Time for a change

I think if anybody could pull it off, it would be you. Haven't seen one done like that before, then again I haven't seen a car like yours before.

Go for it, I think it would look sick!

Haha.thanks. its a lot of work to set up a car like that.I don't mind the work as long as it turns out the way I want it.I can fit the rims on just to look at it to see if its the direction I want to go.like I said its just a thought...10 years ago people would laugh at you for putting 18s on your cars.now.18s are the least you want to put on.trends start by someone thinking outside the box...lol but still not sure if I want to go that way..a deep dish 20x12 might give me the look I want too.

But to put a wheel that large under the rear you would have to tub a little and that causes other issues like where to move the shock. Hell with my 18x9 and 275 tires they are very close to the sway bars end links so you may even have to get a narrower sway bar and move the links inboard. Just seems like a whole lot of work.

Plus with something that big you would have to get some nice big ass rear rotors cause the stockers will look like coffee cup saucers.

But to put a wheel that large under the rear you would have to tub a little and that causes other issues like where to move the shock. Hell with my 18x9 and 275 tires they are very close to the sway bars end links so you may even have to get a narrower sway bar and move the links inboard. Just seems like a whole lot of work.

Plus with something that big you would have to get some nice big ass rear rotors cause the stockers will look like coffee cup saucers.

Big rotors a must.Yeh lots more to tubbing these cars out than regular cars.after looking it over and measuring I could only go with a 12 inch wide wheel to keep it tucked inside.anything beyond that is extensive work...not saying the work to put a 12 in the rear is easy, still will need to move some things around.

i think that mustang above looks totally retarded, but thats my opinion. thats just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much wheel makes the car look fake.

i think that mustang above looks totally retarded, but thats my opinion. thats just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much wheel makes the car look fake.

I think it looks good,but they should of went a little smaller since it is a small car .I'll stick with the 20s and go wider. Jamie one of these days I'll make it back over there,hopefully soon.I was going to Missouri to pick up my daughter the 26 th. But we are flying her down now.so we can send the kids out to play and we will chop up some bumpers.:D

i'm gonna save one for my car, i am throwing the rest away, i take it you didnt see my thread, i paid june's shop rent, i am moving out and all done with the mark VIII parts crap, but i have a garage at home i will play with my own stuff here at home. so i will still have a place to work, just alot smaller!!

i'm gonna save one for my car, i am throwing the rest away, i take it you didnt see my thread, i paid june's shop rent, i am moving out and all done with the mark VIII parts crap, but i have a garage at home i will play with my own stuff here at home. so i will still have a place to work, just alot smaller!!

Yes i remember that thread...now. i need to get on here more!as long as you still have a drive way we are goood.

i really want a hood done like yours bad, i think i will keep a spare hood incase i can talk you into that too. hell i even have enough ebony base coat left to paint a hood and bumper!

yeh like a polished lip.wide lip in the rear is a must.i do like these,but open to all options and opinions.the only thing is it has to stay tucked inside fender.
KGrHqNg8E2fJKeqtTBN3gYGuYw0_121.jpg

I like those, but like you say, polished lip and a painted center, maybe silver metallic. I would go down to 19" too.

I love how the blue turned out. I never thought much of a light blue looking right on a lincoln, but you managed to pull it off. The way the light hits the grille in the first picture looks great.
I'm just throwing this out there, but what does anyone think of this color for a mark? It's a rare factory Aston Martin color called "DeWitt Green" and Its on a Vanquish here, which has similar curves.

Dewitt small 1.jpg

Dewitt small 2.jpg

DeWitt small 3.jpg

I really like the wheels, I really do.. but I hate the little ribbits or whatever they call'em. They destroy the smooth look of the wheels.
Its cause they are a real three piece wheel. They are bolts. Those wheels are available with a welded in face as well for those that dont like the "rivits".

i love this car, i don't know how i missed this thread from the beginning but i did lol! someone recently posted it on the mark viii Facebook page. but this is easily the best looking mark out there!

Members online

Back