What did you do to your LS today?

Put some more miles on it today, thats all. No real cleaning needed. Wiped the rims when I got back home.

Speaking of rims. I need to do a brake job. This brake dust is getting ridiculous. If I didn't wash my rims for a month, my wheels would looked dipped.

lol was going to buy a new deck from abc warehouse and have it put in until they told me they'd have to order the mounting kit...and it would be $80...WTF?!

changed the 2nd HO2S and cleared the CEL, drove it about 70miles and it still hasnt came back on so *fingers crossed*

Slapped on new Stabilizer end links today....didn't get rid of the creaking....I'm leaning toward the stupid shocks.

But did notice the back and forth feel is much tighter. The new links were at least double the thickness of the old ones, and greasable, and not dry and rusted....haha.

Detailed the inside today.

Cleaned all glass from the inside.

Protected the dash, door panels, sills, and all other interior plastics with 303 Aerospace Protectant
icon14.gif
. Nice, non-greasy, UV protected finish.

Vacuumed carpets, cleaned up some minor soiling around driver's floor mat (fit isn't 100% :() with my new 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover. Also cleaned the driver's floor mat with my new APC to get rid of all the damn salt and sand stuck onto it. Spray on, soak for a few min, brush, rinse. Worked great.. couldn't be happier with it, especially since it was a free bonus. Of course, I put lines in the carpets before re-installing the mat.

I installed the HID kit from DDM and the LED Fogs from V-LEDs. The 02 LSE side skirts are on as well. Now I just need to clean the winter off of it. Lol

I broke mine. Pretty sure there's a coil going out, and the cats are starting to get hot and stink on top of that

On the '06... Bypassed my throttle body coolant lines and first oil change since I bought it recently. First time ever using Royal Purple. Bought it and a pack on K&N oil filters on eBay cheaper than my normal Mobil1 at the local Walmart so I figured I might as well.

On the '06... Bypassed my throttle body coolant lines and first oil change since I bought it recently. First time ever using Royal Purple. Bought it and a pack on K&N oil filters on eBay cheaper than my normal Mobil1 at the local Walmart so I figured I might as well.

I'd suggest quickly removing the Royal Purple oil from the engine and replacing it with any other synthetic. RP does not have the best reputation, and many people have posted on the internet in general that shortly after switching to RP their engine failed. A few folks here swear by the stuff, but personally I'd not use it as there are way too many quality oils out there to risk the engine failure thing being true. Up to you though.

I'd suggest quickly removing the Royal Purple oil from the engine and replacing it with any other synthetic. RP does not have the best reputation, and many people have posted on the internet in general that shortly after switching to RP their engine failed. A few folks here swear by the stuff, but personally I'd not use it as there are way too many quality oils out there to risk the engine failure thing being true. Up to you though.

I had RP in with 10K mile changes for ~55K miles. That said, after reading the anecdotal "evidence" I switched back to Mobil1; having never heard anything bad about Mobil1. IMHO, it's not worth the risk.

Replaced a broken stud. Easy as pie(for the front at least).

Bought myself a clicking torque wrench to prevent anymore snapped studs. Hard to believe LS lug torque specs are only 100 ft/lbs. Compared to how much I tightned them before, 100 ft/lbs seems like nothing.

Front window regulator clips. I was pretty nervous about this job but it worked out alright. Gotta get some goo gone. The tape I used to hold up the glass left adhesive on the window trim.

I cleaned the inside LS, sanded my ASMI intake tube to a satin finish, plastic headlight restore, installed my new woodgrain steering wheel, fabricated my new heatshield then realized I was out of rivets.

Tomorrow...
Finish heatshield (assemble, paint low gloss black, install), Wash and wax car, maybe install the aluminum Jag coolant tower and my custom aluminum degas bottle (and change the upper control arm while the degas bottle is out).

... sanded my ASMI intake tube to a satin finish ...

oh? ... pics please if possible! Done easily ? Grit sandpaper ?

----

Folks just got back from snowbirding in FL for 6mths, they brought duty free goodies.

20130428_092650.jpg

Originally was just trying to avoid shipping charges, had my folks place my order
and it turned into free presents for my LS instead. So nice of them.

Kinda nice these came in cuz I used my last Aquapel applicator (not a polish M4rk!) the other day.

~ did have to forfeit one to a guest last night ... had to pry it out of my hands.

20130428_092650.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back