What did you do to your LS today?

It takes me a while to do things sometimes with my busy schedule, but finally blackened out the chrome trim around the door windows, used Plasti-dip. Overall the look is there but if I was to do it again I will just do it with self etching primer and trim black paint like I did to one of my Mark VII's. If I am going to take the time to mask everything off might as well just paint it. There are a few sections I want to do over as when pulling the masking tape it did not leave a clean line in places, had to go around a lot of it with a razor so it would not keep pulling he plasti-dip.

BTW, don't mind how filthy the car is, did not want to wash first and deal with water screwing up the adhesion, and suppose to rain later today.

Nice and clean. Deleting the chrome really does clean up the lokk of the LS. Nice job.

preview:
photo_zps2ba26b5b.jpg

Oh $hit! Those look strangely familiar.

How do you like them?

Got her all clean and purdy. Cleaned out the inside as well.
Went for a sunday drive and met a srt8 charger at a red light and beat him by a car length to about 50mph.
did a 25mph 2nd gear roll and beat him by like two cars.
I was really surprised actually, I thought I was gonna get smoked.
Talked to the guy after he was surprised as well and said he has always loved the lincoln LSes

I put a K&n intake and magnaflow exhaust on my 2005 ls v8 that only has 45000 miles on it and now it's slower. 0-60 is now 7.5 and it doesn't seem as torquey when accelerating from a stop, it goes straight for 3000rpm instead of 2000rpm. I tried disconnecting the batt twice and it makes no difference. I need a tune don't I?

Welcome Matt. Cedar rapids WI?
Not sure how the intake and exhaust could make it slower. When I installed my intake I didnt noticed much performance gain but no loss either.
I just recently got a tune for my car and it was well worth the money IMO

it's a California car that I bought but that shouldn't make any difference with the LS to my knowledge. cedar rapids ia

As a matter of fact, I was searching this part yesterday on ebay, I just didn't know what the name of the part. My uncle's 2011 MKS got the exact illuminated Lincoln, It so cool and nice. I wonder if this will fit the LS?

I was looking at acc book at the dealer and also seen them on a Stang. I bet the dealer would be cheaper then the Bay....they are as much as the SRP on the Ford site.

Anything can be made to work as long as you want to make it work.

I drove my LS today, nothing special.

Kewl !!! ... I had to do a milk run late last night, put my foot into and got the carbon out, killed a ton of bugs with it. no small game near miss this time.

What's your offset gonna be with those bad boys?

Yesterday I took the right side brake lens out and dumped the water out...the socket and the housing is melted....so I need to go to the junk yard soon and see if I can find a replacement....left tail was out and fixed.

I'm changing all the wood trim to a satin black I think.

Ben I love them but it broke! Looks to be a control arm bushing. Looking at it tomorrow

Ben I love them but it broke! Looks to be a control arm bushing. Looking at it tomorrow

I was the video you sent me. That sucks bro. Sure you will fixed in no time.

I fixed the center vents by replacing the vents and supergluing the bezel where it was broken. Also fixed where the back of the passengers seat kept falling off. Drove my son to baseball practice and fell in love with the car all over again.

I put a K&n intake and magnaflow exhaust on my 2005 ls v8 that only has 45000 miles on it and now it's slower. 0-60 is now 7.5 and it doesn't seem as torquey when accelerating from a stop, it goes straight for 3000rpm instead of 2000rpm. I tried disconnecting the batt twice and it makes no difference. I need a tune don't I?
Matt - Thank you for our service!

I continued my long-standing practice of leaving it parked in the Denver International Airport East Garage.

had some flaws in the trunklid i got from the junkyard and painted. started to sand it down and start over then i realized the meet was this weekend and didnt have the time to take my time and repaint it and wetsand and all the fun stuff so i just plasti dipped it until after the meet. its ugly but at least its better than the sanded down look. lol

943313_594549563911167_559599225_n.jpg

166073_594549613911162_1014424310_n.jpg

946729_594580720574718_1651300152_n.jpg

Good luck with the fix. My rear control arms have been creaking for awhile so I will be doing the same soon.

Members online

No members online now.
Back