What did you do to your LS today?

Finally got my angle eyes in and working the way I wanted. 04 premium, turn on with ignition, auto off when parking lights on, the side turns off when turn signal flashes. Took a lot of time, wiring, and searching on this forum for info on where to find the trigger wires I need, thanks to everybody that has posted info on this site and especially Joegr! His info was invaluable in helping with my project.

I didn’t do it today, but back in April I installed the D2 Racing coils. I love them! Big improvement over the Eibach springs and stock struts.

D0C2C832-E8E7-4D32-9D63-78BD6B19FABB.jpeg

BD8967A0-B2A2-4571-8057-CB5D74B4B65F.jpeg

6869682D-928F-4685-80E0-D549D9EEBDAB.jpeg

6D213E4E-F6FA-4D33-9A82-3561D2892343.jpeg

35D7619E-FF7B-4780-9A72-AFAC4AD87731.jpeg

B9C9FFD7-2DC4-419A-B836-E96390B08F4C.jpeg

The whole car also got wrapped in another layer of 5%. I now have double 5 on all windows except sunroof and windshield

158C64FC-EC8E-4E09-A060-B138B2DE3158.png

7945F27B-A543-47F3-898A-568CFA0F98DB.png

I didn’t do it today, but back in April I installed the D2 Racing coils. I love them! Big improvement over the Eibach springs and stock struts.

Car is looking really good. When you say improvement are you referring to the height, the ride, the handling..all of the above ?

Last edited:
I guess I don't under stand the point of double 5% tint... hell single 5% coverage front and back in just short of impossible to saee through from the outside while still being a pain in the dick to see through at night, there is no way I'd want to make it 10 times harder to see out of that even that.

I believe many states have laws about how dark the tint on the windows can be; there are limits.

correct. just about every place that does have a law against certain tint, single layer 5% would break it.

honestly, on top of not being able to see a damn thing out my own windows at night, I just got tired of getting pulled over all the time. My Mark was the last car that I had with 5% all the way around (sans windshield) and because of that, it got pulled over more than a black man driving a powered doughnut. worse part was 75% of the time, because they had no clue what was behind the dark glass, they would always approach the car with their guns already drawn and that is some sh!t that aint nobody got time for.

owned the car for about two years and finally seen the true color after trying out some new products. Had to shut it down until morning though because I don't have the privilege of a garage or shop at the moment but tomorrow hopefully I will be able to finish the passenger side and trunk lid.

GOPR3497.JPG

Did some big work over the last week or two...had a coolant leak. Changed out "front plastics" (9N499, cross pipe, Tstat) and then discovered the water pump was shot and changed that.

THEN saw that 9 month old belt was frayed and missing one of the six ribs on the belt. I tried to pull off the belt and couldn't get it past the harmonic balancer and the oil cooler. I then realized the balancer was coming apart...the pulley part was sliding off the rubber which was coming off the main part connected to the crankshaft. This, by the way, was a balancer I replaced 9 months ago, fortunately, it was under warranty with Rock Auto. Also, you can see where the balancer was rubbing/grinding on the oil cooler.

So, while I had the balancer off, I replaced the crankshaft front seal. Lots of fun and sick of the Lincoln manual saying "use the SPECIAL TOOL" to remove a part.

I am learning WAY more about this car than I ever wanted to know!!!

Balancer1.jpg

Balancer2.jpg

Balancer3.jpg

balancer4.jpg

engine cover.jpg

IMG_6068.JPG

oil cooler.jpg

...Lots of fun and sick of the Lincoln manual saying "use the SPECIAL TOOL" to remove a part.

I used the free tool that you get to open paint can lids with. There are general seal removal tools that probably would have worked better, but this only took a couple of minutes. I did use the correct "special" tool to install the new seal. I got a good deal on a used one on ebay.

I used the free tool that you get to open paint can lids with. There are general seal removal tools that probably would have worked better, but this only took a couple of minutes. I did use the correct "special" tool to install the new seal. I got a good deal on a used one on ebay.

