What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Went out to eat with the mother in law and the wife, got home and noticed a lovely dent behind the door, and a chip down to the metal. I guess thats the risk you run going to Old Country Buffet

quick question: Do the front air struts have a "pressure relief" valve for situations such as one air strut is leaking and the other side can't hold it up, or going over unexpected bumps too big for the air struts to handle?

Sorry if I worded this weird - kinda tired. Getting ready to start my road trip from Tampa to Jacksonville tomorrow for work project.

quick question: Do the front air struts have a "pressure relief" valve for situations such as one air strut is leaking and the other side can't hold it up, or going over unexpected bumps too big for the air struts to handle?

Sorry if I worded this weird - kinda tired. Getting ready to start my road trip from Tampa to Jacksonville tomorrow for work project.

nope

It's the driver's side. I can get my hand between the tire and the fender on the passenger side.

Give me just a few days to sort some things out and if you want to pay for shipping, I can send you a used one that I know holds air fine and it is Gen 2 style. I just now got through replacing both sides in the front with new ones but my problem was on the passengers side. I trashed that one but I still have the drivers side. It just needs to be cleaned up.

If interested, $330 can get you a new one to the door. $650 can get both to the door and they should be good for around 15 years or so. They are Motorcraft real deals.

I got three of the power window motors fixed on my Exploder today:) and polished my headlights a little more with some 2000 grit sandpaper today. They're still not quite crystal clear, but they're getting there. Also tried to wire up a blue LED strip behind the grill, but couldn't get it to work. I'll try again later. Gotta find some wires to splice it into.

thaywood, pull the parking light socket apart on the passengers side. Easier side to work with. I had to do both sides but stick the wires inside the socket that have the darker colored wires. Then press the socket back together. Once you get in there, you'll see what I'm talking about. No cutting or splicing required. Just connect to the socket and plug it back together.

DSC03136.jpg

Installed these today. I looked at the wiring diagrams posted and none of them are perfect but am making sense of it. I hope to get them wired soon. I'm thinking about attaching the puddle lamps to the keyhole light. Can that wire handle the current? BTW, the connector, can it be removed and cut/attach wires would work? Any wire i can tap into for the turn signal?

DSCN2650.JPG

DSCN2649.JPG

DSCN2651.JPG

DSCN2653.JPG

Installed these today. I looked at the wiring diagrams posted and none of them are perfect but am making sense of it. I hope to get them wired soon. I'm thinking about attaching the puddle lamps to the keyhole light. Can that wire handle the current? BTW, the connector, can it be removed and cut/attach wires would work? Any wire i can tap into for the turn signal?

Those came out great! Where did you get them?

thaywood, pull the parking light socket apart on the passengers side. Easier side to work with. I had to do both sides but stick the wires inside the socket that have the darker colored wires. Then press the socket back together. Once you get in there, you'll see what I'm talking about. No cutting or splicing required. Just connect to the socket and plug it back together.

DSC03136.jpg

I may try something like that. The problem is that the GEN2 headlights are one piece unlike the GEN1. And the GEN2 doesn't have that center parking light. And I really don't want to have to take the housing out if I can help it. But maybe I'll have a bit more time this weekend to mess with it. We'll see.

I may try something like that. The problem is that the GEN2 headlights are one piece unlike the GEN1. And the GEN2 doesn't have that center parking light. And I really don't want to have to take the housing out if I can help it. But maybe I'll have a bit more time this weekend to mess with it. We'll see.

So are you saying on a Gen 2, you would have to pull the whole housing just to change a parking light? Mine are also one piece.

No flashing abs light and Cruise control is working again...Today is a good day.

So are you saying on a Gen 2, you would have to pull the whole housing just to change a parking light? Mine are also one piece.

It looks that way. I haven't had to replace one yet, but it doesn't look like there's any way to get to the turn signal or cornering light from under the hood. I'm pretty sure the whole housing will have to come out to change it. On yours, the parking lights are pretty easy to get to. But you still have to take the corner lens housing out to change the side marker an/or cornering lamp if I'm not mistaken. The GEN2 doesn't have the parking light in the front lense, just the marker light on the corner. And when I say "one piece", I mean one piece all the way from tip to tip of the lens. On a GEN1, the corner/side marker lens housing is separate from the headlight housing. On a GEN2 they're all one piece.

