What did you do to your LS today?

Just a bit of heat and some pounding.

The passenger side is complete....here comes the drivers side.

Let us know if you need a hand.

The_Home_Depot_Logo_r470x260.jpg

I'll call them for ya!

Damn, that's the one thing I fear the most. The other day, I went out of my way to park half back in a lot and had empty spaces on both side, came back after only 10 minutes inside the store and this guy with his SUV sitting behind the drivers side, parked beside my car. I look at him, as I pass his car, his wife has the Fn door wide open while see attends to some kids in the back. 1 Inch from the side of my car. I literally walked up to her, closed her door a bit on her fat ass and while the husband is looking at me over his shoulder I tell them both "you're sure you're not Fn damaging other peoples properties with your wide open door here?" dumb looking faces of how dare I of course. It's always some dumb c*nt needing to swing the door wide open so they can get at the kids in the back. 1 inch her door was fully opened nearing my driver side rear door. I was panicking for nothing but I really don't need that crap when I go out of my way to park away from the crowd and come back to find some clown right next to me with the damn door fully extended. Just burns me up!

I swear if I ever catch anyone dinging their door into my car, I'll knock them so hard into next week they'll skip a pay cheque.

It's always amazed me how so many people can't seem to park away from others cars. If my car is the only one in a lot of 500 spaces, the next car in always seems to park in the space right next to me :mad:

Should have a sign that reads: "Lincoln LS parking ONLY" and I could care less if it was all the way in the back of the lots.
Have been tempted to start using the "expecting mothers" spots, they seem to have a lot of room on both sides.

I drove that sucker to the alignment shop...felt great to be behind the wheel of the pig again.

Felt great, wheels didn't fall off...not bad for some dude with a wrench.

It's getting 4 wheel alignment and brakes bleed.....no matter what I did to those brakes they just felt spongy....bleed all 4 of them too. Ever since I put that caliper on.

I drove that sucker to the alignment shop...felt great to be behind the wheel of the pig again.

Felt great, wheels didn't fall off...not bad for some dude with a wrench.

It's getting 4 wheel alignment and brakes bleed.....no matter what I did to those brakes they just felt spongy....bleed all 4 of them too. Ever since I put that caliper on.

Sooooo....... You found the missing pieces? :p

Should have a sign that reads: "Lincoln LS parking ONLY" and I could care less if it was all the way in the back of the lots.
Have been tempted to start using the "expecting mothers" spots, they seem to have a lot of room on both sides.

This is the ONLY advantage to my wife's auto accident. Now that she's handicapped we can park in the wide spots with the huge spaces on either side. It's not worth it though, I'd rather she not be hurt and risk the dents.

Today we got my camshafts aligned and the timing cover on and torqued. Now comes the process of putting everything back together and playing a game of "Where does that Bolt Go?"

I had never heard of 'expecting mothers' spots until now. I even Googled it 'cause I thought you were joking haha.

I know Home Depot has expectant mothers parking, but it's not a common one. It's also not backed up by law, so if you decide to park there the worst you'll get is dirty looks.

Need to go to the alignment shop to get my car....prob is....it rained last night and the shop looks like it flooded out from the pics I saw on the news it just might be a flood car now.

Bought these today for the 06.
Ford part numbers are the same for front and rear springs on the ls and thunderbird.
Called Eibach and the only difference between the ls kit and Thunderbird kit is spring rate. they're advertised to lower the ls 1" front and 1.1" rear and the Thunderbird kit says 1.3" front and 1.1" rear. I'm going out on a limb here but I would think that the ls is heavier so putting the Thunderbird springs on my ls would let it sit lower. Does that make sense?
Even if they sit the same the Thunderbird is a lot cheaper. It's also been discontinued by Eibach.
I already bought a set and there's another one left. If anyone else is interested here's the link.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=190815445176&index=5&nav=WATCHING&nid=17559279356

I've never looked up the specs, but I could imagine the Thunderbird being heavier. Chassis support needed for a convertible ect.

According to motortrend the 04 Thunderbird is 3780 and the 06 ls is 3772.
I guess I'll find out when I put them on. Hopefully it'll be at least the same as the Eibach ls kit. Knowing now the very little difference in weight, I bet the springs for both are the same and Eibach just listed separate kits for each car. The Thunderbird being slightly heavier would probably explain the .3" in the front. If that's the case then I got a good deal on a brand new set of springs!

The car is back on my property....she drives nice, straight, better then I've ever felt her.

I've missed it and ready to drive the pee out of her again.

its a different part # then the LS... someone double check... but a great price!

Today, removed front & rear bumpers, and rear lip spoiler.

Tomorrow, cutting off exhaust tips and removing side skirts.

It may come to this, I have it soaking and hope it's free by morning....I have the knuckle out so I maybe able to put it in vise and be gentle with it, or I may mess up the bearing.

Whom ever did the work on it before me had put loctite on all the brake bolts, so I'm guessing no one put antisieze on anything.

I used a sledge hammer on mine. Just had to be as careful as possible to not bend anything. It was all corroded together.

Members online

No members online now.
Back