What did you do to your LS today?

Haha thanks. Yeah it's really enjoyable this clean. Speaking of tires. Any suggestions on getting those red dots off of new tires?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I had those red dots on my new tires as well, thought about trying to get them off, forgot about it and a month or so later they are gone buy themselves. I think it just dissolves over time when hitting it with the power sprayer at the wash.

Took my LS to see Fast and the Furious 6 (not that good) late last night. Some peeps checking out the Bassani LS as it worked it's way around the lot looking for the best no-door ding spot. Honda ricer ask me if I wanted his spot when he was leaving, had a footpath on one side so I lucked out.

... and "leaks" from what I hear.

+1

Fn started to nod off about halfway through, story line slows down too often. Turned into a Vin Diesel with his ol' flame lover story instead, want my Fn money and time back. Actually this release makes me want to sell my entire F&F DVD collection.

... but hey, it beat a night at home with my half drunk ol' lady.

Gave my car its first ever clay barring in its entire life. Damn she's smooth.

New Radiator, DCCV and Serpentine Belt alone with cooling system flush and new coolant. Air bleeding process was trouble free too :Beer

I did however find this when I removed the intake cover :mad:

20130526135147.jpg

The nest was sitting on the intake on the LH side right below where the foam was chewed on.

All said and done 40 mile test drive and the temp is holding steady, just as before.

20130526152621.jpg

Tore into the front end today.......only real issue I've ran into is the hub is seized on the knuckle.....ball joint is good but it's getting replaced anyways.

Now how to get that hub off...

passenger_zpsa38e6f0b.jpg

Angel eyes are back on! Forgot how much i love that look.

I would LOVE to do this but there are WAY,WAY too many BMWs around here!!! The LAST thing I want to do is look like a BMW wannabe!

Tore into the front end today.......only real issue I've ran into is the hub is seized on the knuckle.....ball joint is good but it's getting replaced anyways.

Now how to get that hub off...

Penetrating fluid and a 5# sledge???????

Penetrating fluid and a 5# sledge???????

It may come to this, I have it soaking and hope it's free by morning....I have the knuckle out so I maybe able to put it in vise and be gentle with it, or I may mess up the bearing.

Whom ever did the work on it before me had put loctite on all the brake bolts, so I'm guessing no one put antisieze on anything.

I would LOVE to do this but there are WAY,WAY too many BMWs around here!!! The LAST thing I want to do is look like a BMW wannabe!

Lol same issue I'm dealing with. Ann Arbor is crawling with beemers

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's something new I'm working on....they are invisible.

Where I'm going I don't need no wheels.

Don't knock it until you try it. The tiny wheels on that jack are narrower, which means less rolling resistance. Plus the jack weighs less than the removed parts, so there's less unsprung weight. When you consider that the jack is just holding the car up and not actually connected, that means NO unsprung weight. Since the wheels are smaller they'll spin faster, plus that they are metal, they'll give you more of a flywheel effect and we all know how flywheels store power for later use. And also being metal there won't be any sidewall flex. That'll make his LS the fastest, best handling one here!

At least, until someone adds NAWS, MSD, and Eibach stickers to their hoods and fenders, that is.

This weekend I Installed some halo's and completed the sylvania headlight restoration on headlights and fog lights. The Sylvania kit was the best I have ever used! highly recommended!

I did not go with Umnitza halos on my 2000 LS Sport, I was not going to over pay for halos. I found 90 LED per righ halos online for $40 for all 4. 5.15 inches in diameter. I also installed them to follow the diameter of the actual light reflector. This gives the halo a look like in the newer Camaro. Where the Halo is cut off on the top and a little bit on the bottom. I love the look, it was exactly what I was looking for! I will grab some pics soon.

Also smoked the turn signal cover and parking reflector with VHT nightshade (only one coat) to darken them a bit. Again similar to the newer Camaro. I used the UV protect and sealant from the Sylvania kit to cover and clear coat the newly smoked reflectors. Makes the car look a little more angry.. :)

That is what I did to my LS today :) have a great day!

Also used some Gummi Pflege Stift on the rubber ledge below the windows. It was pretty dry and starting to look like it was going to crack. This stuff is Amaz-O! Rubber soaked it right up and gave it that dark black shiny rubber look again. Does not seem like it is a sealant, more of a conditioner. Decided to go around all exterior rubber surfaces. Very great product! I will be buying more of this stuff!!

Just a bit of heat and some pounding.

The passenger side is complete....here comes the drivers side.

Members online

No members online now.
Back