What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I'm thinking the same thing. There is definitely something not right. She swears there was a half a tank of gas in the car when it happened. Now it's empty.

I would check those lines, and fuel shift from side to side in the tank sounds like a strong possibility too.

Does it run rough? mine did when my lines were crushed.

Correct me if im wrong but dont the fuel lines run along the drivers side under the car, right at the back of the fender and could have crushed when the car popped the curb in the picture.

They do not the brake lines run on drivers side gas on passenger.

this is the LH side front hub, I removed it when I thought I was getting replacement parts...any chance I can reuse this?
P5230370_zps83e59adf.jpg

P5230369_zps9d69e42c.jpg

This season has been so much more relaxing than all the others. No plans to work on nuthin' Mark related!

It should turn 150,000 miles sometime this weekend though :)

Well, I'm at work and the adjuster is at the house right now looking at the car. He said because of the mileage and the age of the car it will be a total loss. One thing that could work to my advantage is that he said they determine how much they're going to pay based on sales of similar cars in the surrounding area. So far the cheapest Mark VIII I could find for sale within 200 miles of my zip code was $4600 bucks. And there were a couple of '97 and '98 models on ebay and autotrader.com with asking prices in the $10k - $15k range :eek: And they look at the options and condition of the car among other things. So maybe I'll get enough out of it to buy another one with lower mileage and get mine back and use it as a parts car...

No such luck I'm afraid. They're only going to give me $2080 for the car and let me buy it back for $380 which will only leave me with $1700 bucks left. I'm screwed.

Looks like my Mark VIII drivin' days are over..

Negotiate. Is this the other guys ins company doing the estimate or yours? I'm not sure how that works.

Negotiate. Is this the other guys ins company doing the estimate or yours? I'm not sure how that works.

I am trying. I got rather irate with the guy on the phone. They said there were no negotiation options. What they say is what I get. He did say that if I could get receipts from all the new suspension parts that I have bought and anything else they could look at raising the value. And I'm not sure if it's my insurance or the other driver's that's paying. I would assume if it were his fault, it would be his insurance that has to pay. They are starting to piss me off.

Oh, this just completely sucks. I love that carrying insurance is a mandatory expense, yet when it comes time for them to pay up, you get the big screw job. That car has been insured for sixteen years and they can't even come up with a semi-reasonable number. Ya, I think I'll be reducing my coverages right now. Might as well pay into my savings account than into theirs. So sorry, man. :frown:

T-wood, how much do you think it needs in repairs? I guess it needs to be repainted which is itself close to or over 2k?
---
Oh, this just completely sucks. I love that carrying insurance is a mandatory expense, yet when it comes time for them to pay up, you get the big screw job. That car has been insured for sixteen years and they can't even come up with a semi-reasonable number. Ya, I think I'll be reducing my coverages right now. Might as well pay into my savings account than into theirs. So sorry, man. :frown:
I've heard you guys in Cali pay a ton for ins....thankfully most everything here in the south is less expensive ;)
full tilt is about $700/yr

No such luck I'm afraid. They're only going to give me $2080 for the car and let me buy it back for $380 which will only leave me with $1700 bucks left. I'm screwed.

Looks like my Mark VIII drivin' days are over..

BS man!! Between my buddies and I we can find you a good gen 2 for that price!! Call me later. You'll be back behind the wheel of an 8 real soon!

Those look excellent. Your paint looks to be in spectacular condition as well. Kudos.

Thanks mang. I was kinda dragged back here by someone that does not know when to stop but I have enjoyed seeing some of my old friends on here. Also getting used to the new look of the site. Guess its been a while since I was on here. LOL

I was kinda dragged back here by someone that does not know when to stop
:bsflag:
----
get real, you were dragged back here b/c I sent parts to your house and your partner refused to send me the parts I'm owed; unfortunately it looks like that's what was required for him to fulfill his end of the deal- assuming your word is better than his

Members online

No members online now.
Back