What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

90% of the led strips are 1/8" wide or smaller. most are desidned to stay on outside of the car.you really dont have to take out the light excpt to make connections or put in projectors.theled strips can go on outside in the small crevice between the light and anything around it.theres a shop down the street from my house that sells the 6k led strips and they just stick to outside of the edge of headlight. i was going to do it with the projectors,factory hid's and halo's, but somebody beat me to the halos because i keep blowing motors!the package will still get done, just not for a year.i guess i read something wrong again, the side marker behind the screw at the end.

I'll assume you're responding to my post(s) about putting the blue LED strip behind my grille. I'm putting the LED's in the grille, not the headlights. But I want the LED's to come on with the parking lights. That means I'll have to remove one of the headlight housings to wire the LED's up to the parking light connector. Even if I did want to put the LED's around the headlights, I'd still have to take the housings out and take them apart because there's no crevice around the housings on a GEN2. The LED's would have to go inside the housings. But since my LED's are going behind the grille opening, all I need to do is wire them in somewhere. Just have to figure out where:)

300@6, I thought you had some major mods D

Nope, just a few simple bolt-ons. :rolleyes:

I think that's a pretty good show of power. That is 303hp to the rear wheels. Which means at the flywheel it's probably making about 360hp give or take. By comparison, a stock 290hp 4.6 would be putting about 240hp to the rear wheels.

Thanks. :D

I was just planning to ignore Sap. :p

If you take the HP that the Drag Times calculator estimates for my best run, and then reduce it by 15% for driveline loss, you get 303RWHP. ;)

HPCalculator.jpg

If you take the HP that the Drag Times calculator estimates for my best run, and then reduce it by 15% for driveline loss, you get 303RWHP. ;)

Nice:) I was using 20% driveline loss for my guesstimates. But going from 290hp to 357hp ain't bad at all. I wish mine made that kind of power.

I love me some Rockauto wholesale closeouts.

Columnnewparts.jpg

New Moog inner and outers were delivered today. Got the last 2 of each all for a whopping 75 bucks shipped. :cool: On the bottom are the front sensatracs I picked up last month. Got those for 65 shipped. Guess I'm just collecting peices for the inevitable front end rebuild. Next i'll be looking for steals on upper and lower control arms.

ive read your stuff on lod. the intake swap you didhasnt been dyno'd till now,right? what other bolt ons.still b headed with trhat 98 intake unless you had one hell of a port job! thats th only reason i want the 03 marauder heads andn intake. the heads are good for
+20 hp across the board, stockw/out porting then its like 50hp. i should've been a little above that ith my cams before i blew it again.:mad:

ive read your stuff on lod. the intake swap you didhasnt been dyno'd till now,right? what other bolt ons.still b headed with trhat 98 intake unless you had one hell of a port job! thats th only reason i want the 03 marauder heads andn intake. the heads are good for
+20 hp across the board, stockw/out porting then its like 50hp. i should've been a little above that ith my cams before i blew it again.:mad:

It's actually the second time I've had it on a dyno since the intake swap.

Neither the intake nor my heads are ported.

It's actually the second time I've had it on a dyno since the intake swap.

Neither the intake nor my heads are ported.

Doug, this could be a dumb question since I'm not in the mod department but is 13.221 @ 104.91 a dyno time or an actual run against the air on the track time? I mean, no aerodynamics are needed for a dyno and the humidity levels, altitude levels, temperatures, wind speed, wheel spin, burn out and all that other stuff can make a difference or do I have all this wrong? See, I was looking this morning and I noticed :shifty: after the dyno run, your time changed in the sig lol. :p

So, I must say, time slip from a track or it didn't happen. :D OMG, watch him have a time slip... Isn't this it below? 4/24/12 You're making it hard on that ole silver car to keep up with you. ;)

attachment.jpg

btw, I'm just bustin balls. Don't ever take me serious on something like this but I really was wondering.

So, I must say, time slip from a track or it didn't happen. :D OMG, watch him have a time slip...

Damn, do I have time for a Ninja edit???? :D

Sorry Doug, didn't see the slip till Chris brought it out. I owe you a big apology for even asking that question.

Apology accepted, just don't let it happen again. :p

My latest timeslips are always posted on my web site.

And you can watch the video of the 13.22 run that I posted here:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037196063&postcount=83

Ok, I just watched that video. Had to open it with WMP.

Maybe it's just me but your run that I just seen appears to be faster looking than Don's car. I see his times, when he runs and slips and not doubting him at all but it just appears that your car is getting down the strip a lot quicker but he has faster times. Any reason why that is?

Chris, since you're up and showing slips and stuff, do you know what I'm talking about too?

It's probably just the perspective and angles and such.

Try showing both videos on your screen at the same time, if you can, and sync them.

Ok, now I see a slight difference between the two. Never watched one right after the other but I put WMP right beside the youtube video and now I see.

Great. :rolleyes:

Now, instead of questioning your betters, go run some times of your own. :shifty:

Ok, I just watched that video. Had to open it with WMP.

Maybe it's just me but your run that I just seen appears to be faster looking than Don's car. I see his times, when he runs and slips and not doubting him at all but it just appears that your car is getting down the strip a lot quicker but he has faster times. Any reason why that is?

Chris, since you're up and showing slips and stuff, do you know what I'm talking about too?

just not used to seeing a gen 2 go that fast. :eek: :D
but yeah, don doesn't look that much faster, but he certainly is.

I always get busted. Isn't it past both of your bedtimes lol. :D

:why:

yes. i'm outta here. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back