What did you do to your LS today?

thats the exact pic that inspired me , in sunlight its a lot lighter in color , they actually did this color by cans on a car on youtube

Yea camo can probably be pulled off for the LS if accented correctly. That M3 would be badass covered in rust. lol

I will have a hard time making my next color a non-pearl powder enhanced color. The pearls take the dip game to an insane level of customization.

I also have a gallon of pearlizer here that I have no idea what to do with.

Yea camo can probably be pulled off for the LS if accented correctly. That M3 would be badass covered in rust. lol

I will have a hard time making my next color a non-pearl powder enhanced color. The pearls take the dip game to an insane level of customization.

I also have a gallon of pearlizer here that I have no idea what to do with.

of course you know what to do with it, hit the hulk up with it to get that crazy antifreeze green color! lol

Well, I finally got the car on a lift to check out the transmission leak. You're supposed to have a slow stream of fluid coming out of the screw hole. Yeah... no. The thing flowed heavily for at least a full minute before slowing down. The friggin gas station that "serviced" the bucking trans (the 40-50mph deal) did a drain and powerflush. Apparently, they must have just powerfilled until it wouldn't fill any further. The bucking was fixed when I did the coils/VCGs/plugs and had the battery disconnected for a while, mind you, before I drained all that spare trans fluid.

I have nothing against gas station service. My current mechanic worked at one until he got his own place. But this car, you have to know your stuff about THIS model. They also did a single coil/plug replacement when the VCGs needed to be done.

I also pulled the headliner and made a short extension for the moonroof drain tube :)

Whatever, the car is done now. For safety and relibility, it's checked, so now it just needs TLC with less necessary things like sway bar bushings, new front discs (they're a little warped, but they're next on the list), info center button fix, etc. Then I can start playing around with all these LEDs I have...

I'm gonna go out for a late cruise now. Thanks for all the help on here. Who knows how much money I would have thrown at the problems without LvC

Put on the 06 Alloys with Sumitomo 245/45 summer tires

IMG_20140522_204530 (1).jpg

IMG_20140522_142801.jpg

IMG_20140522_204530 (1).jpg

IMG_20140522_142801.jpg

With some help from Mlara, got my summer wheels fixed, no more bends or dents. Dropping them off to the powder coater on Saturday. Hopefully by next weekend they are on and I'll shoot some pics.

Got my custom exhaust installed this morning. Dynomax Flo-X with the built in X-pipe installed in the center and straight pipes out the back. Sounds mean! I'll get some pics and videos after I give her a much needed bath

JJcool, which wheels are these? Some jag wheels were they? What color powder coat will you go with?

Yup Yup best color for the LS IMO. Would have prefered that over the Silver Frost Metallic I ended up with.

I let pounding rains clean the bird crap off. Birds seem to love blue. My red truck is parked directly behind my blue LS most of the time, and the truck never gets a speck.

happened all the time with my dark blue charger, damn birds literally waited for me to finish washing my car and then they proceeded to sht bomb it

got the iradar hooked up to the tablet for live police sighting and speed camera updates

2014-05-26 23.46.12.jpg

JJcool, which wheels are these? Some jag wheels were they? What color powder coat will you go with?

The ones that got repaired and will be powder coated are my Vulcanis. Went with the same color, gun metal.

The LS uses coil over shocks, not struts (even though many call them that). With struts, you have to get an alignment as changing the struts alters things. However, since the LS does not use struts, there is no reason to do an alignment after changing the shocks. You need a new "mechanic."

It was just a ballpark guess as I was paying for the A/C job, but thanks for the info, will use it to keep him honest if I do this.

Plasti dipped my liscense surround black with glossifier... turned out pretty good. Then starred at my ls thinking about what should be the next thing to do. Lol

Got my tunes from Torrie for the x4 i purchased last week. Only took 1 quick drive on the performance tune, but man what a difference combined with the CAI and exhaust! Looking forward to playing with it some more!

Thinking of replacing the rear bushings that attach to the rear wheels. Any ideas where to get them?

As if this thread had to fall to the 4th page, I think not!

~ bump

Members online

No members online now.
Back