Time for a change

I like your car black just like it is. If mine had Black interior I'd be tempted to paint it Plum Crazy Purple.

i would love to see a mark in plum crazy!!! i love that color. i have painted a couple of guitars plum crazy metallic and i love it. but i think an ivory interior would work the best :D

i repainted a 93 mark that was dark cranberry metallic factory, but the owner asked me to put alot of pearle over it, so i did, and this is what happend!!! its about as close to plum crazy purple as you will see on a mark unless someone actually does it!!

jeffscar103.jpg

jeffscar070.jpg

i didnt like it, and after a month he decided he didnt as well, so he paid me to repaint it again, and this was the same car the second time.
factory color with new wheels and a wing...
jeff006.jpg

jeff004.jpg

That paint job looks good Jamie.didnt care for the purple to much either.come on over ill let you paint my car! What is really screwed up is i can paint anyones car any color and it will turn out great.paint one of my cars and wtf! something always screws up.last time i painted it the air hose dragged across the front spoiler and messed up the clear.2 days to fix that.

I must be going color blind cause when I look at your car it looks grey. Plus your wheels are on backwards.

I was serious about the color blind. I have noticed lately I have a hard time with shades of smokey blue to grey. Like the 97 and 98 grey looks the same to me and his blue looks the same as my car even though I know its not. I have been having trouble with some greens too.

Getting old sucks. :(

Laser are you sure you don't need a new monitor? lol

As much as I would like to switch the wheels around to look correct, I have no idea how long those tires have been riding like that and it's not a good idea, IMO, to switch them now until I get new tires all around.. It's annoying though!

i repainted a 93 mark that was dark cranberry metallic factory, but the owner asked me to put alot of pearle over it, so i did, and this is what happend!!! its about as close to plum crazy purple as you will see on a mark unless someone actually does it!!

i didnt like it, and after a month he decided he didnt as well, so he paid me to repaint it again, and this was the same car the second time.
factory color with new wheels and a wing...
jeff006.jpg

jeff004.jpg

I like the second paint job color better also. VERY NICE. Thats a factory color???

Thats a sharp color. Never seen one in person.

Thats prolly why I have never been a big Gen1 fan. I never seen a real nice one in person.
I like to screw with Gen1 owners on here but its all in good fun. If its a Mark then I like it. Even the Mark LT. I just would like to see a really nice one in person.

Did you just buy this car? I have seen these photos on Craigslist for a long while, and I think I just saw them again a week or so ago.

Yeah, I've had it for almost 2 weeks now. It was only about 25 miles from where I work so I jumped on it quickly.

If i can get my camera to link up to my computer i will post some pictures.
I added 3 inches to the cowl to bring it back closer to the windshield.
looks pretty good.Started off with adding 4 inches to the back of the cowl.
i liked that but couldnt open the hood over half way without it hitting
the windshield.I think i will be selling my wheels when i get back from missouri,I found a set i like.
plus i will be going for a little wider wheel all around,thinking 11 or 12 inch
in the rear and 9 in the front.
they will stay tucked inside the fenders though. Ill get to try out my buddys plasma cutter and tourch for that project.
its funny to see the wife come out in the garage,her face just turns red and she walks back inside with out saying a word..:D.

finally won the battle with the camera! here i made the hood longer.and put the front half of the car in primer,this is my everyday driver.
IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

2011-05-24225901.jpg

2011-05-24225916.jpg

2011-05-24225927.jpg

2011-05-22141916.jpg

Looking good blue_t! I have LOOOOOTS of pics saved of you car on my phone and computer. I'm a big fan!
So whats going on in that last pic?

Wish I had that kind of body working skills. You do nice work mang.

Looking good blue_t! I have LOOOOOTS of pics saved of you car on my phone and computer. I'm a big fan!
So whats going on in that last pic?
THANK YOU! In the last picture i was stripping the driverside door.i have to work my way around the car one panel at a time because i have to drive this everyday.every panel gets stripped to metal or atleast to the base primer coat.the hood and the air dam just got stripped to the base primer coat because of the body work in it i didnt want to ge into.the grill so far was the biggest pain in the a**! Remember the wife drove this car 3 times and i had to repaint the front of it 3 times ,well i never stripped the grill down untill now. WOW! there was a lot of paint on that,there was more on the grill than the driverside door,the pile was bigger! what a pain that was.i did alot of little things to the body that i didnt talk about before when i repainted it black,here in some of the little (stuipid things my wife calls it)i corrected,the gap on the corner of the bumper between the headlight and the bumper there was a 1/4 gap.lined up the body panels so you can drag your hand from panel to panel and not feel a change,marks were bad for that, K9T8M probably knows about that since he is a body man.another paint in the butt to fix.the tail lights on my car never lined up right the neon always stuck out a bit further than the brake lights,seen lots of marks with this problem.ill keep updating this thread as i go.just bear with me because sometimes i get so busy i forget.

Man some people know how to throw a wrench in my gears!I bought 1 quart of paint to try out the color,opened up the can,shot a test piece, ordered 5 more quarts of the paint.My paint was suppost to be delivered yesturday.today i got a email today that they were out of stock and refunded my money.Looked the auction back up and at the time i bought the paint there was 10 quarts avalible.So i relook it up again today and he has it for sale again with 36 in stock but at 60.99 a quart with 12.99 shipping! he jack up the price from 40.99! :q:q:q:q:q:q:q! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190145129180&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Updates..car is now blue.went with a base coat clear coat system.one of a kind blue.mostly house of color cobalt blue and another factory blue I mixed up.didn't want anyone pulling up next to me with the same color.bunch of different pearls in it.hope everyone likes it.I took a couple of front end shots for temple performance.i think if they build this bumper it will sell.in my opinion I would go for a year or two newer on the grand am bumper.as you can see I still have to put some of the trim back on,I gutted this car out to paint everything..
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDMuanBn.jpg
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDUuanBn.jpg
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDQuanBn.jpg

It certainly has presance! Love the color, reaches out and grabs you then bitch slaps you! :lol:

What happened to the headlight trim?

Members online

No members online now.
Back