What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

:pYay me! Got my windshield washer button yesterday and installed it! Now I can use my washers for the first time since I got the car almost three years ago!!! Also got my new remote. I got the square one instead of the peanut. I had a peanut remote and lost it. The square one works better.

Hey! How y'all like my BIG SIG????

Do ya think it takes up enough space? Or should I put more junk in it? I don't think there's enough there, personally. I need more stuff to take up space. But I ran out of characters:D Oh well. Whadaya do?

bought these cheap:
ballast2.png

ballast1.png

fixed the wiring like this:
IMG_0507.jpg

to power these!:

IMG_0509.jpg

Nice, I wouldnt use the factory HIDs tho, I'd sell them with the bulbs on eBay and buy 2 after market kits and have money left over. And just to be honset, you should spend a little cash on bondo, sandpaper and paint... Rusty cars don't deserve LSC housings

Nice, I wouldnt use the factory HIDs tho, I'd sell them with the bulbs on eBay and buy 2 after market kits and have money left over

x2, and if those ballasts weren't given to you for free i'd say you paid too much.

Nice score on the housings tho, they look sweet, just wish your car wasn't rusty in spots :( I'd almost volunteer to paint it for you just for practice...but pearl isn't a beginner color

Nice, I wouldnt use the factory HIDs tho, I'd sell them with the bulbs on eBay and buy 2 after market kits and have money left over. And just to be honset, you should spend a little cash on bondo, sandpaper and paint... Rusty cars don't deserve LSC housings

there is actually very little rust. the only big problem is the rear quarter panel about fell apart. it looked great til one day it was all gone. rotted out from behind. i don't have the skill to fix it yet and i don't just want to fill the hole full of bondo. that's not right.

i'm getting DLFs rings for christmas and have an HID kit already. just need 9006 bulbs. i've never really watched the HID prices but at almost $100 a pop! :eek: they need to go up for sale!

Nice score on the housings tho, they look sweet, just wish your car wasn't rusty in spots :( I'd almost volunteer to paint it for you just for practice...but pearl isn't a beginner color

they need wet sanding/buffing but they are pretty good.
and if its ever repainted, i'm really considering performance white instead of opalescent...

x2, and if those ballasts weren't given to you for free i'd say you paid too much.

well $37 is what it worked out to be. all the connectors came from my scrap pile.

Chris I'm impressed I would have given up on the first with. that is one short lead to start with.

it wasn't too bad. i'm pretty good at that kinda stuff. its a super useful skill.

:pYay me! Got my windshield washer button yesterday and installed it! Now I can use my washers for the first time since I got the car almost three years ago!!! Also got my new remote. I got the square one instead of the peanut. I had a peanut remote and lost it. The square one works better.

Hey! How y'all like my BIG SIG????

Do ya think it takes up enough space? Or should I put more junk in it? I don't think there's enough there, personally. I need more stuff to take up space. But I ran out of characters:D Oh well. Whadaya do?

LOL I didn't realize this was a common problem. I bought my car without one too but haven't really searched for a button yet.

When I bought mine back in 07 everyone said you had to replace the whole stalk. I bought a used one and went to replace it only to find out the steering wheel was siezed onto the shaft. So I said f it and tried popping out just the button, it came out fairly easily after some gentle picking. Inserted it onto the orginal and it's been fine since.

Well the passenger side looks good. Howd the drivers side come out?

LOL. little rust, out side of the rotted out quarter panel. ;)

holy moly those are bright colors.

Drizzling out but I figured I would check my trans fluid level. If course windows up and when I closed the door to keep the interior from getting wet the door was locked :(

No big deal type in my door lock code, problem is that it's the code from my old Mark :mad:

- lookinf to see what else i need for my dual caliper brake upgreade? any ideas can i use the ackets from the mark ? i bought the ""cheap"" daul caliper laser talked about?

When I bought mine back in 07 everyone said you had to replace the whole stalk. I bought a used one and went to replace it only to find out the steering wheel was siezed onto the shaft. So I said f it and tried popping out just the button, it came out fairly easily after some gentle picking. Inserted it onto the orginal and it's been fine since.

Good to hear. Just from looking at it, I thought that there was no easy way to get it to work again.

Just beat a 93..... 3 times. Well the first run he started to pass me at 90 but two runs from a dig he was smoked. Thats what Sapper gets for calling the SHO slow. :p

Just beat a 93..... 3 times. Well the first run he started to pass me at 90 but two runs from a dig he was smoked. Thats what Sapper gets for calling the SHO slow. :p

my brothers stock 92 mtx was dead even with my 4.10 geared 93.
with his big bore butterflies and ported intake, i bet its faster now.

That's the first time I've ever spun tires beyond 85mph lol... Since it's a slow car, we should go ahead and scrap it

- lookinf to see what else i need for my dual caliper brake upgreade? any ideas can i use the ackets from the mark ? i bought the ""cheap"" daul caliper laser talked about?

You should probably stop looking for upgrades, and pay the people you owe money to...

got in and started it, turned on the headlights manually like always, the auto lamp is turned off, and my dash lights and running lights did not come on. just the headlights. turned on the auto lamp, everything worked normally.
so i wiggled the switch, and they did come on. so i get to take apart the side of the dash tomorrow and check it out.

Just pull the switch out and replace it, pretty easy, pretty common problem

I've got a few extra switches, they cost like $5 from the JY

Back Shocks

Got My Wife a new pair of back shocks for Christmas today -- hope she don't read this post:p -- I bet She makes me put them on Christmas day:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back