In terms of removal, I did the screw and slide hammer approach. However, I had to improvise since the slide hammer was too long to fit between the crank and the radiator.

For installation, I have seen the tools on ebay as well. I ended up using a 2 1/4' or so socket that I borrowed from a buddy to get it in squarely (or roundly...lol).

Additional aspects were trying to find a gasket for the oil cooler. They only come with the oil cooler itself from the dealership. The manual states to "discard" the gasket. I reused the old gasket and put an even layer of Ultra Black gasket maker to ensure a solid seal.

mini slide.jpg

Haven’t posted in a while, but I just picked up this front bumper cover from an 06 that was being parted out. Not bad for $150! Also got the side skirts off the car for $25. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great weekend!

50AB0005-1EAD-4EC7-A52E-0DDDB41ECC4E.jpeg

Haven’t posted in a while, but I just picked up this front bumper cover from an 06 that was being parted out. Not bad for $150! Also got the side skirts off the car for $25. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great weekend!

View attachment 828569799
Perfect looking chrome trim intact and fog light/brackets... You did very good sir.

Perfect looking chrome trim intact and fog light/brackets... You did very good sir.
Car was in great shape! I was the first person to pull anything off of it. Had “bad engine” written on the windshield. Too bad to see it in a scrap yard like that.

Been awhile but I changed out door lock actuator, window actuator, replaced the steering controls with newer ones, replaced DATC and DCCV, swapped to Gen 2 folding mirrors and 06 bumper!!

F7744F2E-3261-4749-8AA3-9C2D3733331C.jpeg

88D13C0E-D052-4ED8-98EC-2F010FB83F9E.jpeg

C90D5486-9157-4DFF-8478-9BD71DE2C42D.jpeg

9D5208C4-3A90-4904-A0C9-2EA2B012A476.jpeg

A441B057-2546-4755-832D-D95E614ED541.jpeg

E0AA9D4B-DAEE-41D2-AF21-B8335C03A5B6.jpeg

Pulled my Degas Bottle today cause of a volcano suddenly going off in the car today :eek: Went 2 mins it slightly overheated. For a sec I had thought Old Jed was shooting...Then one day he was shooting at some food, And up through the ground came a bubblin’ crude.(Sorry could not resist gotta have humor) No Leaks that I can see in my bottle but the cap sure got warped (Could have been this way already, just bought the car last week) No obvious signs of leaks so guess I will be prepared to replace the upper and lower hoses and the Degas Bottle. I Bought the car to flip to get a Gen2 but will likely be keeping it since I have having to do a lot of the neglected maintenance on her.

Haven't posted an update in a while. Added some 18'' Volvo wheels, led fogs, complete front and rear suspension overhaul, and if anyone remembers the electric cooling system I used, it's been doing just fine even in 90+ degree weather.

20180602_165322[1].jpg

My LS has been sitting under cover for a few yrs now and I was horrified (but not surprised) to find it was converted into a mouse motel. After cleaning out all the mouse shit and mold that had built up on my leather, I decided to finally finish the suspension rebuild that ate my crappy tools many moons ago.

Does anybody know if having all the suspension parts removed could be cause for the ignition key not to turn?

^ Dare I suggest, ignition key turning and missing suspension components have ZERO relation to one another ?

^ Dare I suggest, ignition key turning and missing suspension components have ZERO relation to one another ?

Shot in the dark really. Thought it could be similar to when my wife calls me to tell me her key wont turn, until I tell her to move the steering wheel a bit.

...Does anybody know if having all the suspension parts removed could be cause for the ignition key not to turn?

Yes, the answer is "no, there is no connection."

Shot in the dark really. Thought it could be similar to when my wife calls me to tell me her key wont turn, until I tell her to move the steering wheel a bit.

This is certainly true of many cars, as a lot of them have (or had) mechanical steering wheel locks. The LS (both generations) has no steering wheel lock at all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back