What did you do to your LS today?

Well I need an automatic because I drive into DC for work everyday. I don't want to sell but I only have space for one extra car. I'm open to trade for an auto! It's a black 2000 LS manual sport with 157000 miles. Brand new clutch. I'm only selling it for $3000

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

Pretty much a restoration with a few changes here and there. The motor is at the machine shop getting checked out since it sat in my neighbors backyard for a couple of years with a blown head gasket and covered in antifreeze. I wish I could find headers and other performance goodies for it, but they just don't seem to exist. Everything under the hood was corroded in surface rust. Whenever it's completed, I'll take it to the car shows and display it next to my Challenger. The amount of these on the road seems to be dwindling.

0DB71178-689D-43D1-9087-5FFD8D57E3A8.jpeg

6BC65DAC-14EC-431B-906D-917C0C6FE51F.jpeg

Did rear shocks, lateral links; but now need major alignment (waiting on front shocks to arrive and changed; so I only have to pay once for alignment). That's on the black daily

The maroon is a parts car. But as I start stripping it apart, the more I want to get it running as it's in better shape, less rust.

Both 2002 v8

01c48aecc9d3d76805e730803872448984531411dc.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

Did rear shocks, lateral links; but now need major alignment (waiting on front shocks to arrive and changed; so I only have to pay once for alignment). That's on the black daily

The maroon is a parts car. But as I start stripping it apart, the more I want to get it running as it's in better shape, less rust.

Both 2002 v8

View attachment 828568348

View attachment 828568349
I did the front shock absorbers but now need the rear replaced...thanks for the pics just gave me the inspiration I needed...tc

Make sure you mark the forward position of the mount (it's angled), before removing from the tower. Make marks on the position of the shock too. (i.e. spring compress, then slide old shock from the bottom, replace new in exact position)

(diaclaimer: not an auto mechanic)

The cold temperatures in the Chicago area caused electrical issues related to the battery, such as parking brake service notification and alarm indicator on dash flashing. Replaced battery with Motorcraft OEM model. The failed battery was installed on 10-9-2009, so it still is within its 37-100 months pro-rated charge warranty - by 1 month.

Found out Ford discontinued the fuel line that hooks into the Fuel Pump Assembly Module...searched around for a modified version of the fuel line and found nothing ...asked for ideas and received no help on this forum ...so for the next guy who needs to replace the fuel pump assembly connectors/adapters here is my version of how to fix a damaged fuel line connector in the fuel pump assembly module...if you have any questions feel free to message me for part numbers from your local auto store and procedures on how to fix this the right way...and yes this fuel system in the Gen 1 LS is highly pressurized so you must use certain steps and procedures in order to assure a successful fuel delivery system
image.jpeg

A while back I discovered a problem with my DATC. I found and picked one up a cheap from a local craigslist part out, functionally it worked great but the display lights were out. Knew it was the ribbons from board to board but did not have the time to fix it, also discovered that someone had "tried" to fix it already by soldering in jumper wires... which failed.

Finally fixed it today, removed the jumpers and re-soldered the broken ribbon contacts to the boards and all the lights work again... but I'm not sure about the external temp reading though, said it was 90F after install (engine running), and I know for fact that it is not 90 out. Will see when I drive it tomorrow.

My wife drives the "hot rod Lincoln", so I had to get a new tire thanks to a NJ pothole.

She blew out the old tire. I run 2003 TBird rims on my LS. One rim now has a little bit of damage from the pothole hit.

Leadfoot Linda!!

