What did you do to your LS today?

Replaced the upper hose today. The old one got cracked and led to an engine overheat.

20180203_132051_.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah i've got a black one. I can cut 6 or 8" of the hose off with it and stick it in a padded PO envelope. I think it would cost under $15. I would let u know after i send it. Paypal to pay? Why dont you PM me with address etc if you wanna move forward.

Think I'll cut it today and send it next week. That looks to be the driver's side pump yes? I ask cause the tube curvature is different. BTW, finally got the engine and Getrag back in my car yesterday!!! Will post a pic in the corresponding thread. Lot's of stuff to hook up now including the exhaust system.

I replaced the front shocks. I bought a full set of 4 SenSen brand from ebay for about $200. A local mechanic swapped the springs for $25. The car feels attached to the road now, instead of floating around above it. Can’t wait to put on the rears next week.

I want to personally thank everyone for all the great tips, advice and links on this site. Over the past two weekends I upgraded and replaced the suspension on my 2006 LS Sport, swapping out all four sway links with Moogs, and replacing new OEM passive lateral links I found on Ebay.

I'm feeling much safer now traveling at high speed on the German autobahns knowing that I've got a new stiffer suspension underneath me. The OEM stock sway links looked way too thin for my driving comfort, and several of the bushings were dry-rotted and disintegrating. Finished off the upgrade with a 4-wheel alignment and tire balance, and now it's running on rails.

Also as reference, my LS topped out at 133mph before cutting my gas off. But with all the new suspension work, 125mph feels like floating down the highway. And to make it even dreamier, I don't have to watch out for the cops.

Last edited:
Remove the speed limiter by means of installing a Torrie Tune.

+1

~ remember a trip from Denmark to Holland, my father had just gotten back from Sweden after picking up his brand new Saab 900 Turbo, on the Autobahn going through Germany at night in the rain, frickin thing hydro-planned half sidesways on him ...

#ScaredTheKids

Last edited:
I replaced the fuel filter. It had been accelerating slowly, and having trouble making it up hills. No engine codes, and no sputtering like an ignition coil. It was super easy to change. Took about an hour from wheel off to wheel on. Problem solved. Techron was BOGO at Advanced Autoparts today, so I put in a bottle.

Last edited:
I replaced the fuel filter. It had been accelerating slowly, and having trouble making it up hills. No engine codes, and no sputtering like an ignition coil. It was super easy to change. Took about an hour from wheel off to wheel on. Problem solved. Techron was BOGO at Advanced Autoparts today, so I put in a bottle.

I have that part in my To Do kit. Been having similar symptoms. I’ll let you know the result after this weekend. Thanks for the info.

When you do, hold the old filter upside down overtop a drain pan and watch the brown filthy sludge run out. You’ll be shocked for sure.

Instantly restores throttle response (providing your coils and plugs are good).

It had been accelerating slowly, and having trouble making it up hills.

I haven't been having extreme acceleration problems, but I've got all those horses pulling me and when I kick them in the a$$ they tend to look back at me and say WTF before they start running away. My thought is the fuel filter is the problem, but I also read about hesitation between sending units from the accelerator and the fuel pumps.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Yeah i've got a black one. I can cut 6 or 8" of the hose off with it and stick it in a padded PO envelope. I think it would cost under $15. I would let u know after i send it. Paypal to pay? Why dont you PM me with address etc if you wanna move forward.
Replaced the makeshift connector I had inserted into the fuel pump assembly module with an OEM connector Heyjewel sent me in the mail...this couldn't have come at a better time ...car stalled on the way to work last friday and had to tow her home ...connected the OEM fitting on the fuel assembly and she popped right off been running strong ever since...Thanks to Heyjewel my car is back on the road....this forum has some really good people and I'm very grateful to All the people who have taught me so much about this beautiful Lincoln which is sometime my worst enemy but over all just a really fun car to own and drive...thanks again Heyjewel for the permanent fix...happy motoring

Glad to help and I was only able to do so because I had broken one of my black connectors and I replaced the entire 4 tube harness. So I had one black one left.

I upgraded my spare to a full size tire and rim. Got the steel rim from Amazon only $70, it is made for a Ford Escape but has the dimensions I needed: 17" diameter x 7.5" width, 5 x 108 bolt pattern, the offset is similar. Have a better scissor jack on order as well. The stock jack is wimpy. Added a nice lug wrench to the trunk as the original was missing. Also put new lug nuts on all the wheels, $111 for the open-end type I got from NAPA, set of 20. Got tires rotated and new synthetic oil. Found out I have an oil pan gasket leak.

... Found out I have an oil pan gasket leak.

On the V8? I bet it's not the oil pan gasket. Look closer.
(Note that any oil leak at the front of the engine will make the whole oil pan oily. An AC compressor leak will as well.)

