What did you do to your LS today?

So these cover your existing pillar posts or do you take off the existing one and put these on?

Also, the mirrors looks awesome! My driver's side had a chunk out the bottom. I have seen back and forth on here regarding the ability of the mirrors to fold electronically.

These are manual folding and the pillar items go over the existing. Clean well to remove wax and such 1st.

Painted and installed a 2006 grille.

20171122_130945.jpg

Fantastic job on the mirrors and grilles and painting etc. I didnt do anything so glamorous. I dropped the rear subframe and installed new rear sway bar bushings. Also new rear sway bar links.
Reconnected the steering column and installed new tie rod ends.
Installed the oil filter adapter, oil cooler and Rh engine mount on my engine I'm rebuilding.
Next is the Stance shocks for the rear.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I dropped the rear subframe and installed new rear sway bar bushings. Also new rear sway bar links.

Thanks. I have the rear sway bushings to do myself. Did you get by with just backing out the frame bolts about half way and letting it drop down some ?

Fantastic job on the mirrors and grilles and painting etc. I didnt do anything so glamorous. I dropped the rear subframe and installed new rear sway bar bushings. Also new rear sway bar links.
Reconnected the steering column and installed new tie rod ends.
Installed the oil filter adapter, oil cooler and Rh engine mount on my engine I'm rebuilding.
Next is the Stance shocks for the rear.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Heyjewel

Thanks. I have the rear sway bushings to do myself. Did you get by with just backing out the frame bolts about half way and letting it drop down some ?
That might work but I pulled them all out with a floor jack topped by a 2x4 under the differential. Then lowered that carefully to get to the bushings. Had some trouble getting the subframe back in proper position and that would probably be made easier if the bolts were not removed. Have fun.

Yes, prep is key of course. That and applying thin coats. It dries really fast as well.
After the last clear coat I take a hair dryer to the part then let it sit a few hours, but overnight is best if it has to be handled a lot to install.

1999-2000 Lincoln LS M6640A Performance White Spray Paint Base/Clear Coat Kit | eBay
Thanks!! My 04 LS has the Ceramic White tri-coat. It looks awesome but not easy for a novice like me to do. I really want to color match but also want it to look good. How many cans to do the grille?

A few weeks back I put in new ES sway bar bushings. A couple days ago I put in Moog end links. What a difference in “heft” of the Moog vs the stock links. When you can easily wiggle the joint, you know they are worn. I still periodically have the front end moans and creaks. Happens mostly when the car is warmed up and hot. No clunks like a ball joint, a forward to back creaking.

Thanks!! My 04 LS has the Ceramic White tri-coat. It looks awesome but not easy for a novice like me to do. I really want to color match but also want it to look good. How many cans to do the grille?

I did one mirror and the grille with one can base & clear

Installed Stance Coilovers and fixed my front bumper of some cracks.

View attachment 828567868

View attachment 828567869

View attachment 828567870

Man that's beautiful. Is it lowered much? No issues with the Stance? I'm not sure anymore that I was shipped the correct Stance units. I've had to send the lower mounts back to be redrilled. Now I've had to send the upper shock units back to get a longer ones. These were too short to set the entire unit to the length of the OEM shock. The fronts have the wrong springs according to the spec. They should be 200mm long but mine are 250mm.
All that said though QC could use some work, support has been great.

Man that's beautiful. Is it lowered much? No issues with the Stance? I'm not sure anymore that I was shipped the correct Stance units. I've had to send the lower mounts back to be redrilled. Now I've had to send the upper shock units back to get a longer ones. These were too short to set the entire unit to the length of the OEM shock. The fronts have the wrong springs according to the spec. They should be 200mm long but mine are 250mm.
All that said though QC could use some work, support has been great.
Wow. I got these from a member on here. No issues at all. And thank you. I'm in love all over again.

Little tease. Mocked up my staggered 20s. Can’t wait to get tires for them.

457CCCA1-CC29-4E14-911C-4CBC79F83892.jpeg

739CA401-3C63-4A0D-A372-6DA09800D8C1.jpeg

494742A2-5F73-4A72-BF24-316D87EAB526.jpeg

07B621A8-1D61-4E77-BAD5-46B86092210A.jpeg

C96BA9E8-1201-4E6B-98C5-7EC2B8FF0E84.jpeg

343F1842-4B81-4FD7-A5DB-46FB35D5FB7E.jpeg

Just finished putting the valve covers back on. Replaced all of the chain tensioners and chains with the new ones. Few more things to put back together then start her up for the first time in about 3 years. I only took ownership a few months ago.

20171209_220245.jpg

Just finished putting the valve covers back on. Replaced all of the chain tensioners and chains with the new ones. Few more things to put back together then start her up for the first time in about 3 years. I only took ownership a few months ago.

View attachment 828567947
What year? If it’s a Gen 1 I encourage you to go with aluminum T-Stat Housing Ero part Jaguar S-Type

What year? If it’s a Gen 1 I encourage you to go with aluminum T-Stat Housing Ero part Jaguar S-Type
It is a 1st gen. I wasn't planning on it initially because the car hasn't run in so long and I wasn't the owner last time it ran so there is a bit of uncertainty there. I don't want to put a bunch of money into it before I've even started it....but I think you've talked me into it. It's a direct swap with the LS thermostat, correct?

It is a 1st gen. I wasn't planning on it initially because the car hasn't run in so long and I wasn't the owner last time it ran so there is a bit of uncertainty there. I don't want to put a bunch of money into it before I've even started it....but I think you've talked me into it. It's a direct swap with the LS thermostat, correct?
Yes, absolutely... direct fit all the way ....I seen your picture and I thought I’d mention it, due to the fact you have the luxury of everything opened up which will make the replacement that much easier

Members online

No members online now.
Back