What did you do to your LS today?

Mine came with a bunch of black screws and square plastic black washer type things. I also didnt trust the vhb adhesive alone. Neither did the manufacturer, apparently. The lips been on there a couple years and some change now and holding stong.

Can yall link those front lips? I like the look.

Got lucky and scored the nicer cup holder insert off ebay, idk why they didn't put this nicer insert in all the gen 2's it's much classier!

20210126_173552.jpg

20210126_173639.jpg

20210126_174013.jpg

well my driver's side mirror puddle lamp started working randomly today after 2 and 1/2 months of me owning the car, so that's pretty cool! I replaced them both with led about two months ago, but it was very very dim, couldn't even tell it was on unless you looked at it. Now it's working correctly, fixed itself somehow.

The heat stuck on is 99.9% your dccv. Dual climate control valve. I just had the same thing on the ls i bought a few months ago. It also interferes with the ac and all that. Lots of info about it on here but basically the aftermarket ones are hit and miss longevity, and its recommended to go for OE on this part. However, i just replaced an aftermarket one with another identical one for 40 bucks. Change the red 10a fuse in the box under the hood after u swap the part. Very top-left in the fuse box

These cars are a lot more like european luxury brands, in that maintenance is paramount. Ive had a couple BMWs and theyre the same way. If you keep up on stuff as it comes up, theyll last a long time and are fantastic vehicles. But if somebody cant afford to keep them up on time,and with decent parts, or tends to let maintenance slip unless the car doesnt drive at all, these types of cars arent for them. It seems like the LS is a lot more like a jag than your average Ford in many ways. If there are tons of things needing fixed cause the last owner neglectrd things, it can get add up pretty quick, esp if you are paying for labor

Just bought one of these glorious machines for $1000 about a month ago that "needed brakes" because I knew nothing about them and just like Ford\Lincoln. My other vehicle is a 2013 f350 Platinum 6.7 powerstroke at 600hp. Turns out the Lincoln needs a lot.

Last edited:
The heat stuck on is 99.9% your dccv. Dual climate control valve. I just had the same thing on the ls i bought a few months ago. It also interferes with the ac and all that. Lots of info about it on here but basically the aftermarket ones are hit and miss longevity, and its recommended to go for OE on this part. However, i just replaced an aftermarket one with another identical one for 40 bucks. Change the red 10a fuse in the box under the hood after u swap the part. Very top-left in the fuse box

These cars are a lot more like european luxury brands, in that maintenance is paramount. Ive had a couple BMWs and theyre the same way. If you keep up on stuff as it comes up, theyll last a long time and are fantastic vehicles. But if somebody cant afford to keep them up on time,and with decent parts, or tends to let maintenance slip unless the car doesnt drive at all, these types of cars arent for them. It seems like the LS is a lot more like a jag than your average Ford in many ways. If there are tons of things needing fixed cause the last owner neglectrd things, it can get add up pretty quick, esp if you are paying for labor
Yup, I replaced it a week or two ago, heat and ac working good now.

Got a delivery today, new links front and rear and only got two struts for now, gonna test them on the rear first cause my fronts seem in better shape, which doesn't really make sense to me. Tire shop recommended kybs except they wanted to charge me $255 bucks a piece for them, I got them off of RockAuto for 56 bucks each. ;)
20210208_165958.jpg

Got a delivery today, new links front and rear and only got two struts for now, gonna test them on the rear first cause my fronts seem in better shape, which doesn't really make sense to me. Tire shop recommended kybs except they wanted to charge me $255 bucks a piece for them, I got them off of RockAuto for 56 bucks each. ;)
View attachment 828575322
Just recieved some used motorcraft sport shocks today that I bought off of Pauly22 on the form here. The ones on my 06 for sure half to be blown, it's way too floaty for an LS

Oil change, replaced the output shaft oil seal on the gear box, oil change in the gear box, rear brakes and finally replaced the upper left front control arm. The control arm was about an hour and a half job. 15mm racheting wrench saved me on the back bolt on the control arm. It fit just enough to get the nut off and on.

I ordered her a brand new OEM Steering Rack for $300! Got very lucky and refused to pass that up and I don't even need a rack at this time! Can't go wrong with having a brand new rack in the workshop for when it does go bad! And before anyone asks it was the last one in stock! With 0 Core!!

Last edited:
I ordered her a brand new OEM Steering Rack for $300! Got very lucky and refused to pass that up and I don't even need a rack at this time! Can't go wrong with having a brand new rack in the workshop for when it does go bad! And before anyone asks it was the last one in stock! With 0 Core!!

I hope it is for left-hand drive. I saw one on-line when I was looking for a replacement for my car, found one new-in-box but it was for right-hand drive. All I could find for left-hand drive were remanufactured.