Last edited:
I upgraded my spare to a full size tire and rim. Got the steel rim from Amazon only $70, it is made for a Ford Escape but has the dimensions I needed: 17" diameter x 7.5" width, 5 x 108 bolt pattern, the offset is similar. Have a better scissor jack on order as well. The stock jack is wimpy. Added a nice lug wrench to the trunk as the original was missing. Also put new lug nuts on all the wheels, $111 for the open-end type I got from NAPA, set of 20. Got tires rotated and new synthetic oil. Found out I have an oil pan gasket leak.
How'd you get that in the spare tire area?

How'd you get that in the spare tire area?

I have full size spares (used a couple of regular 17" LS rims) in both of mine. Why wouldn't it fit? The actual outer diameter of the tires are all the same for any of the LS tires (16", 17", compact spare,...) Only the width changes, and the tire well is deep enough for the full width tire.

I have full size spares (used a couple of regular 17" LS rims) in both of mine. Why wouldn't it fit? The actual outer diameter of the tires are all the same for any of the LS tires (16", 17", compact spare,...) Only the width changes, and the tire well is deep enough for the full width tire.
Hmmmm. I better do some measuring. 2 of the 3 compact spares I have had blew themselves up. I've looked around for a new one with no luck yet, plus not sure I'd want to put one of those on the car since they seem to self destruct just sitting in the trunk. I was thinking run flats would cancel the need for a spare but thought harder and realize that they work best on cars with tire pressure monitoring systems. Perhaps a full size spare is the way to go.

Hmmmm. I better do some measuring. 2 of the 3 compact spares I have had blew themselves up. I've looked around for a new one with no luck yet, plus not sure I'd want to put one of those on the car since they seem to self destruct just sitting in the trunk. I was thinking run flats would cancel the need for a spare but thought harder and realize that they work best on cars with tire pressure monitoring systems. Perhaps a full size spare is the way to go.
I have a full size in the trunk as well... The fuel pump stopped working today...left me stranded in a snow storm on the highway...thank God I was by a house and pulled into there driveway ...must have finally gave out due to running the makeshift connector for the last month...to much stress on the pump I suppose due to the dimension of the hole the fuel was going through....after looking at how small the hole was I'm surprised it lasted this long...new assembly on the way ....going to install the Spectra again ...shouldn't have bought that Carter brand but I got it on open box Amazon for $36.00 originally $116 ...the spectra I had in her before was a hundred times better ...hopefully this is the cure all...anyway sorry for the rabbit trail ...but back on the subject of the LS's trunk it has plenty of room for a '17 inch wheel

I have a full size in the trunk as well... The fuel pump stopped working today...left me stranded in a snow storm on the highway...thank God I was by a house and pulled into there driveway ...must have finally gave out due to running the makeshift connector for the last month...to much stress on the pump I suppose due to the dimension of the hole the fuel was going through....after looking at how small the hole was I'm surprised it lasted this long...new assembly on the way ....going to install the Spectra again ...shouldn't have bought that Carter brand but I got it on open box Amazon for $36.00 originally $116 ...the spectra I had in her before was a hundred times better ...hopefully this is the cure all...anyway sorry for the rabbit trail ...but back on the subject of the LS's trunk it has plenty of room for a '17 inch wheel
Thanks for the confirmation on the spare tire (not that I doubted you, joegr :)
Too bad about more troubles with the fuel pump. So u think the cause is not the black connector I sent you, but the previous rube goldberg one you had in there?

Finally starting to get some "nice" weather out here in Vancouver so I thought I would get a head start on the spring cleaning and get cracking on my engine bay. I used a all purpose cleaner and a dedicated brush to break up all the grime on a square foot area at a time, I then rinsed off the aggegated soap and grime and wiped up any excess water with a micro fiber towl. I then used some Meguiars Ultimate Polish with a applicator/light cutting pad. It brought some life back into my engine bay. Im still looking for ways to get rid of all the white dust on my intake manifold from having moisture under the hood over the winter.

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

I got a little bored tonight and started my paint correction a little early. What you see in the picture was just some Meguiars compound by hand, I will finish off the entire car by machine then polish and sealant.

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0347.JPG

Can’t install it yet, but received it in the mail the other day. Can’t wait till it’s back on the road to install it!

B9142700-4D67-4712-B85E-450AA90B4D23.jpeg

Finally starting to get some "nice" weather out here in Vancouver so I thought I would get a head start on the spring cleaning and get cracking on my engine bay. I used a all purpose cleaner and a dedicated brush to break up all the grime on a square foot area at a time, I then rinsed off the aggegated soap and grime and wiped up any excess water with a micro fiber towl. I then used some Meguiars Ultimate Polish with a applicator/light cutting pad. It brought some life back into my engine bay. Im still looking for ways to get rid of all the white dust on my intake manifold from having moisture under the hood over the winter.
That's one beautiful engine!
And car starting to brighten up too. Meguiars is good!
And I like the LED grille. Did you customize that yourself or is there some off-the-shelf product.
Thanks
George[/QUOTE]

Members online

No members online now.
Back