Found out Ford discontinued the fuel line that hooks into the Fuel Pump Assembly Module...searched around for a modified version of the fuel line and found nothing ...asked for ideas and received no help on this forum ...so for the next guy who needs to replace the fuel pump assembly connectors/adapters here is my version of how to fix a damaged fuel line connector in the fuel pump assembly module...if you have any questions feel free to message me for part numbers from your local auto store and procedures on how to fix this the right way...and yes this fuel system in the Gen 1 LS is highly pressurized so you must use certain steps and procedures in order to assure a successful fuel delivery system
View attachment 828568403
I see what you did there. :) Looks like you had the same problem as I did - the plastic on the line going to the red connector got twisted and bent and/or broke? In any case I did find a new fuel line - it crosses over the top of the tank to the other pump - at rock auto. Here: More Information for MOTORCRAFT KFL18
Hope it's OK to post a link?
Any case, that is the part. I've yet to put mine on but will do today or tomorrow. Have to remove or drop the fuel tank to get to the top middle.

image.jpeg
I see what you did there. :) Looks like you had the same problem as I did - the plastic on the line going to the red connector got twisted and bent and/or broke? In any case I did find a new fuel line - it crosses over the top of the tank to the other pump - at rock auto. Here: More Information for MOTORCRAFT KFL18
Any case, that is the part. I've yet to put mine on but will do today or tomorrow. Have to remove or drop the fuel tank to get to the top middle.
Yeah that black plastic connector was destroyed trying to get it out...I have no intention in dropping the fuel tank... I'm resorting to an easier fix with a bit of modifications I used the same black plastic nylon fuel tube with brass splicing connectors...I just purchased fuel injector hose and I finally found a 90 degree L connector which is made out of metal not plastic like the OE ...I'm hoping it fits into the red lock ring haven't check to see if it fits yet due to having the flu for that last few days feeling better today so will check it out tomorrow ...as of now I'm using the nylon plastic fuel line that I heated up and bent into a L shape ...I could be wrong but in order for the tank to be dropped out you'll have to take off the drive shaft..that's a can of worms I don't want to open...

Last edited:
After researching the fuel hose on Rock Auto the link you uploaded....I see the KFL18 fuel line comes up but it doesn't come up when I put in my 3.9. V8 so the next question that comes to mind is....will this part be universal for both the V6 and V8????

After researching the fuel hose on Rock Auto the link you uploaded....I see the KFL18 fuel line comes up but it doesn't come up when I put in my 3.9. V8 so the next question that comes to mind is....will this part be universal for both the V6 and V8????

Hmmm I dont know. But I was at a boneyard a week ago pulling the fuel pumps on a 2000 V8 because the P/Ns are identical to V6. And the fuel line connectors and number of of course are the same as well. Don't see how anything on that fuel line corssover part could be any different where it goes from one side to the other, but Ford engineers had a hand in it so I can't be sure.

View attachment 828568485
Yeah that black plastic connector was destroyed trying to get it out...I have no intention in dropping the fuel tank... I'm resorting to an easier fix with a bit of modifications I used the same black plastic nylon fuel tube with brass splicing connectors...I just purchased fuel injector hose and I finally found a 90 degree L connector which is made out of metal not plastic like the OE ...I'm hoping it fits into the red lock ring haven't check to see if it fits yet due to having the flu for that last few days feeling better today so will check it out tomorrow ...as of now I'm using the nylon plastic fuel line that I heated up and bent into a L shape ...I could be wrong but in order for the tank to be dropped out you'll have to take off the drive shaft..that's a can of worms I don't want to open...

Yeah I've found it nearly impossible to get those plastic fuel connectors out of the housing without 4 hands. I've broken two myself which is why I bought the fuel line. I hope your fix works. If it doesn't there's always that fuel line. Dropping the tank isn't the hardest thing I've ever done but mine was empty and the driveshaft was already partly out of the way. I only dropped it to rest on the DS where it was and there is barely enough room to get to the center where for some reason the fuel line is covered with an adhesive piece of foam. I think I'll use some Flex tape to hold it down - that will even stop any leaks! :)

V6 and V8 should be the same, but 1st gen and 2nd gen are very different.

