What did you do to your LS today?

Last week I had the A/C recharged. I felt like it was not getting quite as cold as I thought it should. They vacuumed the old refrigerant out, put in new and replaced a high side valve that was leaking. Cost $121. I'm satisfied with that price.

I had 2 front KYB brand struts/shocks on order from Tire Rack, about $160. Mechanic quoted 2 hours of labor plus an alignment, said it would be approaching $300 to install them. I cancelled my strut order after that news, it's not near as mushy as I thought it was. : )

Last week I had the A/C recharged. I felt like it was not getting quite as cold as I thought it should. They vacuumed the old refrigerant out, put in new and replaced a high side valve that was leaking. Cost $121. I'm satisfied with that price.

I had 2 front KYB brand struts/shocks on order from Tire Rack, about $160. Mechanic quoted 2 hours of labor plus an alignment, said it would be approaching $300 to install them. I cancelled my strut order after that news, it's not near as mushy as I thought it was. : )

Don't need an alignment; and 2 hours labor is RIDICULOUS!!!! With a spring compressor I can do all 4 in less than 2 hours!!! I would find a different shop..... FAST!!!!

...I had 2 front KYB brand struts/shocks on order from Tire Rack, about $160. Mechanic quoted 2 hours of labor plus an alignment, said it would be approaching $300 to install them. I cancelled my strut order after that news, it's not near as mushy as I thought it was. : )

The LS uses coil over shocks, not struts (even though many call them that). With struts, you have to get an alignment as changing the struts alters things. However, since the LS does not use struts, there is no reason to do an alignment after changing the shocks. You need a new "mechanic."

THANKS...... We're survived just fine.... THIS TIME!! Had the wind turned north (like it normally blows up our little valley) we would have been in heap big trouble. We could see the flames from our balcony and my wife got our pictures and a few other things together. The really sad thing is, last I heard, 9 of the 11 fires were arson!!! I sure hope they get that guy!!!!!

I wouldn't be too quick on the arson call...but yeah fires starting upwind of the current ones is a bit suspicious.

The Cedar and Witch fires practically started in my backyard, saw the smoke this time and just thought "not this crap again". Also got some great pics of the helicopters dipping for water at Lake San Marcos :D

You will be pleased!!!!!

Is it weird i can't tell a difference with the SS brake lines? I bled them pretty heavy, but i suppose I can bleed them again, maybe i missed a bubble or three. I put 200 miles on them yesterday and the pedal feel is pretty much exactly the same.

Installed Stoptech Stainless steel brake lines from Rockauto (130 shipped) and replaced the front pads with Akebono Euros's that Kumba suggested in the 12.6 inch brakes thread. Rockauto had one set left for $28, as opposed to the nearly $100 everywhere else. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, too worn out, but I'm thinking about taking the kid to a museum tomorrow so that will brake them in nicely, no pun intended

P/Ns for the brake lines? I couldn't find them.

They are under the Centric Name, at the bottom of the listings for hoses. Looks like they only have rears in stock now, i must have gotten the last fronts. Rear part number is 95061503. Ebay should still have the fronts for around $75

P/Ns for the brake lines? I couldn't find them.

Are you not going to post all that other good stuff you've been doing to your LS as of lately!
You're so secretive about your "What did you do to your LS today" :p

Well the interior and exterior got a huge cleaning, and I re-checked my a/c. all pressures still holding firm. But the speaker grills got painted.
speakergrillslinc_zpsf414d097.jpg

and the outside, got a polishing compound, Maquires cleaner wax, and then maguires spray detailer. I also polished up the chrome exhaust tips, but I didn't get a pic of that.
LSpolishedout_zps99211b78.jpg

Call me crazy but I just may take it out for a drive today. First time it's been sunny with no rain in a long time

5-19-2014 10-30-03 AM.jpg

5-19-2014 10-30-03 AM.jpg

Plasti dip the sun faded windshield wiper arms look like new now

After checking the front rotor and pad thicknesses, I knew I needed to address the front brakes soon. I was somewhat unimpressed with the performance of the stock brakes, even with the semi-metallic factory pads that are part of the Sport package. Plus I needed something that would fit behind the both sets of the 17" rims, both of which have been fitted with new Michelin tires in the last six months. Because of the bolt-on nature and the fairly low cost of the Jaguar 12.6" front brake, I ordered the following;

Centric #125.61077 rotors (high carbon alloy, plain finished, non cryogenically treated)
Porterfield R4-S pads; front #AP933 and rear #AP806
re-manufactured caliper mounting brackets from Cardon #14-1650 & #14-1651
and modified the caliper hardware kit from AutoZone #H5942.

I finally got around to installing the parts this past weekend. I had to dress the outer edges of the front brake pads backing plates to fit properly in the Jaguar caliper mounting brackets with the reworked Ford hardware kit. I did not have the time to install the rear pads nor the Centric/Stoptech SS braided lines #950.61503 and #950.61006 that I also ordered. Hopefully I will get those parts installed soon. The PO had the brake fluid flushed recently at the dealership and the calipers are in very good condition - so it was not critical to address those components at this time.

I am fairly impressed with the improved pedal feel and stopping performance with just the parts installed so far. Sorry for the photos with the dirty wheels.

Jaguar 12.6 front brake upgrade #1.jpg

Jaguar 12.6 front brake upgrade #2.jpg

Jaguar 12.6 front brake upgrade #3.jpg

Jaguar 12.6 front brake upgrade #4.jpg

Installed a new battery today. Next is probably coils and plugs, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need pads and rotors. I was hoping to upgrade to the jag str brskes, but since I've only just recently became employed again, I won't have the money to upgrade the brakes and wheels. With any luck I might finally get to drive my baby for the first time in a couple of weeks.

KKM01.jpg

I didn't post a pic in my previous post. When I had it installed the first time, the filter fell off the outlet end and I had dirt mess up the sensor. This time, before I took off the stickers and painted it, I took a center punch and dimpled the filter mounting ring about every 3/4" around it, then masked off those surfaces. So far it's staying in place.

KKM01.jpg

G Rell you gonna hate me but im dipping mine flat white like yours with a gloss black roof

thats awesome!!!

Actually Pauly G11 beat us both... he wrapped his though (he had Niche's too)

yea and he slammed lol , im stuck between camo green and flat white , camo green cost more and i ll have to do the door jams trunk etc

its a little to light for me , i will be attempting this with cans too , see how that goes lol , 30 cans for a total cost of 150 bucks for the flat white

Cans?! No dude. Don't do it. Waste of time, money, and finger functionality.

I bought a set of camo green gallons. I am not sure if I will be using it on the LS, though. I can't picture it looking right.

Members online

No members online now.
Back