What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

So since its been a while a few things have happened...
I had the entire upper and lower intake gasket set replaced, throttlebody gaskets and valve cover gaskets replaced.
had the car over heat on me recently like in the last 48 hours :(
think i finally got all the air out of it.
had 1 of the HID lamps burn out, was looking for 2 months and finally a set just arrived at my door, so in the spare went... Still got one.. the car needs inspection but needed the headlamp.. now i was bummed about the overheat which is hopefully corrected, now i just felt i needed to do something else to it. so i did.. pulled out my trusty 3M headlight restore kit. Followed the simple directions, and a picture is worth a thousand words... Brand new again. last time i did this was 2 years ago.. they got pretty oxidized. now clear as glass.

This is a quick look at the lense prior to being polished
2013-05-24_21-27-56_235.jpg
This is a different view of same
2013-05-24_21-28-04_520.jpg
This is a pic of the finished product.

2013-05-24_21-42-16_34.jpg

2013-05-24_21-27-56_235.jpg

2013-05-24_21-28-04_520.jpg

2013-05-24_21-42-16_34.jpg

Be patient... You will find a gen2 around...

I look from time to time. I still kick myself for selling my blown one and kick myself harder for selling the grey one because it was the EXACT Mark of my dreams. If I ever find another uber clean 98 Grey on black LSC I will buy it and build that stroker motor I always wanted.

If that Ivory/Ivory gen 1 I bought a few months back was a gen 2 I would have kept it. That car was amazingly clean.

I look from time to time. I still kick myself for selling my blown one and kick myself harder for selling the grey one because it was the EXACT Mark of my dreams. If I ever find another uber clean 98 Grey on black LSC I will buy it and build that stroker motor I always wanted.

If that Ivory/Ivory gen 1 I bought a few months back was a gen 2 I would have kept it. That car was amazingly clean.

Here is a clean gen II Ivory/Ivory but it's a base.
http://ocala.craigslist.org/ctd/3813541441.html

I don't like Ivory/Ivory, just that car was in such good shape that I wanted to keep it. I think it was prolly the best condition mark I have ever bought.

I have 4 cars sitting in the driveway. My son had to work today. I told him to take his pick on what to drive. I wake up and the MK8 is gone! I knew he would chose that car. :)

I purchased a set of HID lights for my 95. They were pretty clear, but polished them out alittle more with the 3M kit, then purchased a 30mil clear headlight film from Xpel. Had them cut it 3"x19", easy to install and should protect them for many years.

dnsherrill;2037294302/QUOTE said:
Haven't been on in a few week's. Hope everything work's out between you and Sapp! Glad OUR trade went nice and easy! You did get them didn't you? :)

Haven't been on in a few week's. Hope everything work's out between you and Sapp! Glad OUR trade went nice and easy! You did get them didn't you? :)
yep, I got em, thanks.....excellent craftsmanship; is your air ride working right?
-----
I think I'll see the parts from Sapp next week
-----

Headlight Restore

Headlight restoring seems to be the trendy project recently...

3M restored the driver side headlight, warehouse was closing at work so the other side will have to wait, never open long enough for me to do anything meaningful. This did give me a nice before and after though... was expecting a little better results but for $12 and some elbow grease I'll take it.

IMG_20130525_164938.jpgIMG_20130525_164944.jpgheadlight.jpg

IMG_20130525_164938.jpg

IMG_20130525_164944.jpg

headlight.jpg

Took Ball Height Sensors Brackets off my old UCA's
[video=youtube;scA5ObjbPX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scA5ObjbPX0[/video]

Well the Cobra is still in the shop and the future ex wife has totaled my damn Lincoln!!!!! It wasn't her fault some dumbass kid T boned her but I'm still pissed!!!!!! They're going to total it the whole left side is destroyed. I really don't see how things can get any freaking worse.

Jesus.... don't know what to say.
THE WOMAN IS BAD LUCK!
Didn't she also smash your exploder?

You have to get her out of your life as much as you can.
It going to get worse before it gets better.
Your just starting man.....

Jesus.... don't know what to say.
THE WOMAN IS BAD LUCK!
Didn't she also smash your exploder?

You have to get her out of your life as much as you can.
It going to get worse before it gets better.
Your just starting man.....

Man don't I know it. Good thing is she's getting the Cobra back Thursday and I maaaaaaay be getting a low mile '95 Mark. But we'll have to wait and see.

Vinyl wrapped hood struts with carbon fiber vinyl today.

Insert night time crappy shot installed shot here:

IMG_0188_zpseecfa924.jpg

Insert Kitchen comparison shot here:

IMG_0186_zps0017c7bd.jpg

They look amazing in person its kind of hard to catch the pattern with the camera in the dark, will try and get some better pictures tomorrow.

Also went to a local car show today:

20130526_120229_zps10062247.jpg

My Mark, Dad's Termi, Brothers Superchared SVT Focus

Members online

Back