Yeah I've found it nearly impossible to get those plastic fuel connectors out of the housing without 4 hands. I've broken two myself which is why I bought the fuel line. I hope your fix works. If it doesn't there's always that fuel line. Dropping the tank isn't the hardest thing I've ever done but mine was empty and the driveshaft was already partly out of the way. I only dropped it to rest on the DS where it was and there is barely enough room to get to the center where for some reason the fuel line is covered with an adhesive piece of foam. I think I'll use some Flex tape to hold it down - that will even stop any leaks! :)
Yes it does stop leaks ...he even sawed a boat in half lol anyway ...I see your V6 is a 2001 my V8 is 2001 so being there both Gen 1 and getting confirmation from Joe I'm in luck with the fuel line ...thanks for all the info it's much appreciated...I've still to see if this new connector is going to work but if all else fails I'll buy the fuel line and cut the plastic connector off and use it with the fuel injector hose...I'll post some pictures after its completed regardless ...and ToomanyToys was right the clear tube I used initially wouldn't have lasted long ...the fuel injector hose that he suggested is like night and day...just wish Lincoln/Ford would've used fuel injector hose with metal connectors from the start...and that's good to hear you had a easier time dropping the tank at least you'll have a brand new line back in your car....it's always nice to keep things original...I'm sure when my LS goes down the road some day to a new owner ...they will be stratching there head with my modification lol

Yes it does stop leaks ...he even sawed a boat in half lol anyway ...I see your V6 is a 2001 my V8 is 2001 so being there both Gen 1 and getting confirmation from Joe I'm in luck with the fuel line ...thanks for all the info it's much appreciated...I've still to see if this new connector is going to work but if all else fails I'll buy the fuel line and cut the plastic connector off and use it with the fuel injector hose...I'll post some pictures after its completed regardless ...and ToomanyToys was right the clear tube I used initially wouldn't have lasted long ...the fuel injector hose that he suggested is like night and day...just wish Lincoln/Ford would've used fuel injector hose with metal connectors from the start...and that's good to hear you had a easier time dropping the tank at least you'll have a brand new line back in your car....it's always nice to keep things original...I'm sure when my LS goes down the road some day to a new owner ...they will be stratching there head with my modification lol
I still have the old line. I think only one connector is broken. (Probably the one you need?) But if I have what you need it I can send it to you at cost or cut off the part of it you need and send that.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I still have the old line. I think only one connector is broken. (Probably the one you need?) But if I have what you need it I can send it to you at cost or cut off the part of it you need and send that.
Thanks for the offer as of now I think she is buttoned up pretty good...the new connector is much too big for the insert so I'm just going to leave it with the nylon plastic hose ...going with the old saying ...if it's not broke don't fix it ...surprising enough she is a really good fit inside that red lock ring ...but if I run into issues down the road I will let you know.... it's the black connector I'm in need of ....not the white connector... let me know if you have the black one and how much you want for it including shipping cost? The more I think about it the more I think it would be a good idea to have that connector on hand just in case this mod doesn't stand the test of time but she really seems solid ....I have the nylon pushed up on the barbed brass and with the fuel injector hose over- laping the nylon I will be really surprised if it starts to leak but as much trouble as I've had trying to remedy this fuel line Due to the extreme pressure this fuel system has I'm still not sure if it will hold the test of time ...when it sprang leaks in the past it's always been after driving her to the extreme ...anyway Time is the tell All...

View attachment 828568492 View attachment 828568493 View attachment 828568494
Thanks for the offer as of now I think she is buttoned up pretty good...the new connector is much too big for the insert so I'm just going to leave it with the nylon plastic hose ...going with the old saying ...if it's not broke don't fix it ...surprising enough she is a really good fit inside that red lock ring ...but if I run into issues down the road I will let you know.... it's the black connector I'm in need of ....not the white connector... let me know if you have the black one and how much you want for it including shipping cost? The more I think about it the more I think it would be a good idea to have that connector on hand just in case this mod doesn't stand the test of time but she really seems solid ....I have the nylon pushed up on the barbed brass and with the fuel injector hose over- laping the nylon I will be really surprised if it starts to leak but as much trouble as I've had trying to remedy this fuel line Due to the extreme pressure this fuel system has I'm still not sure if it will hold the test of time ...when it sprang leaks in the past it's always been after driving her to the extreme ...anyway Time is the tell All...

Yeah i've got a black one. I can cut 6 or 8" of the hose off with it and stick it in a padded PO envelope. I think it would cost under $15. I would let u know after i send it. Paypal to pay? Why dont you PM me with address etc if you wanna move forward.

Members online

No members online now.
Back