What did you do to your LS today?

walked my caliper brackets over to my neighbors shop and threw them in the glass beater, cleaned up and covered with welder's primer. (weld through high heat primer)

attachment.php

Still have to clean up the calipers themselves then rattlecan some color on them.

Last weekend:
Finally got those "rotten" parts out the rear.

1-bad.jpg

Replaced in Rear:
- Upper Control Arms,
- Eibach lowering springs,
- Stock Sport Shocks,
- Sway bar end links,
- Toe adjust links.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Brakes are next this weekend if I can find some time for it.

1-bad.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

When I put my new upper control arms in the rear I had to cut them off because the hex feature was rusted and rounded off.

Hmmm, where's my GD cheque book? Let's get this over with! ... LOL

Last weekend:

Oops, correction!
I actually already had the old ones out some time ago, I meant I got all the new parts in last weekend.

bravo sir!

I grew up with a few guys that never learned those lessons... its a sad day, when there are grown ass men who call somebody because they needed a flat tire changed out.

Thank you :Beer

Something I have not posted yet, but will head over to the appropriate existing thread, is that over the past two weekends we installed a new deck as well. And once again, they did it, I just supervised and instructed.

Next on the agenda, rear brakes.

Changed all 8 plugs, coils and fuel filter. Cleaned out the engine bay. Picking up refinished wheels tonight. Pics to come.

bravo sir!

I grew up with a few guys that never learned those lessons... its a sad day, when there are grown ass men who call somebody because they needed a flat tire changed out.

Getting to be where you don't have a choice on this, with more and more cars not having spare tires to save .0001MPG for the EPA...

a) if my car didn't come with one, I would acquire one right away, like my dad had to with the Flex he bought because it only came with the air compressor with the built in tire goo...

b) no I'm talking about guys who just don't know how to change a tire, or that all the tools to do so are actually in the trunk

I sh!t you not, I was riding with a few friend somewhere in a new (at the time) F150 when we got a flat. the driver started to call a tow truck when one of the other guys was like, hey, why don't we just change it ourselves... this 30 year old dude has been driving trucks his whole life and did not know there was a spare tire under the bed of his truck...

another friend of mine, bought a house a few years back. bought a bunch of stuff to do yard work. well last year, his mower stopped working. called a guy out to fix it, apparently he didn't know that he needed to check/change the oil. blew up a perfectly good motor because somehow he it never crossed his mind that this big loud metal thing with moving parts required maintenance...

there seems to be an epidemic of sissy city boys growing up that don't ever have dirt under their fingernails, take longer that their GFs to get ready, are never on time, and care more about how they look rather than how their car runs. grown ass men that don't own ANY tools...

Last weekend:

View attachment 828468271

Replaced in Rear:
- Upper Control Arms,
- Eibach lowering springs,
- Stock Sport Shocks,
- Sway bar end links,
- Toe adjust links.

View attachment 828468273

Brakes are next this weekend if I can find some time for it.

Deeza links? You would be wise to coat them as well. I put mine on in the fall and now you could never tell, they look 10 years old. I know it's just surface rust but I would've never thought they could get bad so fast. I always spray the salt off my car too.

Deeza links? You would be wise to coat them as well...

Good point, although now strictly a summer car, I agree, I'll hit them with some clear instead, no harm! thanks!

... there seems to be an epidemic of sissy city boys growing up that don't ever have dirt under their fingernails, take longer that their GFs to get ready, are never on time, and care more about how they look rather than how their car runs. grown ass men that don't own ANY tools...

^ Bravo, that sh!t should be on a t-shirt LOL

OK Finally the pics I promised are here. Got my wheels completely refinished, removed all bends, resprayed, etc. Center caps come today, going to paint them to color match and put the emblems on tonight.

I apologize for two things 1. the bad quality of pics (iphone) 2. how disgusting and unclean my car is.

F11119D8-A9AA-41BB-B23F-C6BE3AB81748_zpszmcm7gir.jpg

30E3DA9E-EF71-41B5-864A-0F2E12A89453_zps1pafpvkr.jpg

Making a new 'T' for my upper radiator hose out of aluminum today...

Been driving my '71 F-350 Cummins swap and decided to take the car and I get spew on the parking space at work (in the nice car)...

Hmmmmmmm....... For the 2nd gen? Will you sell them??????

Not really viable to sell as a machined part when you can get the whole assy for $50. Maybe if it was sand cast, then the customer just buys the plain upper hose and some clamps.

so checking out my VIN on this site:
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

reveals this - what is "outstanding field service actions"?

Outstanding Field Service Actions
07M07 - EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE ON IGNITION COIL ASSEMBLIES AND ENGINE VALVE COVER GA SKETS
07N09 - EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE ON IGNITION COIL COVERS AND WIPER MOTOR BRACKET SEAL

Members online

No members online now.
Back