I hope it is for left-hand drive. I saw one on-line when I was looking for a replacement for my car, found one new-in-box but it was for right-hand drive. All I could find for left-hand drive were remanufactured.
I am pretty sure it is right I ordered part number 5W4Z-3504-A

After recently having my car returned to me, I am on what seems to be endless list of things "they" screwed up on my car, instead of fixing. Today Bubba the Lurkin Lincoln got front brakes, front tires, some tie rod ends and an alignment. Along with a wash, buffing and wax.

The Infamous "they" had supposedly fixed my car that had "mysteriously" broke, while they "didn't" put 2500 miles on it, when they stored it for me during a recent hospital stay.

The story goes the ball joint mysteriously broke, the "one time" they drove it, but then needed 6 tires, (how do you need SIX tires for one short trip) One of the tires they left on the car was worn PAST most of the steel belts on over 2 inches of the tire the other one was only TO the belts.

I'm supposed to be grateful they fixed it but replacing the ball joint, WITHOUT replacing the tie rod end that was so loose it was vibrating the bolts off the spindle, and was probably what CAUSED the ball joint to sheer off. They didn't say a damned word, and they absolutely knew. His girlfriend knows nothing about cars, but let soup slip some key details I'm sure he would rather I never knew. Like the curb she hit, the 6 tires, the shim he put around around the ball joint, before it failed, and the brake pads she returned.

I'm guessing because I'm a 57 year old GRANDMA, it slips their minds that I have forgotten more about cars than they will ever know. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy.

They took the control arm off the car to replace the ball joint. Why not fix the brakes and tie rod end, especially since she fucked the tie rod up. They know I drive 200 miles a day in my car, I guess they just dinner care.

It's a much happier Lincoln now. Grateful to actual friends and family who helped me get the car fixed. I will never speak to the Infamous THEY again. I'll pay a storage facility odd I ever have to.

Nothing, but yesterday I went to Harry's of Allentown (PA) (wegotused.com) and checked off a bunch of stuff on my 'get it while it's available ' list including a couple more window regulators, a pair of like new driving lights and sun visors and the very hard to find (good) engine splash shield set. Actually I was just there last Saturday, but they brought in 2 more LS's on Tuesday (for a total of 6!) and I had to check them out. This is a small yard and LS's are almost always over represented there. If you go, don't go to the one with '50's vintage COE semi tractor on stilts, that's the truck and foreign car side. Go cattywhompus across the street to the one with the old and very rusty De Soto next to the parking lot. Also bee for warned that there is a yellow jacket nest on the right B pillar on the silver LS nearest the office, though she didn't bother me while I removed the right front window reg.

Finally dropped her off to have the valve covers, coil covers, spark plugs, Motorcraft CoP's (Coils) Belt tensioner and belt, rear knuckles with wheel bearings, and rear brakes and rotors changed out. Was gonna have this done several weeks ago but house repairs were much more important!

Finally dropped her off to have the valve covers, coil covers, spark plugs, Motorcraft CoP's (Coils) Belt tensioner and belt, rear knuckles with wheel bearings, and rear brakes and rotors changed out. Was gonna have this done several weeks ago but house repairs were much more important!
You ever get your turn signal problem figured out? I think mines starting to go out now too. :(

You ever get your turn signal problem figured out? I think mines starting to go out now too. :(
Nope, but my turn signal has always worked the entire time without issues other than it throwing the code for it. Once I have this repair done I am going to take it to a shop to go through the few codes that keep popping up and find the issue. I just want to make sure there is not an electrical issue and if there is I want to fix it fast.

Nope, but my turn signal has always worked the entire time without issues other than it throwing the code for it. Once I have this repair done I am going to take it to a shop to go through the few codes that keep popping up and find the issue. I just want to make sure there is not an electrical issue and if there is I want to fix it fast.

Ah, right on. Mine stops blinking if my steering wheel is in a certain position, not sure if it's giving a code, I'll have to check that, thanks.

Ah, right on. Mine stops blinking if my steering wheel is in a certain position, not sure if it's giving a code, I'll have to check that, thanks.

Certain position as in up/down tilt and/or in/out telescope? If so, this would likely be an issue with the wiring to the connector to the multi-function switch or even might be that the connector isn't fully seated. Remove the two screws that face down from the bottom half of the column trim cover, then snap the two cover halves apart. Then you should be able to get to the connector and wiring.

s6x~us~en~file=n0002951.gif~gen~ref.gif

Certain position as in up/down tilt and/or in/out telescope? If so, this would likely be an issue with the wiring to the connector to the multi-function switch or even might be that the connector isn't fully seated. Remove the two screws that face down from the bottom half of the column trim cover, then snap the two cover halves apart. Then you should be able to get to the connector and wiring.

View attachment 828576036
Like when turning, if I turn the wheels to a specific spot it stops blinking, if I turn a little more it starts again.

Like when turning, if I turn the wheels to a specific spot it stops blinking, if I turn a little more it starts again.

Weird. I'd look for some of the wiring being misrouted and rubbing against the steering column shaft.

Edit: I guess that alternately it could be a badly worn multi-function switch that is failing. Of course, the 2003 switch is different than all the other years (AFAIK), and very hard to obtain anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back