No abs light flashing and a working Cruise control...Today is a good day.

Glad to hear it. At least somebody's having a good day...

They're still pretty easy to get out. Just 3 small bolts, and the Phillips screw on the outside corner...

Get that thing down here, and we'll get it all taken care of.

And when I say "one piece", I mean one piece all the way from tip to tip of the lens. On a GEN1, the corner/side marker lens housing is separate from the headlight housing. On a GEN2 they're all one piece.

Ok thaywood, now I understand what you're saying. I didn't realize that the gen 2's didn't have the parking lights in the housing, close to the grille area. Gotchya now! Yes, in order for me to change corner lights out in the corner lenses, I would have to remove the corner lens only but it's just a 10mm bolt and one screw but you know that already. Maybe you could use a tapper but you would have to make sure the LED's you're wanting to put in aren't polarity sensitive like most are. Just make sure if you tap, get the + & - right the first time.

Ok thaywood, now I understand what you're saying. I didn't realize that the gen 2's didn't have the parking lights in the housing, close to the grille area. Gotchya now! Yes, in order for me to change corner lights out in the corner lenses, I would have to remove the corner lens only but it's just a 10mm bolt and one screw but you know that already. Maybe you could use a tapper but you would have to make sure the LED's you're wanting to put in aren't polarity sensitive like most are. Just make sure if you tap, get the + & - right the first time.

I'll try taking out the housing this weekend if I have time. I'll have to take it out anyway to be able to get to a wire. The only wires that are exposed are the HID wires and I really don't want to mess with them. The HID's is another reason I really don't want to take the housings out. It would be my luck I'd jar something loose and the 15 year old OEM HID low's will go out and I'd be SOL for the forseeable future:) I may just try wiring it up to a toggle switch or something.

I'll try taking out the housing this weekend if I have time. I'll have to take it out anyway to be able to get to a wire. The only wires that are exposed are the HID wires and I really don't want to mess with them. The HID's is another reason I really don't want to take the housings out. It would be my luck I'd jar something loose and the 15 year old OEM HID low's will go out and I'd be SOL for the forseeable future:) I may just try wiring it up to a toggle switch or something.

Yeah, you might want to leave the housing in place. That bulb is more important than the blue LED strip lol. You might just want to connect it directly to the battery for a test run to make sure you even want it there. After all the work, you might not even like it.

mirror

REAR view mirror fell off -- sanded down the piece and the windshield - stuck it on with gorilla glue - duct tape 6 hours and put mirror back on -- 2nd day - - fingers crossed :cool:

0180.jpg

Yeah, you might want to leave the housing in place. That bulb is more important than the blue LED strip lol. You might just want to connect it directly to the battery for a test run to make sure you even want it there. After all the work, you might not even like it.

This is true. The only reason I want to try it is because I saw a BMW on YouTube with a blue LED grille light and it looked cool. I really don't want to mess with my HID's because with my crappy luck I'll mess something up:D

Anyhoo, I also just replaced the p/s rear brake pads this afternoon. I noticed a grinding noise coming from the right rear and it turns out that the pads had worn down to the rivets and gouged the rotor pretty bad. I'll be getting a new one soon. But for now, new pads. I'll get the D/S done tomorrow. Didn't have enough daylight today:)

I haven't even taken them out of the bubble envelope yet. They're still in the glove compartment on the '97 :) I am so busy lately it just ain't even funny.

Following up: I tried installing the H3 SMD LED fog light bulbs in the Cobra the other day only to find out they weren't the right bulbs. Dammit. The compatability chart on the Ebay description said they were the right bulbs. Turns out the Cobra has 898's or 828's or something like that. Can't remember right now. Either way, I got the wrong frakkin' bulbs. Anybody wanna buy two H3 LED's??

90% of the led strips are 1/8" wide or smaller. most are desidned to stay on outside of the car.you really dont have to take out the light excpt to make connections or put in projectors.theled strips can go on outside in the small crevice between the light and anything around it.theres a shop down the street from my house that sells the 6k led strips and they just stick to outside of the edge of headlight. i was going to do it with the projectors,factory hid's and halo's, but somebody beat me to the halos because i keep blowing motors!the package will still get done, just not for a year.i guess i read something wrong again, the side marker behind the screw at the end.

Members online

Back