybars, sawzall, and holesaws are your best friend. And a lot of anti-seize. A LOT of anti-seize....

I have still yet to cover the holes I cut open... will be doing that before it hits the road again.

Got the air suspension fixed! Finally! New(ish) compressor and new o-rings in the rear solenoids did the trick. It was 25 degrees last night and the car was sitting exactly the same height this morning that it was at when I parked it last night. :) Yay!!! Now I'm very happy.
----
glad it's working now...I sometimes miss air, but not all the work

Cut third cat out (REALLY clogged).

Replaced the middle section from the flange to just after the cat with a "Y" section off a Thunderbird I found at the JY last weekend. Sounds a ton better and much more responsive on the throttle. Temp fix, but definitely happy with the results for the time being.

[video=youtube_share;ZJzgaVW6UFo]http://youtu.be/ZJzgaVW6UFo[/video]
[video=youtube_share;7cYbkwwJlhU]http://youtu.be/7cYbkwwJlhU[/video]
----
this is straight pipes, no mufflers?

Interesting with all the air suspensions having problems all of a sudden.

Seem the guy that bought my Silver '98 LSC called me to tell me the rear is jacked up in the air. He took it to STS and a Ford Dealership and they both told him to look for the switch on top of the Pumpkin :eek:

Then they said to check EBAY cause they no longer list them as available at the Stealership. I told him I have a spare rear sensor but I have to find it and I ain't puttin it on either :mad:

----
this is straight pipes, no mufflers?

Yes. First and second cats, no 3rd, muffler in place of the 3rd from an 88 Thunderbird (no clue what it is shaped like inside), then the stock pipe from the flange to the back. No rear mufflers.

Yes. First and second cats, no 3rd, muffler in place of the 3rd from an 88 Thunderbird (no clue what it is shaped like inside), then the stock pipe from the flange to the back. No rear mufflers.
----
iirc, there's a resonator, and a 3rd cat/Y-pipe on base models....resonator/silencer delete also? it sounds good btw...pretty loud outside it seems...my 40's are pretty loud, may swap to Magnaflow xl's this weekend

----
iirc, there's a resonator, and a 3rd cat/Y-pipe on base models....resonator/silencer delete also? it sounds good btw...pretty loud outside it seems...my 40's are pretty loud, may swap to Magnaflow xl's this weekend

Yeah i apologize, forgot about the resonator. Cut from the resonator the flange out. The section from the Thunderbird was a Y with a resonator i believe (V6) to a flange. Fit pretty much perfectly in placed if the section i cut out with some trimming.

Also, yes, deleted the silencer. It sounds pretty good to me, especially considering every piece i invested into the project was under $50 total.

SDC16018.jpgSDC16037.jpgSDC16060.jpgSDC15986.jpg moved one of my parts cars today to get it ready to part out and use the drive line in a custom project, anyone need parts? and thought i'd Just post some pictures of the SWB unit? just to stay active on this site. h

SDC16018.jpg

SDC16037.jpg

SDC16060.jpg

SDC15986.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back