What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I've gotta get new strut rod bushings:( My front end's creaking again. Gonna hose the bushings down with silicone spray. That usually quiets them down for a couple of weeks. I'll have to wait until after Christmas cuz I'll need a front end alignment after I install them. It's irritating.

2011-12-14144858.jpg

complete my front end work on the 98 lsc a hid ballast are installed need a new hood and pass fender and the racing stripes i know they suck but the car will be painted blak with ivory interior..OMG hey jay call me man

Last edited:
-OMG i almost forgot i have my gears and my 93 driveshaft in route to me O YEA thats antonio a buddy of mine out in GA HOLLA back and if anyone else is looking for a 93 driveshaft let me know PM he has 3

Found out my cig lighter fuse was popped, replaced it and it blew when it was pressed in. I figure the lighter part is f'd, it's acted strangly since i've had the car. So i'm going to pick up some more fuses and a new lighter this weekend.

called the shop, see if i could get started sooner, cams have arrived, still have to wait on work, backed up, people on holiday, yada, yada, still sitting home doing nata

My cel made an appearance on the way home from work yesterday. Taking it to az today for them to scan her. I'll guess either an o2 or a mild misfire coming from one of the cops. We'll find out.

Well, for the fun of it, I bought 5 quarts of synthetic blend 5W-30 and 2 new filters and a 5 quart jug of Mobile 1 Fully Synthetic oil plus an additional quart. I drained the oil that was in it because it's been to Georgia and back and to Florida and back and the in town driving I do sometimes.

I removed the old filter and installed a new one and then put in 5 quarts of the synthetic blend and ran it down I-565 to Decatur, AL. and straight back to Madison, where I live. I then drained that oil and left the drain plug out for 2 hours, along with the new filter I had put on.

Then I put another new filter on (Motorcraft) and then put the 6 quarts of Mobile 1 Fully Synthetic in. I just wanted to flush the engine out with some fresh oil and I was bored, plus it was 72 outside. Wal-Mart had the 5 quart Mobile 1 jugs for $23.00. I thought that was a good deal, considering O'Reilly's had the same thing "on sale" for $29.00 :rolleyes: and the single quarts were a dollar cheaper too. She's running like a top now and extremely smooth. Can't even feel it idle while setting inside.

Also, completely buffed every square inch of paint on that car. I'm having the front bumper cover and LSC moldings painted in Feb and having the chrome strip painted on the rear to give it the LSC look. It'll be a 1/2 breed like my 94 was.

Baby's still rollin

I drive her every day. The last thing I had to do was the radiator, developed a crack at the top hose. Replaced the right lower ball joint 3 mo. ago and two new front tires and alignment. Other than that just gas and oil. Not bad for 245,000! BTW the trimBrite that I used on the headlights a couple of years ago still working fine. Or should I say as fine as can be.

Happy Holidays
Jack

94 lincoln

I bought one Black on Black 44,000 miles:D
Guess i can't upload pics yet - i tried.

Last edited:
Found out my cig lighter fuse was popped, replaced it and it blew when it was pressed in. I figure the lighter part is f'd, it's acted strangly since i've had the car. So i'm going to pick up some more fuses and a new lighter this weekend.

My cel made an appearance on the way home from work yesterday. Taking it to az today for them to scan her. I'll guess either an o2 or a mild misfire coming from one of the cops. We'll find out.

Well the cel went away on my ride home from work today. About 25 miles since it first lit. Decided to go to az to see if they could check stored codes and the lady said they couldn't, either she was too lazy or they really can't check them, but I swore they could.

On another positive note I bought a chrome style (only decent one they had,wanted blk) cig lighter and a pack of 30a fuses. Cost me about $8 for the 2 and it's working again. I never realized how slow my old one really was. It used to take a push and a hold once it popped up for it to get hot enough to light anything, this one takes about 5 seconds till it's cherry.

Day turned out pretty good.

From watching her while waiting in line it seemed as though she'd been there a while, knew her way around ect... Guess i'll be visiting the one by work on Monday.

I finally got the LSC molding to replace that peeling chrome stripped molding I hated forever. Now someone sell me a Midnight Grey LSC grill! Those Michelins were the best deal though, got them from a buddy's dad's STS for FREE! 2nd set of tires i've gotten off him, last set I paid $50 for and rode for 2 years, this set is free and looks as good as the others did so I expect another two years free tires!

markviiimolding.gif

markviiimolding2.gif

Lubed my upper bj and put a new boot over it due to a split, after that I fixed my windshield wiper hose that fell off by the tank.

Drove my car to the Starland Ballroom to pick up Clutch and BioHazard tickets. Then got back into car and driving along it went from heat to blowing just warmish air out of dash vents?

Well almost cold air? Then if I turn up the heat it will switch to the floor and when I turn it back to like 74 it eventually will start blowing coldish air out of the dash vents again :confused:

94 lincoln

Went and picked up my lincoln today - drove it home 100 miles -- man what a ride.
I was so happy i had to set on my hands to keep from waving at everyone:D.
Wife took it over says it's her car now -- Ill keep letting her think that for now:bowrofl:
44,000 miles wife driven no kids - back seat has never been sat in - omg it's clean -
new paint - glass was removed - took to metal and repainted - new back glass and rubber!

94 lincoln4.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back