What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Went and picked up my lincoln today - drove it home 100 miles -- man what a ride.
I was so happy i had to set on my hands to keep from waving at everyone:D.
Wife took it over says it's her car now -- Ill keep letting her think that for now:bowrofl:
44,000 miles wife driven no kids - back seat has never been sat in - omg it's clean -
new paint - glass was removed - took to metal and repainted - new back glass and rubber!

I hate you; let's just get that understood right now. You suck! What a treasure!

Seriously, though. Very nice car, great find.....jerk :D

94 mark

Thanks men - ill try to get some pics of it tomorrow - can't put plates on it until Tuesday so ill try tomorrow - ive got some questions concerning harsh ride in the rear - ride heights spot on but it rides like a log in the reer - kinda like the bags are full of water and no flex - either that or it has truck shocks on it lol -- gotta get on fixing that it awful I might take the back shocks off and give it a test drive tomorrow - Thanks again gang im proud:L

94 lincoln5.jpg

about wrecked it on the interstate several times, road was slightly wet since it had barely snowed about 2 hours before.

couple cars in front of me were going slow so i decided to pass them, punched the throttle and went to go pass and before i even started to turn the back end was slippin out and had me going sideways at 75mph down the interstate with a bunch of cars around me, scared the hell out of me.

94 lincoln

these are the add pics but the engine bay - man o man im going to eat supper on it tonight -- scratch that i might spill something!:rolleyes:

94 lincoln6.jpg

Thanks, took about two hours of work but was surely worth the time and effort, was long over due!

It looks really nice. I really need to do that to mine. I can still see pretty well with them. They're not totally coroded. But they're just foggy enough to need polishing. I'll get around to it some day. Hopefully soon. As of now, my HID hi and lo beams are doing the trick quite nicely.

Thanks men - ill try to get some pics of it tomorrow - can't put plates on it until Tuesday so ill try tomorrow - ive got some questions concerning harsh ride in the rear - ride heights spot on but it rides like a log in the reer - kinda like the bags are full of water and no flex - either that or it has truck shocks on it lol -- gotta get on fixing that it awful I might take the back shocks off and give it a test drive tomorrow - Thanks again gang im proud:L
That thing is freakin killer! Not a gen 1 fan but if I found one that clean I would buy it in a heartbeat.
about wrecked it on the interstate several times, road was slightly wet since it had barely snowed about 2 hours before.

couple cars in front of me were going slow so i decided to pass them, punched the throttle and went to go pass and before i even started to turn the back end was slippin out and had me going sideways at 75mph down the interstate with a bunch of cars around me, scared the hell out of me.

Now you have a better understanding of why we reccomend other mods befor throwing a blower on it?

It looks really nice. I really need to do that to mine. I can still see pretty well with them. They're not totally coroded. But they're just foggy enough to need polishing. I'll get around to it some day. Hopefully soon. As of now, my HID hi and lo beams are doing the trick quite nicely.
Cool, much better then purchasing a new light assembly for a few hundred each...thank god for the 3M restoring kits!

94 lincoln

Thanks again gang - I didn't get to do anything on my mark today - had to put some trim in a rent house:( - dang i priced rear shocks today - man o man i gotta get a parts car pronto - the underside looks good enough to eat off of too - i hate to get it out of the garage - note to self - o - o - o - wife needs a car lift for Christmas ---- I gotta get her better cleaning rags so she can keep it clean under there :rolleyes:

94 lincoln7.jpg

95 lincoln

pic didn't load -- 94 - 94 - 94 - 94 - dang reed them lights look - good - note to self - gotta get the wife headlight lens restorer

94 lincoln7.jpg

Welp, compressor just started sputtering. It does it half the time, mostly after a long highway drive coming down to a stop, it tries to raise the car again but just "sput, sput, sput" :(

Thanks again gang - I didn't get to do anything on my mark today - had to put some trim in a rent house:( - dang i priced rear shocks today - man o man i gotta get a parts car pronto - the underside looks good enough to eat off of too - i hate to get it out of the garage - note to self - o - o - o - wife needs a car lift for Christmas ---- I gotta get her better cleaning rags so she can keep it clean under there :rolleyes:

For rear shocks just get some from a 9?-97 t-bird v8. They're a direct fit in the rear of a mark. Sensatracs are a good choice if your staying at stock ride height and are around 30 each.

pic didn't load -- 94 - 94 - 94 - 94 - dang reed them lights look - good - note to self - gotta get the wife headlight lens restorer

Thanks dude! I had to do it, after I got embarrassed by an elderly lady driving her absolutely mint conditioned Mark with her sparkling crystal clear lights. Her car looked as if it just came off the lot and it made my lights look crap that's when I decided to restore my lights and give my car some of its dignity back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back